+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Baseball Roster

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: 2015 Baseball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We knew it was coming, but we needed help. 19 Jucos, I think? Baton Rouge CC seems to have a connection.
    Let's hope they need one more JUCO next year.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Re: The Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Telling guys they were "redshirting" was how Sim told guys they were cut without telling them they were cut.
    I certainly agree with that. It is totally ridiculous, but for the player himself he doesnt lose a year of eligibility is what I'm trying to say. That being said, I think this team is gonna sneak up on some teams. Keys for me are Maton returning to form, and Love, Johnson, and Kimbell having big years with the bat. The JUCO arms will help out on the mound tremendously from what I've heard. Another guy to look out for at 3B is Mason Paxton. I hear he is a really solid ball player.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: 2015 Baseball Roster

I look for Jordan Taylor to have a big year stealing bases like he did at juco, dude has wheels and is a solid ball player. It sounds like Coach Goff gives the players the green light to steal. Looking forward to this weekend watching all 3 games.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    It is totally ridiculous, but for the player himself he doesnt lose a year of eligibility is what I'm trying to say.
    Not technically, but if a guy came from a Juco after being recruited he was told he would have a spot the following year. Then when the redshirt BS is throw in his face, he is looking at graduating before his eligibility is up. That's a really bad situation created by the coach.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not technically, but if a guy came from a Juco after being recruited he was told he would have a spot the following year. Then when the redshirt BS is throw in his face, he is looking at graduating before his eligibility is up. That's a really bad situation created by the coach.
    For JUCO guys its totally different. I would be pissed if I came from a JUCO being told I had a spot then having to redshirt off the field. That's just dirty and low for a coach to do. If the JUCO is a walk on and not guaranteed a spot, then I think the coach has every right to cut him. Sometimes college sports are pretty cut throat, and it may seem harsh to a kid, but at the end of the day the coach is paid to win, not keep people happy. I think thats one thing Goff understands, Sim didnt understand that so much.

+ Reply to Thread