+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBM To Bring 400 Jobs to Monroe

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: IBM To Bring 400 Jobs to Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
    There are only 20 employees in Monroe who are going to IBM. Jindal plainly said in the announcement at CenturyLink that IBM would be bringing in an additional 400 new jobs.
    Because we all know politicians, especially Jindal, never lie.

Varsity Bulldog TDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the rough TDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Because we all know politicians, especially Jindal, never lie.
    Since I work at CenturyLink, I know the 20 number to be correct. The 400 number was also stated by Glen Post at the announcement.
    TDAWG

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
    Since I work at CenturyLink, I know the 20 number to be correct. The 400 number was also stated by Glen Post at the announcement.
    Yeppers. Very good news for our area, imho. I would love to see some additional technological businesses come in as a result of this, which I predict there will be. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we also hear at the announcement that Glen Post was "talking to" other techie firms also (to come to north Louisiana)?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

ULM will also benefit from a future revenue stream from the facility, of which the state will eventually turn over half ownership to the ULM Foundation. The state is providing $12 million toward construction of the facility, of which IBM will occupy about half. It is also providing IBM $7.7 million for relocation, training and operating expenses.
    Did you guys catch this part of the story? I wonder if any additional revenue streams are planned for LA Tech?

I think these new jobs are fantastic news for the Monroe area and all of northeast Louisiana. That said, I'm wondering if either IBM or CenturyLink have any future plans for additional expansion in Ruston?

+ Reply to Thread