+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul Millsap Recruiting

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Paul Millsap Recruiting

Short and sweet:

As someone who is paid to create recruiting graphics all day, everyday, for Alabama, I'm extremely surprised that I was unable to find any graphics created on any social media outlet promoting Paul Millsap being an All Star. At most, maybe a tweet mentioning it. This was a huge opportunity missed to appeal to future basketball prospects. Maybe next time...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Paul Millsap Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    Short and sweet:

As someone who is paid to create recruiting graphics all day, everyday, for Alabama, I'm extremely surprised that I was unable to find any graphics created on any social media outlet promoting Paul Millsap being an All Star. At most, maybe a tweet mentioning it. This was a huge opportunity missed to appeal to future basketball prospects. Maybe next time...
    I saw it on the athletics FB page a while back. Nothing in the last week.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I saw it on the athletics FB page a while back. Nothing in the last week.
    Exactly. Nothing during 'All Star Weekend'. The exact time it should be done.

Bulldog shrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the rough

You get what you pay for mlj006. Tech was unwilling to pay for the great quality you offer and is now stuck with people who are learning on the job and barely treading water--all of which have no clue about LATech history. If good, effective marketing was a priority, there would be several current job postings.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedawg View Post
    You get what you pay for mlj006. Tech was unwilling to pay for the great quality you offer and is now stuck with people who are learning on the job and barely treading water--all of which have no clue about LATech history. If good, effective marketing was a priority, there would be several current job postings.
    Very well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedawg View Post
    Well that's not really what I was meaning. I just think that it would be an easy promotion that could've gone on for Friday - Sunday during the weekend, not just when he was voted to the AS team. They use graphic templates for score updates, 'This is Bulldog Country' graphics, infographics for the games, etc. They've invested a good bit of time in also promoting the new NASCAR. Which is fine and a cool thing, but the NASCAR isn't going to land a single basketball recruit. Even posting photos of the events with a caption could be a way to start.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Short and sweet:

Short and sweet:.

As someone who has volunteered to shoot Tech athletics for 38 years (which I think is before you were born), I sincerely enjoyed my assignment in late December of shooting a game gallery of Paul vs. the Mavs in American Airlines Arena at Dallas. Right there under the goal on the hardwood touched by Paul's tenny pumps. Shot maybe 450 frames of Paul. Warm ups, pregame introductions, tipoff, game action, bench action, and a postgame visit with the Tech fanatics in attendance.

These images (which are essentially legal property of the NBA, by the way) have been used in Tech social media, including Twitter and Facebook, TAC video board and even this BB&B venue announcing Paul's selection as an NBA All-Star.

I've even been told they're gonna enlarge one of my images and do a mural at the TAC. I mean they were even in focus, by gosh, so all the young men recruits can see Paul when they visit the facilities.

Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work for Alabama. Don't be such a stranger.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

As someone who has volunteered to shoot Tech athletics for 38 years (which I think is before you were born), I sincerely enjoyed my assignment in late December of shooting a game gallery of Paul vs. the Mavs in American Airlines Arena at Dallas. Right there under the goal on the hardwood touched by Paul's tenny pumps. Shot maybe 450 frames of Paul. Warm ups, pregame introductions, tipoff, game action, bench action, and a postgame visit with the Tech fanatics in attendance.

These images (which are essentially legal property of the NBA, by the way) have been used in Tech social media, including Twitter and Facebook, TAC video board and even this BB&B venue announcing Paul's selection as an NBA All-Star.

I've even been told they're gonna enlarge one of my images and do a mural at the TAC. I mean they were even in focus, by gosh, so all the young men recruits can see Paul when they visit the facilities.

Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work for Alabama. Don't be such a stranger.
    I still have two of your signed 2006 pics of Paul hanging proudly in my office.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    I still have two of your signed 2006 pics of Paul hanging proudly in my office.
    Yes. . . that's my head swelling!

Thank you.

Cool. And I'm sure they are great! But that doesn't address the All-Star weekend social presence...or lack thereof.

Cool. And I'm sure they are great! But that doesn't address the All-Star weekend social presence...or lack thereof.
    Yeah. I agree. Tech might have missed an opportunity. You can't have enough social media these days.

What did UA do with their NBA alums?

Yeah. I agree. Tech might have missed an opportunity. You can't have enough social media these days.

What did UA do with their NBA alums?
    I feel like this might, or might not be, a sarcastic jab. We didn't have any in the All-Star game. But if we did, we would've flooded recruiting snail mail and social, plus RT's of the NBA. It's just too big of a thing, for a program on the rise to pass up on. I know I may come off super critical at times, but I just want Tech to rise. Sometimes you just can't tiptoe around things.

I feel like this might, or might not be, a sarcastic jab. We didn't have any in the All-Star game. But if we did, we would've flooded recruiting snail mail and social, plus RT's of the NBA. It's just too big of a thing, for a program on the rise to pass up on. I know I may come off super critical at times, but I just want Tech to rise. Sometimes you just can't tiptoe around things.
    No jab. I respect you too much for that. Just curious.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

And that is exactly why you are posting on BBB

+ Reply to Thread