+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For your off-season viewing: Dixon Jr. Highlight tape

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: For your off-season viewing: Dixon Jr. Highlight tape

I think Skip will let him get the record. If he stays healthy, he'll break the record.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I love Kenneth Dixon. But I want to make sure we turn the 2015 season into another WINNING season for LA Tech, not just a side show for Dixon. If LA Tech finishes 10-2, with a BCS bowl invite, I honestly won't care if Dixon has only 10 TD's for the entire season. It's not about him. It's about the team!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I agree. I think Dixon loses some rushing TDs to Driskel and the other backs.
    I think Driskel will really put some teeth into the read option. I don't know how well he can pass, but he can run like a gazelle. This can only help Dixon.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Less than 5 weeks and we get to see more of this guy. Sorry, it was about to go to page 4.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I hope this motivates him. He is considered the 10th best back in the G5. Plus they have him at 5'1" which means he shrunk 10"s.

http://saturdayblitz.com/2015/04/22/...ball-season/2/
    I know a lot of people are enamored with Devon Johnson from Marshall. They see the stats, the highlights of a big guy sprinting down the field, and the long runs.

But when I watch the highlights, I see great blocking by the o-line and huge holes. It's like the highlights are really of the offensive lineman, not the running back. What it seems that Johnson does well is hit the hole, getting to full speed in 3 steps, and overall speed to size ratio.

What do you think?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I know a lot of people are enamored with Devon Johnson from Marshall. They see the stats, the highlights of a big guy sprinting down the field, and the long runs.

But when I watch the highlights, I see great blocking by the o-line and huge holes. It's like the highlights are really of the offensive lineman, not the running back. What it seems that Johnson does well is hit the hole, getting to full speed in 3 steps, and overall speed to size ratio.

What do you think?
    Because he was injured, Devon Johnson only played in a handful of plays during LA Tech's CUSA championship game last December against Marshall. All I know is, our guys couldn't tackle him for all the tea in China. Johnson was absolutely one of the most difficult RB's I've ever seen a LA Tech defense try to bring down. He was big, strong and MEAN! It was almost comical watching our defense try to bring him down. Johnson was like a grown man playing against little boys.

I'm not sure he can run that hard for an entire game. But if he can, I'll go on record saying we were lucky he didn't play the whole game.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Johnson had 4 carries for 34 yards (one of those was a 17 yard run) and no scores vs Tech. Not bad. Meanwhile Kenneth Dixon had 20 carries for 156 yards and 3 TDs.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Johnson had 4 carries for 34 yards (one of those was a 17 yard run) and no scores vs Tech. Not bad. Meanwhile Kenneth Dixon had 20 carries for 156 yards and 3 TDs.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't he injured?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't he injured?
    Yes. We would have lost if he had been healthy.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes. We would have lost if he had been healthy.
    Can't argue with that.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Because he was injured, Devon Johnson only played in a handful of plays during LA Tech's CUSA championship game last December against Marshall. All I know is, our guys couldn't tackle him for all the tea in China. Johnson was absolutely one of the most difficult RB's I've ever seen a LA Tech defense try to bring down. He was big, strong and MEAN! It was almost comical watching our defense try to bring him down. Johnson was like a grown man playing against little boys.

I'm not sure he can run that hard for an entire game. But if he can, I'll go on record saying we were lucky he didn't play the whole game.
    I agree completely that we would have lost if he was healthy and played the whole game. And I am certainly not saying he is purely a product of a great offensive line. I just look at some of the other RB's and think they are more of a complete package -- like our own Kenneth Dixon. It would seem that if you could get the holes filled (or prevent them from opening in the first place) and make Johnson have to find somewhere else to run, his effectiveness would be really cut down.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Yeah, with our handful of academic-deficient players out, and Johnson out, it was a boring game.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread