+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LTAC membership changes in 2015 - C parking pass now at $500 level - sign of success?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: LTAC membership changes in 2015 - C parking pass now at $500 level - sign of succ

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    "Boosters" are only listed online and in the programs if your last name starts with Si-Z. If "Boosters" last names start with A-Si, then you get no recognition whatsoever.
    Wow! Apparently all of the A through Si folks were not notified. Not good business.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: LTAC membership changes in 2015 - C parking pass now at $500 level - sign of succ

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It was hyped as a record year. Not a good idea.
    No it wasn't. But to them it was all about perception.

Instead of TOUTING the giving for the SEZ facility and down playing the slight decrease coming off a HORRIBLE year in football, they chose to lump it together...

That's why I think we needed a "BRICKS AND BONES" capital campaign for brick and mortar projects that was separate from LTAC -

Serves two main purposes -

1) doesn't eat away at your LTAC giving which is used to pay operating expenses and major salaries
    2) honors those who go above and beyond for the CAPITAL improvement side

It's like tithing and capital fund raising for a church (or any other not for profit) - you don't want to cut into your tithes for a BIG project, you want them to be on top of your regular tithes

Just not much forethought put into the process from day one - it would of been very beneficial to bring in a fundraising group and pay them the $XXX,XXX to go and get the 20MM and let our LTAC employees continue their work on the regular sustaining gifts for LTAC
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

There's not much of perk difference between booster to varsity level.

Varsity Level ($299-499)

Tax Deduction - not a perk from the school
    Athletic Email - whooptie-doo, they send those out to everyone
    Access to Special Event - what LTAC members only events have they hosted?
    Car Decal - awesome, but I rather have a state-T decal
    Game Program Recognition - thanks.
    Opportunity to purchase chairbacks - There's no chairbacks to purchase, I heard there's a waiting list.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

There should be some lifetime giving perks and a way to check your donor points also...

And it should be retroactive to the Athletic Club of Tech days

Lifetime giving levels -

$10k
    $50k
    $100k
    $250k
    $500k
    $1MM
    $5MM
    $10MM
    $25MM plus

It's just a thought - but I think it would be good to have this

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

When we made parking donors-only, our membership significantly went up from back in the CHAMPS days. Looking at the membership list, Varsity Level makes up a huge chunk of LTAC because of the C lot parking perk. Givers at this range will either have to fork up more money or not have the parking perk. I think we will see a significant drop in the Varsity Level giving and a small bump to the Trophy level.

We might see a drop in overall LTAC membership.

I think the below would be a great solution to minimize the risk of losing members.

Cash Lot
    Softball Parking Lot
    Intramural Field near soccer

D Lot
    Rugby Field

C Lot
    existing lot taking over D Lot corner

B Lot
    existing lot with expansion into C

A Lot
    existing lot

Cash Lot Waiver Young $50
    Cash Lot Waiver Booster 100-249
    D Varsity 250-499
    C Trophy 500-999
    B Champion 1000-2499
    A Director 2500-4999
    A President 5000-9000
    Valet Golden 10000+

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I think they just priced out a lot of younger alumni who may not have the financial ability to justify a $500 donation.

I have been donating to LTAC (albeit somewhat small amounts) since I graduated in 2009. I could justify the extra cost for the young alumni level because A) it got me buy-one-get-one season tickets, and B) I got access to a parking pass. I have one more year left in Young Alumni and was planning ahead to paying the $300 to get the C-Lot pass so I could continue tailgating in the lot. Now, There is no incentive to increase my giving whatsoever because $500 is probably out of the question for us, and there are no other perks for the 2 levels inbetween. This blows.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    When we made parking donors-only, our membership significantly went up from back in the CHAMPS days. Looking at the membership list, Varsity Level makes up a huge chunk of LTAC because of the C lot parking perk. Givers at this range will either have to fork up more money or not have the parking perk. I think we will see a significant drop in the Varsity Level giving and a small bump to the Trophy level.

We might see a drop in overall LTAC membership.

I think the below would be a great solution to minimize the risk of losing members.

Cash Lot
    Softball Parking Lot
    Intramural Field near soccer

D Lot
    Rugby Field

C Lot
    existing lot taking over D Lot corner

B Lot
    existing lot with expansion into C

A Lot
    existing lot

Cash Lot Waiver Young $50
    Cash Lot Waiver Booster 100-249
    D Varsity 250-499
    C Trophy 500-999
    B Champion 1000-2499
    A Director 2500-4999
    A President 5000-9000
    Valet Golden 10000+
    I'm afraid you may be right. Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of people opt to pay the $10-20 and walk an extra hundred yards.

It'd be nice if they offered an option to park in a reserved lot on campus then ride one of those Six-Flags style trams to the stadium.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

I went up to the booster level last year for the first time, but I doubt I will be going up to keep my C lot pass due to insecurity in my industry also I still park in the D-lot anyway. I am still 3 years away from young alumni elgibility expiring so I guess it doesn't matter yet.

I think qng's idea definitely seems promising as a viable change to the current structure, but then again he likely wasn't asked for input before the changes were announced.

I see no real positives of this change.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It seems that parking passes were a problem due to over selling. Over selling had never really been a problem until this year at the NSU game. I think they really caught a lot of crap over it. So they are solving this rare problem and creating a greater problem. Is our AD the one calling these shots?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It seems that parking passes were a problem due to over selling. Over selling had never really been a problem until this year at the NSU game. I think they really caught a lot of crap over it. So they are solving this rare problem and creating a greater problem. Is our AD the one calling these shots?
    My dad likes to gripe about it. Parking, for Lot A anyway, has been an issue for a decade or better. It may have been better lately due to the fact that you don't see LG reserving 15 spaces for friends of the prez the way DR did. Those spots were never filled. Hhhmm, curious.

I guess we should be happy that parking across the board is an issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    My dad likes to gripe about it. Parking, for Lot A anyway, has been an issue for a decade or better. It may have been better lately due to the fact that you don't see LG reserving 15 spaces for friends of the prez the way recently inducted LaTech Sports HoF member DR did. Those spots were never filled. Hhhmm, curious.

I guess we should be happy that parking across the board is an issue now.
    Fixed it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks MD, an unintended oversight on my part. We need to be sure and give him credit where due, right?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Would have been nice to know this at the beginning of this year (July 1st 2014) so I could have upped my monthly payments... now I have 5 months to almost double my giving to retain my parking pass for next year.
    TMac talked about changes to LTAC as far back as September. No excuse that they weren't revealed by at least Homecoming.

Because the change in timetable is so extreme and is being finalized so late, LTAC pledges made by June 30 should be considered in addition to current year (July 1, 2014-June 30, 2015) actual contributions to determine LTAC 2015-2016 benefits. Otherwise what DFM mentioned will happen, and that could alienate those impacted for several years if not longer. And that is something Tech cannot afford right now.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rowdy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of people opt to pay the $10-20 and walk an extra hundred yards.
    I fit this category.

+ Reply to Thread