+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No JUCOs being recruited for 2015 Class?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

LaTech No JUCOs being recruited for 2015 Class?

Junior College players are not being recruited this year according to Rivals-- am I missing something here?? This to me is a sign that Coach Holtz feels comfortable with current roster and he is dedicated to recruiting for future!! Yeah, we do have 5 star transfer at qb but thats it as far as I know. He appears to have a couple of scholarships available after signing date ( think Bates )--personall really liking what he is doing this year ( yeah, it's all about me and my thoughts -- seems to irritate the 20,000 post guy)

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Am I missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Junior College players are not being recruited this year according to Rivals-- am I missing something here?? This to me is a sign that Coach Holtz feels comfortable with current roster and he is dedicated to recruiting for future!! Yeah, we do have 5 star transfer at qb but thats it as far as I know. He appears to have a couple of scholarships available after signing date ( think Bates )--personall really liking what he is doing this year ( yeah, it's all about me and my thoughts -- seems to irritate the 20,000 post guy)
    it is the sign that HCH is building the future here at Tech - most fans will like it but some won't since they don't trust HCH's coaching yet.

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

That's disappointing if true. I think a great recruiting tool, for both offense and defense, is the fact that Driskel is transferring to Tech. Maybe I'm being naive, but if I were a JC transfer, I would want to go to a school where there is evidence that we could succeed. And a 5 star recruit transferring to Tech from a P5 conference would seemingly a solid selling point to potential JUCOs.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    That's disappointing if true. I think a great recruiting tool, for both offense and defense, is the fact that Driskel is transferring to Tech. Maybe I'm being naive, but if I were a JC transfer, I would want to go to a school where there is evidence that we could succeed. And a 5 star recruit transferring to Tech from a P5 conference would seemingly a solid selling point to potential JUCOs.

I don't know if it's disappointing, but I agree with you about JC transfers...especially backs, receivers and tight ends.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No JUCOs being recruited for 2015 Class?

Now you guys are bitching because we don't have any JUCO transfers??? Years past, with other coaches, it was because we had JUCO transfers.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    it is the sign that HCH is building the future here at Tech - most fans will like it but some won't since they don't trust HCH's coaching yet.
    . Over 8 year period he was given 3 awards as best coach in Anmerica for different things-- have the information at office -- will post tomorrow. One was best assistant coach, . More important to me-- he was recognized as #1 in America for teaching Christian principles and ethical treatment of players-- will post tomorrow. Every fan base has anti-coach folks. Learned that from John Wooden-- it's about players and assistant coaches trusting, not fan base. Winner of national championship (Saban ) loved till he loses (Saban). Been a fan of Holtz from day one and not least surprised that he has detractors... Just way many folks are wired

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Now you guys are bitching because we don't have any JUCO transfers??? Years past, with other coaches, it was because we had JUCO transfers.
    . Not sure who that was aimed at, for record this post is not knocking JC guys-- Patton/white etc are heros to me. I was just wondering -- think ull -ulm signed combined total 8 and I am glad that's not us. I also like keeping few scholarships to get some "missed talent". My thought was Jucos are great way to fill immediate need and Coach seems comfortable that he's happy building for future with talent he has-- again, just my thoughts on recruiting
    Last edited by Dogsince65; 01-28-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    . Took a second to be sure you are not my son (sportsdawg)-- JC s transfer to programs that will need their talent when they can-- if you don't have much of a shot playing, why sign? Again, I like JC transfers-- just glad we are not in same need we were when Coach arrived

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I'm glad he's not recruiting lots of JUCOs, that said, if he found a Good JUCO punter or kicker I definitely wouldn't complain.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Also, since we are on the subject, if you get a chance check out how many JUCOs Monken has committed to USM right now. He's going all in on them.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Also, since we are on the subject, if you get a chance check out how many JUCOs Monken has committed to USM right now. He's going all in on them.
    Can't blame him. He needs to win some games ASAP if there's any hope for that program.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

It's the sign of a healthy program. And a coach that isn't looking to leave in a year. Dykes loaded up on JUCOs for a great two year run then bolted leaving the cupboard mostly bare. The past two years Holtz filled holes with transfers (Sokol, bates, Brunson, Griffin) and JUCOs (Pinson, Johnson, Bell, Gaston, Wixon). Obviously he didn't feel comfortable putting all his eggs in a RS FS at QB so he got us a transfer this year. JUCOs pad your recruiting. It's easier to get 3* JUCOs than it is 3* high school kids. And yet we have the #1 recruiting class in CUSA without any JUCOs. I wouldn't mind a JUCO K/P or DE to replace bates. But other than that I'm glad we don't have any JUCOs. Also a lot of times JUCOs go to JUCO because of grade issues and you may have noticed most of our academically ineligible guys were former JUCOs.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Sunshine jumper friendly fire! Take cover!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sunshine jumper friendly fire! Take cover!
    Lol

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

You use juncos to plug holes. I think smiss has more holes than that

+ Reply to Thread