+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. Last Second Shot Sinks @LATechWBB on Senior Day

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Last Second Shot Sinks @LATechWBB on Senior Day

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Annika Holopainen wasn't a name circled on Louisiana Tech's scouting report entering Sunday afternoon's Conference USA match-up against Old Dominion.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Last Second Shot Sinks @LATechWBB on Senior Day

We are quickly becoming ODU's whipping boy. They beat us in everything. I swear they could beat us in badmitton and bowling if they wanted to.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Been thinking about this, trying to be objective. And I'm not trying to take the high road.

Give ODU's coach credit if that final play was drawn up to go to "the big Finnish." It's one thing for a player to get on a hot shooting streak. But if the hot player has played as little as Holopainen-ourpatooty, then she had no experience shooting under pressure. Consider the difference between making a putt to win the local muni tournament, and sinking the same putt to win the U.S. Open. Pressure changes everything, including muscle function. There's no shame, no cop-out, in us admitting that was one heck of a shot and one heck of a game by a season long bench warmer. If she had played that game in a Notre Dame uniform, 8 years from now they'd make a movie called "Annika."

I still expect to read eventually that what ODU coach Barefoot drew up was looking for Simms first. No matter how hot Holopainen had been all afternoon, she was still a huge gamble to make that shot under those circumstances. But if the coach called it, give her her due.

We made a(nother) great comeback. If we'd made one more foul shot, hit the front end of a one-and-one in the last 3 minutes... grabbed one more defensive rebound... it wouldn't have mattered what calls the refs missed, or whose last chance three didn't. Little things add up--especially in the L column.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So, am I the only guy that see's the irony in LA Tech losing to ODU today on a 3-point shot ALMOST at the buzzer?

Remember, today we were honoring the 1993-94 national runner-up Lady Techster team that lost the national championship game on a 3-point shot at the buzzer.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, am I the only guy that see's the irony in LA Tech losing to ODU today on a 3-point shot ALMOST at the buzzer?

Remember, today we were honoring the 1993-94 national runner-up Lady Techster team that lost the national championship game on a 3-point shot at the buzzer.
    Right after the game, it didn't hit me. I was watching tv (trying to get over that game) later that evening and put it on pause and stated the same thing when it hit me. VERY ironic.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    On the local news last night (KNOE, I think) they showed a split screen with both final shots. It was eerily similar. I looked for it online to post here, but they deemed it more important to post the clip talking about KM coming back than the segment on the game.

+ Reply to Thread