+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1/17 Middle Tennessee game

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: 1/17 Middle Tennessee game

Holden and Griffin were definitely 'high energy' off the bench. Holden had great presence in the paint too at both ends of the court.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

One of the announcers remarked about people leaving at the 2 minute mark when the game was still in question.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see people leaving. I can't say it didn't happen, but there surely were a lot of people screaming at the end of the game. It was a fun game to watch-so glad we went.
    Coming in as swiftly as we could from an out of town kids' basketball game, we didn't arrive until 10 minutes left to go in the game and it was no small chore to find a parking spot when it appeared the game was well in hand. We saw a few coming out, but not many. And, the Dawgs were a little too kind to the visitors and even let them get as close as four at the end so we got to see some basketball excitement too.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    One of the announcers remarked about people leaving at the 2 minute mark when the game was still in question.
    I heard that and thought a lot of people were probably hitting the restroom before the final minute!

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Holden and Griffin were definitely 'high energy' off the bench. Holden had great presence in the paint too at both ends of the court.
    They both played really well, considering neither have seen the court much lately. The biggest thing to me was they both played about 15 minutes, and they didn't commit one turnover.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good crowd.

I give the students and band most of the credit for the noise. They did good.

So strange and I think some will agree that yesterday was the first decent weather we have had in weeks. I was SUCH a nice day that I really believe some put things before going to the game. Had the weather been gray and cold like it had been since Christmans, I think we'd have had more. Crazy, I know, but I believe it.

Last thing...KXKZ radio was giving us free pub all morning saying, "IF you don't have anything else to do, come to the Tech game this afternoon!"

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Holden not only earned minutes going forward, his contribution significantly enlarges our prospect of playing the NCAA tournament. His emergence is that important IMO. Also noticed Dayon is a MUCH better player with Speedy on the court with him. It takes the pressure off of him to set up the offense, be the primary ball-handler, and the like. He can just play.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Holden and Dayon may not be the offensive threat of the ones they replaced; however, they seemed to be better on defense. They excelled against the guard oriented MTSU Blue Raiders. They may not do as well against bigger teams but, in my book, they clearly earned more minutes.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Good crowd.

I give the students and band most of the credit for the noise. They did good.

So strange and I think some will agree that yesterday was the first decent weather we have had in weeks. I was SUCH a nice day that I really believe some put things before going to the game. Had the weather been gray and cold like it had been since Christmans, I think we'd have had more. Crazy, I know, but I believe it.

Last thing...KXKZ radio was giving us free pub all morning saying, "IF you don't have anything else to do, come to the Tech game this afternoon!"
    i agree...the student section was great Saturday night, but they did kinda seem to run out of gas late in the fame when they should have been their loudest
    Last edited by Tech77; 01-18-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We still didn't get points out of our bench, but subbing in the smaller, quicker lineup paid off in the second half. We will see a lot more of Holden, I hope, as it looks like he is a guy that can D up a big if he has to. He is also athletic enough to keep up with a guard most of the time.

Still learning, but we definitely have not come close to the ceiling for this group yet this season.

Go Dawgs!

+ Reply to Thread