+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor on the schedule

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baylor on the schedule

This will be a great game for a Duck Commander/Camo promotion.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This will be a great game for a Duck Commander/Camo promotion.
    Ugh...

I guess we can invite Phil for his second visit to campus since the 1960s or whatever.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    We put these games off way into the future and they rarely seem to come to fruition. Allowing Miss State to buy it out defeats the purpose.
    Most of us knew the BYU series would never happen. BYU needed us and Dykes said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What happened to the BYU game? The last LaTechSports announced was that the BYU home-and-home was postponed to later dates TBD. Nothing since.
    That was BVDV talking for LaTechSports.

McClelland's first scheduling move was to push back the 2014 return game to UNLV to the 2020 season.

McClelland's second scheduling move was the Southern game, which we are reportedly paying SU almost 2.5x the guarantee we payed NWST.

I think this would be his third scheduling move.
    I said his first contract. I've acknowledged several times that Southern was his 1st contract. The "wink" emoticon was a give away that THE BBB beat LaTechSports and other Tech "news" sources to the punch.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

I said his first contract. I've acknowledged several times that Southern was his 1st contract. The "wink" emoticon was a give away that THE BBB beat LaTechSports and other Tech "news" sources to the punch.
    Where were these sources in October when the contract was signed?

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

It is interesting that the ESPN story notes that ESPN actually filed a public records request to get the info and the contract was signed back in October. I wonder if the series had been in the works or if TMc came in with guns blazing to set up big opponents at the Joe. It also begs the question of what else we may have set up that hasn't been announced yet.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

I got a text from a friend who got the Brett McMurphy tweet. JFord posted it on his site 10 minutes before I posted it here. I'm guessing he has known about it for a while and was asked not to say anything. THE BBB rarely, if ever, beats JFord to the punch....unless it actually involves punching.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    It is interesting that the ESPN story notes that ESPN actually filed a public records request to get the info and the contract was signed back in October. I wonder if the series had been in the works or if TMc came in with guns blazing to set up big opponents at the Joe. It also begs the question of what else we may have set up that hasn't been announced yet.
    I want to say that he was also working on getting a deal done with an SEC team for a home-and-home series.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

10 year home & home series with northeast beginning in 2016.

Inn Ell Yoo! Woo woo woo!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Most of us knew the BYU series would never happen. BYU needed us and Dykes said no.

That was BVDV talking for LaTechSports.

Oh gosh! Did I really spell "payed" like that?

Here's what really ticks me off about the BYU deal... If you really cancelled the series, just tell us! Don't tell us that you postponed it to a later date TBD and then not follow up on it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

If you really cancelled the series, just tell us! Don't tell us that you postponed it to a later date TBD and then not follow up on it.
    eg. the 2-for-1 with Cal.

Played games in 97 and 07, and then it just disappeared.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Another important thing that we don't know: How does McClelland plan on completing those 2020-22 schedules? If we still need two money games per year to balance the budget, that means three SEC/Big 12 opponents on those schedules. Given the drastic decline in contributions and sponsorship revenue in McClelland's first year and the State's slashing of higher ed funding, I'm not expecting our AD to schedule less than two money games per year any time soon.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-26-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Another important thing that we don't know: How does McClelland plan on completing those 2020-22 schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I want to say that he was also working on getting a deal done with an SEC team for a home-and-home series.
    Yes. Back in August, McClelland told the Shreveport media that he was working on a home-and-home contract with an SEC school.

Yes. Back in August, McClelland told the Shreveport media that he was working on a home-and-home contract with an SEC school.
    If they're all SEC fans, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    https://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/...ing-philosophy

It's a pay-day game in 2020 ($500k), then 1-for-1 in 2021/2022
    Keep in mind that single money games are now going for about $1.2 million and climbing.

It looks like this deal is probably good for our fans, but we'll have to wait and see how McClelland (if he's still our AD in the 2020s) will make our budget work with our schedules.

In 2020, we now have two road games scheduled (at UNLV and at Baylor) with only a $500K guarantee. That leaves one money game to be scheduled for a HUGE payout (see Bama) and likely one FCS home game to meet the NCAA requirement of at least five home games.

In 2021 and 2022, we'll likely need two money games each year in addition to each of the Baylor games. In 2022, that likely means three road games at SEC/Big 12 opponents. Odds McClelland is still our AD in 2022?
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-26-2015 at 03:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread