+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TOP 100 recruits La 2015

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: TOP 100 recruits La 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I posted years ago a thread that got 50/50 response. I said when LSU is good--they get recruits from all over country and 10-15 from La-- we get shot at recruits who want to stay in LA. You would have thought I was LSU troll ( couple of posts called me that). Hard data shows 8 0f top 12 COMMITTS going to LSU but so far 7 of best rated 100 in state have committed to Tech. If LSU was not getting talent nationwide I believe a few of these recruits would get offers from LSU. Give me a break here, this is NOT about supporting LSU--its about what is good for Tech -- other than 1 Tulane recruit , we got all the ones staying in LA
    You are so brilliant!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

it is going to get worse-- big schools will soon be able to subsidize athletes -- that is going to be tough. Right now, Tulane is only real competitor in stae-- last few years ULL was getting a few--- nice to see they are nowhere on list
    This ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    C-USA will be giving full cost of attendance scholarships just like the P5 conferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    ... and when 10 or more schollies are added to the power conferences we will REALLY be hurt. Subsidy doesn't affect us as much because we are not fighting for many of those recruits anyway, but think about removing the top 10 athletes from our team or more...pretty scary!!
    I haven't seen or hear this one, but Jamrob addressed it in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    They can make their own rules now.
    Not yet. They still need us for now.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

The P5 will be getting the top G5 recruits and the G5 will be getting the top FCS recruits. Taking 650 players out of the top G5 recruiting pool every year would be significant, I think.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    The P5 will be getting the top G5 recruits and the G5 will be getting the top FCS recruits. Taking 650 players out of the top G5 recruiting pool every year would be significant, I think.
    From everything I read months ago, any attempt to increase the 85 scholarship limit will be blocked. Has this changed? I haven't paid attention to anything coming out of the convention this past week.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    From everything I read months ago, any attempt to increase the 85 scholarship limit will be blocked. Has this changed? I haven't paid attention to anything coming out of the convention this past week.
    Blocked by who? The P5 now can make rules that apply only to them without the whole NCAA approving.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

However, with the new brand of recruit I don't think it will matter as much as in the long ago past. If a guy doesn't get any playing time he will transfer. That seems to be the trend.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They can make their own rules now.
    Blocked by who? The P5 now can make rules that apply only to them without the whole NCAA approving.
    You keep saying that. They've always made rules to favor their own, but at this point we are still in the game.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I thought that was part of the deal for the rest of the NCAA schools to grant autonomy: no increase to the scholarship limit and a couple other mandates. But like I said, I haven't read anything about this stuff this past week.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    You are so brilliant!
    . Never denied that I used to be-- those days are gone

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that the P5 can no longer pull a player's scholarship, in essence, making it a 4/5 year contract. Did I read that right? If so, then it would make it harder for the P5 to stack their signing classes up to 35 and would make gray-shirts harder to do.

Also, if the P5 increased their scholarship limit, then, I'd think, the transfer market would get much larger. Many many more kids would want to transfer and the G5 schools that plan for that market to open up will be much better for it.

Also, if the P5 increases their scholarship limit, we, the G5, need to pass a rule that says that the player can play immediately upon transfering to a G5 school, same as with the FCS. If we're not part of their party, then we should be able to make this rule happen. We could start siphoning off many more of their players with this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I read somewhere that the P5 can no longer pull a player's scholarship, in essence, making it a 4/5 year contract. Did I read that right? If so, then it would make it harder for the P5 to stack their signing classes up to 35 and would make gray-shirts harder to do.

Also, if the P5 increased their scholarship limit, then, I'd think, the transfer market would get much larger. Many many more kids would want to transfer and the G5 schools that plan for that market to open up will be much better for it.

Also, if the P5 increases their scholarship limit, we, the G5, need to pass a rule that says that the player can play immediately upon transfering to a G5 school, same as with the FCS. If we're not part of their party, then we should be able to make this rule happen. We could start siphoning off many more of their players with this rule.

Just talk. Conferences can pass rules that only apply to them as a conference, but as of now there are no NCAA rules that apply only to P5 schools.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

at least 7 committed to Tech ( top 100) http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Foo...kings?State=LA
    So ULL's got 5 commits in the state of Louisiana's Top 100, and ULM has two (2).

I like what Skip has done so far. From that list, LA Tech appears to be the preferred "G5" school in the state of Louisiana with top recruits.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Arkansas State has 5 commits in the state of Arkansas Top 40, while LA Tech has three (3). This clearly makes LA Tech one of the top two preferred "G5" choices by recruits in the state of Arkansas.

I posted years ago a thread that got 50/50 response. I said when LSU is good--they get recruits from all over country and 10-15 from La-- we get shot at recruits who want to stay in LA. You would have thought I was LSU troll ( couple of posts called me that). Hard data shows 8 0f top 12 COMMITTS going to LSU but so far 7 of best rated 100 in state have committed to Tech. If LSU was not getting talent nationwide I believe a few of these recruits would get offers from LSU. Give me a break here, this is NOT about supporting LSU--its about what is good for Tech -- other than 1 Tulane recruit , we got all the ones staying in LA
    Are you making this about YOU again? Geeezz......

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Scholarship additions effect tite IX. Full cost of attendance doesn't since no ratios change
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread