+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Photos

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Snow Photos

Anybody got any photo's of Tech's campus under a blanket of snow today?

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Re: Snow Photos

There were some great Joe snow pics on LA Tech Athletics fb page. I can't figure out how to post the pics on mobile.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I left work and drove through north on TECH Drive by the practice field. There must have been a 1000 students out there and around having a blast! Reminded me back in the day...

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

We used to sled down from the side of the old swimming pool.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I remember it snowing in 96 when I was a student there. We threw snowballs at people in their dorm room in Hutchison. And each other.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    We used to sled down from the side of the old swimming pool.
    Some did that, too.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

The snow of 1970. Yes sliding down the embankment for the old pool using Wilson cafeteria trays. Chilling the beer or wine you had hidden in ceiling. That didn't turn out so well. Football team pushing cars and trucks up the hill to Wilson. The pushing went well until a bakery truck drove up. I guess the players got hungry, stopped pushing half way up, then opened the back of the truck and started handing out the baked goods.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

1967! There was about 5 or 6 inches of snow. I was in Jenkins and our side had a huge snowball fight against the two dorms across the parking lot. I guess Hutchinson split sides. Afterwards we all marched over to the girls dorms for a fau panty raid. Next day the Times called it war protest. Very funny.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Winter quarter 1987. Class cancelled for a whole week. Those were the best of times. Those were the worst of times.

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    1967! There was about 5 or 6 inches of snow. I was in Jenkins and our side had a huge snowball fight against the two dorms across the parking lot. I guess Hutchinson split sides. Afterwards we all marched over to the girls dorms for a fau panty raid. Next day the Times called it war protest. Very funny.
    I remember that! I was in Mitchell, and that was one heck of a snowball fight. The next time I talked to my mom, she wanted to know if I was involved in "the protest march". I still smile when I think of it.

Varsity Bulldog dawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nice dawg419's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    The snow of 1970. Yes sliding down the embankment for the old pool using Wilson cafeteria trays. Chilling the beer or wine you had hidden in ceiling. That didn't turn out so well. Football team pushing cars and trucks up the hill to Wilson. The pushing went well until a bakery truck drove up. I guess the players got hungry, stopped pushing half way up, then opened the back of the truck and started handing out the baked goods.
    I don't think it was the snow of 1970, but a couple of years later when there was a big ice storm that students waited in ambush on Tech Drive by the pool and Wilson. As cars struggled up the hill and got about half way up, the students would run out, slide the car around 180 degrees, and send them back down the hill. Great fun if you weren't in the car!

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    So that would explain why all the food trays were put away one year when it snowed while I was there from 90-95.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Winter quarter 1987. Class cancelled for a whole week. Those were the best of times. Those were the worst of times.
    Yep! Good memories of that snow and cold spell...not too many bad except for the person breaking their neck sliding into the utility pole coming off the TAC hill.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I was there in 1967 in Mitchell if it was 66-67 or Caruthers if it was 67-68. I don't remember real snow,but I do remember and ice storm which made the sidewalks un-walkable. I also remember a hail storm the spring I was in Caruthers. The hail on those metal louvres was horrendous. Woke us up about 6:00 in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread