+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTEP Recruiting Puzzle

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

UTEP Recruiting Puzzle

I admit right up front that I do not understand all there is to know about recruiting. But, I look at Tech's and other university's recruiting results on Rivals and understand when they committed and who else recruited them And then I look at UTEP and I see them with approximately 15-17 recruits who committed between 2/4-2/5/2015,the last days before the NLI date, AND who seemingly had NO, I mean NO OTHER offers (at least according to Rivals). What am I missing?! Did UTEP really have a horrible recruiting year? Someone please help me understand! How is it they signed these 15-17 guys who seemingly had no other offers from ANY other colleges or universities.

Puppy JPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really nice JPetrus's Avatar

Re: UTEP Recruiting Puzzle

Wow, I just took a look at this. Not even one 3 star recruit signed with them his past Signing Day. Must not have a very good coaching/recruiting staff....?

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

I hope UTEP continues to do this kind of recruiting!! Beating them every year as well as the others in C-USA is what we want!!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

UTEP has never had much success in football. They've had only 4 winning seasons in the last 20 years. They're also a long way from any good HS football. I passed by El Paso in 2011 on the way back from San Diego. I didn't see anything that would make me want to stop unless I needed gas.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Jack Bicknell called that 'stealth recruiting.'

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

UTEP is a basketball school
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    UTEP is a basketball school
    This. Also, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't there a thread or part of a thread on the CUSA board discussing this? Seems like I remember the answer was that UTEP/Kugler do this every year due to geographic isolation.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    This. Also, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't there a thread or part of a thread on the CUSA board discussing this? Seems like I remember the answer was that UTEP/Kugler do this every year due to geographic isolation.
    No talent in that area - that is why New Mexico State and the UNM are so awful also

They have to recruit elsewhere and backfill ALL their classes and have been since the 1970's
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    They are certainly at a recruiting disadvantage. But probably some of the recruits they do get are undervalued because they aren't in a place to get scouted very well. I don't think they're much worse off this year than in previous years, and they managed to be ok last season. It'll be hard for them to sustain winning seasons (as Don pointed out) but home field will help them make up some of whatever gap there is between them and other CUSA teams.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    No talent in that area - that is why New Mexico State and the UNM are so awful also

They have to recruit elsewhere and backfill ALL their classes and have been since the 1970's
    Wasn't there a post on another thread about an excellent QB from Albuquerque area that no one was recruiting?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He ended up at Texas I think.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Wasn't there a post on another thread about an excellent QB from Albuquerque area that no one was recruiting?
    From KRQE News - Albuquerque:

Easton Bruere is hoping the junior college route can get him to division one football. The Rio Rancho state champion quarterback has decided to play at Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kansas. Bruere received mostly division two offers and not one solid division one, despite throwing for over 4,000 yards and 49 touchdowns.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    From KRQE News - Albuquerque:

Easton Bruere is hoping the junior college route can get him to division one football. The Rio Rancho state champion quarterback has decided to play at Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kansas. Bruere received mostly division two offers and not one solid division one, despite throwing for over 4,000 yards and 49 touchdowns.
    Odds on him being our QB in 2017-18?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

If Easton does well at Butler, he'll be starting at a D-I school within the next two years. Butler is one of the top JUCO programs in the country and puts its guys in the big leagues.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBULLDOG View Post
    I hope UTEP continues to do this kind of recruiting!! Beating them every year as well as the others in C-USA is what we want!!
    It's gotta be hell to recruit 18-yr old kids to El Paso.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 02-20-2015 at 06:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread