+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mailman delivering

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

Mailman delivering

I was sitting a few rows behind Karl Malone tonight. A couple times he got the players attention while the players were on the bench. Couldn't tell what he said the 1st time, but near the end of the game he was attempting to let Speedy know he only needed 2 more rebounds to get a triple double.

So glad he seems to be taking a roll in this team. Short term I would like to think he can help our bigs improve this year. Long term, I'd like to see him help with recruiting or whatever Karl WANTS to do. Anything is better than nothing. I hope Coach White continues to invite Karl for assistance.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Mailman delivering

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    I was sitting a few rows behind Karl Malone tonight. A couple times he got the players attention while the players were on the bench. Couldn't tell what he said the 1st time, but near the end of the game he was attempting to let Speedy know he only needed 2 more rebounds to get a triple double.

So glad he seems to be taking a roll in this team. Short term I would like to think he can help our bigs improve this year. Long term, I'd like to see him help with recruiting or whatever Karl WANTS to do. Anything is better than nothing. I hope Coach White continues to invite Karl for assistance.
    It is very nice to see him in the fold again!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Sure made my nephew's night last night. Gave him his hat after the game! He was visiting and take pictures during the kids clinic after the game.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

He was shaking hands with many of the players after the game and I heard him say,"Real proud of you son." (Or similar to most).

He is still a great ambassador for us and he is proud of where he came from, no matter how rocky the road may have been in recent years.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I picked up the telecast midway through the 2nd half when they showed Mr. And Mrs. Mailman in their seats with a few seconds to play. The TV guys mentioned his presence at that point. After interviews it showed a short of him talking and congratulating Speedy on a good game. Happy to see him be back in the fold. He was missed in his absence.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Is it a good thing for him to be talking to (and distracting) players and the coach during the game? I suppose since it is Karl, all is fine...

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Is it a good thing for him to be talking to (and distracting) players and the coach during the game? I suppose since it is Karl, all is fine...
    Some people could win a million dollars and the first thing they would say is a complaint about the taxes. The game was well out of reach when they were "conversing". The bigger picture is Karl is now back in Tech basketball's corner. You gotta see the forest through the trees.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You must be right in front of me at the games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Some people could win a million dollars and the first thing they would say is a complaint about the taxes. The game was well out of reach when they were "conversing". The bigger picture is Karl is now back in Tech basketball's corner. You gotta see the forest through the trees.
    It was a question, not a complaint.

...but since you brought it up the last game was not out of reach when Malone decided to walk by our bench and drew attention by slapping our coach on the butt. I guess we should all just be glad he is "in Tech basketball's corner" until he gets mad and takes his ball home again. He has publicly dissed Tech at least 2 times in the last 3 years. Sorry, but I'm a Tech fan, not a Malone fan.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

BTB would never complain about it, MD!

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

...but since you brought it up the last game was not out of reach when Malone decided to walk by our bench and drew attention by slapping our coach on the butt. I guess we should all just be glad he is "in Tech basketball's corner" until he gets mad and takes his ball home again. He has publicly dissed Tech at least 2 times in the last 3 years. Sorry, but I'm a Tech fan, not a Malone fan.
    There's the good #techfamily

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Karl headed over to share a hug and a few words with Coach White immediately after the game. That spoke volumes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Karl headed over to share a hug and a few words with Coach White immediately after the game. That spoke volumes to me.
    I know Mr. Malone hasn't always been the most ardent Tech supporter. But IMO, this is the greatest basketball coaching staff Tech has ever had. I believe we are only 1 or 2 steps away from being a perineal top mid-major team the likes of VCU, Butler, or Witchita St. If Karl Malone could help bridge the gap with recruiting help or improving our bigs, I think the majority of Tech fans would be willing to leave the past in the past. Karl recently said all Tech had to do was ask for his help and he'd be there. It looks like Coach White is taking him up on the offer.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

I asked Coach White about that, he said at first he though it was one of his players and he got upset but quickly saw it was someone that didnt look like his players body and was ok when he saw it was the Mailman.

I know Mr. Malone hasn't always been the most ardent Tech supporter. But IMO, this is the greatest basketball coaching staff Tech has ever had. I believe we are only 1 or 2 steps away from being a perineal top mid-major team the likes of VCU, Butler, or Witchita St. If Karl Malone could help bridge the gap with recruiting help or improving our bigs, I think the majority of Tech fans would be willing to leave the past in the past. Karl recently said all Tech had to do was ask for his help and he'd be there. It looks like Coach White is taking him up on the offer.
    The last time he was allowed to get too close to the program it was a disaster. Then he got mad when we fixed it.

+ Reply to Thread