+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechwBB Falls to MT

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Mtsu W. Basketball. @LATechwBB Falls to MT

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

For the second time this season, Louisiana Tech will face the defending Conference USA champion Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders.And for the second time this season, Tyler Summitt and the Lady Techsters will have to do it following a Blue Raiders loss.

More...

Discuss it here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday

All fans are encouraged to wear Techster Blue for the special event known as a Home Game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    All fans are encouraged to wear Techster Blue for the special event known as a Home Game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Credit to BruisedOrange for coming up with that, btw.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Credit to BruisedOrange for coming up with that, btw.
    Yep!

Maybe we should just have a rainbow night, so everyone can wear the free shirts they have been given all year.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yep!

Maybe we should just have a rainbow night, so everyone can wear the free shirts they have been given all year.
    I'm visualizing the arena per your suggestion Champ...
    and concluding that it would be a good way to have Autism Awareness Night on-the-cheap.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

All fans are encouraged to wear Techster Blue for the special event known as aHome Game.
    Now that's funny (but a little sad that it has to be said though). Clever!!

We are in 5th place now along with UAB and Marshall. One game out from ODU and Southern Miss and two games out from MTSU and WKU. This is going to be a tough one. It would be a big upset and we AGAIN catch a good team right after they lose, but it would be a HUGE boost to pull this one off. We are coming off a loss too, so let's hope that lights a fire under us from the beginning to the end of the game!

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We are in 5th place now along with UAB and Marshall. One game out from ODU and Southern Miss and two games out from MTSU and WKU.
    Champion, do you know how many teams can earn a first-round bye in the conference tournament? I confess, at this point I'm only asking out of curiosity, not expectation.

When I try to be realistic, I think of all the times I've heard teams say, "Suddenly it all clicked," or "Everything just came together." If this team is able to get it together before becoming a post-season one-and-done, it certainly seems it will have to occur that way. Statistically, we're doing a lot of things well. Better than our opponents. Well enough to win games, if we were making more shots.

Gotta believe our low shooting percentage is a reflection of concentration. Not lack of concentration, but more like dispersed concentration. I wonder if they're like golfers with too many swing-thoughts: "Ball back in my stance...weight slightly on the heels...butt down/back straight...don't cock too early...slow, smooth and easy...rotate...don't cast the wrist...clear the hips... AAARGH! Forgot where I wanted the ball to go!"

This team's ability to do 2 out of 3 things well at any time in a game makes me wonder if too many coaching points just have not become second nature yet. Maybe they're still thinking, processing, reminding themselves, "Coach said we gotta crash the boards this half...are we pressing if it goes in?...who's dropping back on D?...am I back?...we're zone-trapping half court if they walk it down...is it full or three-quarter court after a substitution?...AAARGH--missed the shot!"

Charting our "progress" so far this season, we're definitely not proceeding on a classic, upward learning curve.
    Yeah, where's that darn Mann/IPCC Hockey Stick graph when we really need it?
    'Cause our shooting looks like the middle of the Maunder Minimum! (a little climatological lingo to keep it current--trying to update my similies)

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Champion, do you know how many teams can earn a first-round bye in the conference tournament? I confess, at this point I'm only asking out of curiosity, not expectation.

When I try to be realistic, I think of all the times I've heard teams say, "Suddenly it all clicked," or "Everything just came together." If this team is able to get it together before becoming a post-season one-and-done, it certainly seems it will have to occur that way. Statistically, we're doing a lot of things well. Better than our opponents. Well enough to win games, if we were making more shots.

Gotta believe our low shooting percentage is a reflection of concentration. Not lack of concentration, but more like dispersed concentration. I wonder if they're like golfers with too many swing-thoughts: "Ball back in my stance...weight slightly on the heels...butt down/back straight...don't cock too early...slow, smooth and easy...rotate...don't cast the wrist...clear the hips... AAARGH! Forgot where I wanted the ball to go!"

This team's ability to do 2 out of 3 things well at any time in a game makes me wonder if too many coaching points just have not become second nature yet. Maybe they're still thinking, processing, reminding themselves, "Coach said we gotta crash the boards this half...are we pressing if it goes in?...who's dropping back on D?...am I back?...we're zone-trapping half court if they walk it down...is it full or three-quarter court after a substitution?...AAARGH--missed the shot!"

Charting our "progress" so far this season, we're definitely not proceeding on a classic, upward learning curve.
    Yeah, where's that darn Mann/IPCC Hockey Stick graph when we really need it?
    'Cause our shooting looks like the middle of the Maunder Minimum! (a little climatological lingo to keep it current--trying to update my similies)

I believe (and not sure on this) that the top 4 seeds get a first round bye. We need to move up a spot or two to get that. Our problem last year is that we pretty much caught fire in the tournament, but had to play so many games in too few days - our opponents had a huge advantage by the semi's.

Our shooting woes Thursday night were very uncharacteristic in the TAC. It seemed to be one of those just REALLY off nights and that game was important to sweep UAB and be ahead of them in the standings. Now, we have a harder road.

I do see improvement, but it isn't a trend straight up line. It is VERY jagged. I could find a picture of a stock market graph somewhere that would probably express my image of this.

You are right on a lot of your above post - simply put, they are thinking too much at times. That can throw you off. I think they were doing that more at the beginning of the year while trying to learn the system. Tyler then sped up the play and, now, they are thinking while moving faster. Tough job under a new system. At the point that the plays become automatic and they can do it quickly in a fast paced game, we will arrive at where we need to be.

There is no absence of effort, though. I think everyone can agree with that and that is a huge difference from last year (except during our final run in the tournament, where it looked like we were finally giving it our all, but didn't have a true system to go with it).

This looks like our chart this year and we are at about 1920 at the UAB game. Let's hope we get to 1980 for that CUSA tournament.

It's Saturday night, ladies--party like it's 1930!

Graphically speaking, is 2000 the date of the conference championship, NIT championship game, or Final Four?
    (Uh oh--I wrote "Final Four" without copyright permission from CBS. Ummm, this is BlindDog, signing off!)

Sorry, BlindDog... I panicked.

Graphically speaking, is 2000 the date of the conference championship, NIT championship game, or Final Four?
    (Uh oh--I wrote "Final Four" without copyright permission from CBS. Ummm, this is BlindDog, signing off!)

I think the most we can hope for is the Conference tournament for 2000 this year.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

I guess you would have to be sighted to get that 1....
    Your analysis of the Techsters are truly comical, you should just state the truth and say we still suck!
    And use, one of our favorite lines, There's always next year!
    Go Techsters!

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I guess you would have to be sighted to get that 1....
    Your analysis of the Techsters are truly comical, you should just state the truth and say we still suck!
    And use, one of our favorite lines, There's always next year!
    Go Techsters!
    Except we don't still suck. This year is still light years ahead of where we were last year. We may be inconsistent and still learning, but we are a much improved team and will just continue to get better over the next few years.

+ Reply to Thread