+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. MTSU Snaps @LATechWBB Win Streak

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Mtsu W. Basketball. MTSU Snaps @LATechWBB Win Streak

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

When Louisiana Tech faces Middle Tennessee Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Murphy Center, it will be more than just a match-up of two teams tied for second place in the current Conference USA standings.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, MTSU Square Off Saturday

This would be a big upset for the Techsters to pull off. We HAVE to play from start to finish. They are going to be on fire after losing to Southern Miss. We need to come out with intensity and keep it for the entire game! IF we can pull it off, look out WKU! Now, THAT is an old rivalry!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I have been seeing that the Lady Techsters vs MTSU game is supposed to be shown on ASN - they even advertised it during the men's game last night, but it has not shown up on the schedule for any of the DirecTV channels. Does anyone know what providers will be showing the game and on which channels?

Bulldog Tech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the rough

Local Knox. news says Pat will attend the game to cheer Tyler on. News gave a short clip of Techsters play and repeated HCTS's record.

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I have been seeing that the Lady Techsters vs MTSU game is supposed to be shown on ASN - they even advertised it during the men's game last night, but it has not shown up on the schedule for any of the DirecTV channels. Does anyone know what providers will be showing the game and on which channels?
    I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶A̶S̶N̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶D̶i̶r̶e̶c̶T̶V̶.̶ Sorry, that's the men's game.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Wife & I have been plotting our attack on the Lady Blue Raiders. [is this smilie icon Homeland Security approved?]

Writing down directions (low tech--I told y'all before) from the Blue Cactus (late lunch) to campus and parking (plan A) or parking (plan B), and walking to the Murphy Center.

Found my old dorm on the campus map, and the library. Nothing else looks familiar.

Here's an article from the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal. Not much in the body, but after the article are some interesting points.
    http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/coll...ders/21888755/

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Wife & I have been plotting our attack on the Lady Blue Raiders. [is this smilie icon Homeland Security approved?]

Writing down directions (low tech--I told y'all before) from the Blue Cactus (late lunch) to campus and parking (plan A) or parking (plan B), and walking to the Murphy Center.

Found my old dorm on the campus map, and the library. Nothing else looks familiar.

Here's an article from the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal. Not much in the body, but after the article are some interesting points.
    http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/coll...ders/21888755/
    You would think Tyler came from MTSU. I guess the whole state claims him.

This is going to come down to stopping their post player and being able to guard the three. It will be tough! They are better than Southern Miss (although, Southern Miss was able to upset them). Does USM only play games in overtime)? I don't think they can shoot as high of a a percentage of threes two times in a row, but it is possible, if we aren't able to double up on that post player and come out and guard the three at the same time.

I will repeat: I HATE catching a good team after they have a close loss the game before - much less on their home court! GO TECHSTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶A̶S̶N̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶D̶i̶r̶e̶c̶T̶V̶.̶ Sorry, that's the men's game.
    For the Women, I have Dish, but it is listed for channels 416, 417, 418, 420, 422, 425, 427, 428, and 430. Fox and Sun.

For the Men, I have a listing on RTRM Channel 414. That one is a surprise.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    You would think Tyler came from MTSU. I guess the whole state claims him.
    I continue to contend that there is marketing gold to be mined by targeting Summitt-loyal Lady Vol fans and drawing them into the LaTech orbit--before the Lady Techsters become dangerous rivals again.

They are better than Southern Miss (although, Southern Miss was able to upset them).
    I've read about that USM win several places. Must have been stunning to watch. Something clicked and Southern couldn't Miss.

I HATE catching a good team after they have a close loss the game before - much less on their home court!
    Yeah, MTSU won't be asleep. But on the other hand, they didn't really do anything drastically wrong (other than lose composure), they just got hit by a mid-game statistical anomaly! Surely though, they won't fold in the face of one of our now typical 2nd half comebacks.

I'll be curious to see how much of a home court advantage the Blue Raiders have, crowd-wise. In Tennessee there are Lady Vol fans and there are Lady Vol/Pat Summitt fans. In the middle of the state the percentage of Pat Summitt fans increases (as you'd expect if you know Pat's bio). Only problem is, that's an aging, predominantly female, cohort. Not the loudest fans in the stands. But Tyler should have lots of surrogate moms at the Murph today, helping Pat support her boy.

We'll be wearing red for this one, but in terms of Murphy Center game time fashion today... "orange is the new red."

I continue to contend that there is marketing gold to be mined by targeting Summitt-loyal Lady Vol fans and drawing them into the LaTech orbit--before the Lady Techsters become dangerous rivals again.

I've read about that USM win several places. Must have been stunning to watch. Something clicked and Southern couldn't Miss.

Yeah, MTSU won't be asleep. But on the other hand, they didn't really do anything drastically wrong (other than lose composure), they just got hit by a mid-game statistical anomaly! Surely though, they won't fold in the face of one of our now typical 2nd half comebacks.

I'll be curious to see how much of a home court advantage the Blue Raiders have, crowd-wise. In Tennessee there are Lady Vol fans and there are Lady Vol/Pat Summitt fans. In the middle of the state the percentage of Pat Summitt fans increases (as you'd expect if you know Pat's bio). Only problem is, that's an aging, predominantly female, cohort. Not the loudest fans in the stands. But Tyler should have lots of surrogate moms at the Murph today, helping Pat support her boy.

We'll be wearing red for this one, but in terms of Murphy Center game time fashion today... "orange is the new red."
    Yell loudly!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in Texas and will be watching on tv. I hope it is a good game and the improvement we have seen shows up today - start to finish!

We'll be off camera, as per Witness Protection agreement. We got tickets close to the floor but cross-court from the visitors' bench, in hopes I can pick up more of what CTS is yelling.

If anyone reading this is going to the game, just look for my wife: she'll be the one with the trophy husband next to her.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

It seems that MTSU strengths is the post play and that the Techsters weakness is post play!
    Interesting note that MTSU hasn't lost 2 home games back to back in some time!
    Just hoping Tyler and co. watched and saw how USM was able to take the post out of the game and try and duplicate that this evening at 7:00 CST!
    Also, that the BIG come-back Win at UAB will give the Techsters some serious mojo going into the game!
    And the 19 point lead that was lost in the game against USM will be weighing heavy on the MTSU players!
    If Shelton and Frazier have big games,
    and Wingate and Molton keep progressing and hold their own down in the paint...
    tonight I am going to predick a "W" for the Techsters!

Not going to lie. This one makes me nervous. We are going to have to use help on their post player. That means guarding the outside shooter and getting back to the post. Of course, disrupting the passing to the inside could do wonders. I am hoping that we can do a lot of full court press and get a LOT of transition points!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

We'll be wearing red for this one, but in terms of Murphy Center game time fashion today... "
    orange
    is the new red."
    Tenn. wearing RED!
    Yell Loud!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

For the Women, I have Dish, but it is listed for channels 416, 417, 418, 420, 422, 425, 427, 428, and 430. Fox and Sun.

For the Men, I have a listing on RTRM Channel 414. That one is a surprise.
    On DirecTV there are 23 options for the men when you include the live broadcasts and replays (live on 634, 640-1, 646, 653, 659, 660, 660-1, 661, 663, 668-1, 671, 676, 686-1, and 692). But no where for the Lady Techsters.

+ Reply to Thread