+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. WKU Shoots Past LA Tech, 82-66

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WKU W. Basketball. WKU Shoots Past LA Tech, 82-66

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The longtime rivalry will be renewed Thursday night when the Lady Techsters enter E.A. Diddle Arena for the 41st meeting between the two programs. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on Fox College Sports through the Hilltopper Sports Satellite Network.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Old Rivals Set to Square Off Thursday Night

Yes, WKU meets the requirements to be considered a rival, in both WBB and MBB. Great history between the schools in hoops.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, WKU meets the requirements to be considered a rival, in both WBB and MBB. Great history between the schools in hoops.
    I ALWAYS remember close games with them. The Techsters could be in the top 5 in the country and it would still be a close game, if WKU wasn't even in the top 25. Definitely a rivalry.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Have to wonder which team will show up ready to play, the road team that played against MTSU or the home team that played in the last two games
    *** hoping it's the latter!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Have to wonder which team will show up ready to play, the road team that played against MTSU or the home team that played in the last two games
    *** hoping it's the latter!
    Much tougher opponent than the last two and on the road. We can do it, but will have to play our A+++ game.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Much tougher opponent than the last two and on the road. We can do it, but will
    have to play our A+++ game.
    UTEP beat them by one in ElPaso
    Techsters beat UTEP in ElPaso, close but handidly!
    Got to have some hope for the up-set!

I just wish we were catching them after a win and not a loss. WKU has always got up for the Techsters and this gives them even more emotion. They are going to be tough and we have to match that intensity. I can smell upset, though!!!!!!!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Western Kentucky lost to UTSA by one. We beat UTEP and UTSA in Ruston. We haven't made the trip to UTEP and UTSA yet. That comes later in the season.

WKU beat UTEP by 6 at UTEP. UTSA is their only loss in conference. I think it compares to our men losing to North Texas this year in conference. They are going to be tough and tougher in their own house after a loss and with our history, anyway.

This would be a major upset. I still think MTSU is a little better than WKU, but they are both really good. I will be watching on tv and cheering us on! Not the end of the world, if we lose, but I would sure LOVE to win it!

The whole objective this year is just keep improving and giving an all out effort!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If this were at home, I'd feel a bit better, but WKU is very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Western Kentucky lost to UTSA by one. We beat UTEP and UTSA in Ruston. We haven't made the trip to UTEP and UTSA yet. That comes later in the season.
    Oop, that's right we had them both at home and won both games,UTep handidly and UTSA by just 5 or so!

I think the X factor is going to be Moten again. I know I keep repeating that, but my opinion is that we have good guards (although inconsistent) and forwards. Moten is progressing with every game. Give us that post threat (like in the last game) and it loosens things up tremendously. Moten was credited with her blocks and points, but it is her altering shots that has really come a long way. With DeMoss AND Barmore working with her, she is turning into the player I thought she could be. I hope she gains more muscle in the offseason, as well.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I ALWAYS remember close games with them. The Techsters could be in the top 5 in the country and it would still be a close game, if WKU wasn't even in the top 25. Definitely a rivalry.
    Anybody remember one TAC game with them that STARTED ABOUT 10 - 11 PM? Done for television. Tech promoted it as a madri gras event, lots of beads and colors and free food. A large and electric, racous crowd, probably 6 - 7 K, saw the Techsters win!! They did beat us once in Ruston in the conference tournament finals, maybe the only post season loss we've ever had in Ruston. I always liked playing them after we left for the WAC. Lots of respect for their program.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Anybody remember one TAC game with them that STARTED ABOUT 10 - 11 PM? Done for television. Tech promoted it as a madri gras event, lots of beads and colors and free food. A large and electric, racous crowd, probably 6 - 7 K, saw the Techsters win!! They did beat us once in Ruston in the conference tournament finals, maybe the only post season loss we've ever had in Ruston. I always liked playing them after we left for the WAC. Lots of respect for their program.
    I remember it very well. Those were the days of capacity crowds or close to it. It was loud and fun. They always had my respect, because no matter if they were having a good year or a down year, they could potentially (and were a couple of times) playing spoiler to us.

I think the X factor is going to be Moten again. I know I keep repeating that, but my opinion is that we have good guards (although inconsistent) and forwards. Moten is progressing with every game. Give us that post threat (like in the last game) and it loosens things up tremendously. Moten was credited with her blocks and points, but it is her altering shots that has really come a long way. With DeMoss AND Barmore working with her, she is turning into the player I thought she could be. I hope she gains more muscle in the offseason, as well.
    I have herd Malcolm say something to the effect that the post players had a switch and when it clicked that their game would diffently be elevated! After going 8 for 8 in the last game I am sure hoping that switch has been clicked!
    That has been the Techsters achillies heal for some time and if Molton can stay in the game and not foul out we should have a chance in this game tomorrow night!
    Go Techsters!

+ Reply to Thread