+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just in case you missed this...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: Just in case you missed this...

Based soley on speculation of course. Terry would have still started as an upper classman at Tech and had same chance to play in NFL. If there were no speculation there would be no news in most cases.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The most I got out of that is Phil saying "this is the first time I have been back".

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The most I got out of that is Phil saying "this is the first time I have been back".
    And that's all you need to hear.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Robertson's years at Tech:

1964-Did not play
    1965-Played very little behind Billy Laird
    1966-Shared playing time with Bradshaw. Team went 1-9 and averaged 8.3 points/game. Robertson was 90/205 for 1,011 yds, 4 TDs, 18 int.
    1967-Shared playing time with Bradshaw. Team went 3-7 and averaged 15.6 points/game. No stats for Robinson in the media guide because Bradshaw was the leading passer with 981 yds.

1968- Quit the team and took up duck hunting full time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeppers. I know of TWO former BOP members who live in West Monroe and they have been to exactly ONE game since their graduation in the mid-90's. And that was for a HC game with some special BOP gathering.

But...a former player, who lives so close. I would expect him to have attended a game or two...at least...every year. Although, it appears he wasn't all that interested in football even when he was playing it...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post

He was married with 1 kid. He took up commercial fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

But...a former player, who lives so close. I would expect him to have attended a game or two...at least...every year. Although, it appears he wasn't all that interested in football even when he was playing it...
    I know several former players living close who never come back. Some live in Lincoln Parish and go to lsu crap instead. Robertson spends his free time in church or church related activities.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Phil Robertson's years at Tech:

1964-Did not play
    1965-Played very little behind Billy Laird
    1966-Shared playing time with Bradshaw. Team went 1-9 and averaged 8.3 points/game. Robertson was 90/205 for 1,011 yds, 4 TDs, 18 int.
    1967-Shared playing time with Bradshaw. Team went 3-7 and averaged 15.6 points/game. No stats for Robinson in the media guide because Bradshaw was the leading passer with 981 yds.

Yep....when you and I were both at Tech, until Bradshaw took over at QB, football sucked. Bradshaw was easily the better QB. Sorry, but that is just the reality of it all. Robertson had to grow up to become the man he is today. He was not either "father of the year" or "husband of the year" during his '20's and later. Bradshaw played all of 1968 and even if Robertson had not quit, he would have been second team.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I was also there for his three playing years. He had his one good game against Lamar in 1967 when they were a small college powerhouse. We also beat Arkansas State that year and they were hot shots, too, but that was by the field goal kicker. I believe the score in that game was 6-3. My personal feeling at the time was that he saw the handwriting on the wall and didn't want to bother if he wasn't going to play.

Looks like he did graduate in 1969 according to my Alumni Directory. He appears to not be one of the rah rah guys. If he supported LSU he might be faulted. Otherwise he's just up there with all the other "meh" graduates.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I was also there for his three playing years. He had his one good game against Lamar in 1967 when they were a small college powerhouse. We also beat Arkansas State that year and they were hot shots, too, but that was by the field goal kicker. I believe the score in that game was 6-3. My personal feeling at the time was that he saw the handwriting on the wall and didn't want to bother if he wasn't going to play.

Looks like he did graduate in 1969 according to my Alumni Directory. He appears to not be one of the rah rah guys. If he supported LSU he might be faulted. Otherwise he's just up there with all the other "meh" graduates.
    He received his Masters as well.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

I was there when they both played. Phil wasn't going to play even if Terry had been average. Once Terry got some training, he eclipsed Phil. Phil just wasn't good.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I lived next to Phil's brother, Tommy, in Vetville for a year, and Phil would come in with ice chests full of bass, and none of them were small. So he wasn't just a duck hunter, he was an excellent fisherman as well.

Just my opinion, but I think Phil had the physical tools to be a great qb, but he had too many outside interests to put in the work required to become a great college qb. Terry on the other hand loved the game.

I remember one time, before they built the new stadium, I was playing a pickup football game in the old stadium, when Bradshaw showed up, and started playing with us. That's how much he loved the game.

FYI, he threw me one pass while I was all alone in the end zone, and it went between my hands and my head (what an athlete). Needless to say he didn't throw another one my way.

+ Reply to Thread