+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seedings at Conference Tourney

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Seedings at Conference Tourney

Look at the CUSA seedings and what was announced at TAC Sat that Tech is No. 1 seed and will play at noon on Thursday and afternoon on Fri for semi. Not like last yr when Tech had to play late on Friday after Tulsa although Tech was No. 1 seed. I plan to be there for all three
    games and hope Conference Championship.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBULLDOG View Post
    Look at the CUSA seedings and what was announced at TAC Sat that Tech is No. 1 seed and will play at noon on Thursday and afternoon on Fri for semi. Not like last yr when Tech had to play late on Friday after Tulsa although Tech was No. 1 seed. I plan to be there for all three
    games and hope Conference Championship.
    But Tech is NOT #1 seed yet...it isn't clinched...bad info given out at the TAC on Saturday.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We need to leave nothing to chance on Thursday night.

Leave NO DOUBT, DAWGS!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

These Dawgs need to dance. These seniors have enjoyed a great run and need to cap it in the Big Dance. Anything short of that will be a disappointment. Yeah, beat USM, be regular season champs, an accomplishment on its own merit. But, everything rides on what happens in B'ham.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

How 'bout them Dawgs!?! #1 Seed

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    These Dawgs need to dance. These seniors have enjoyed a great run and need to cap it in the Big Dance. Anything short of that will be a disappointment. Yeah, beat USM, be regular season champs, an accomplishment on its own merit. But, everything rides on what happens in B'ham.
    Agreed. But, I give us a 50/50 chance, at best, to win the CUSA Tournament. Our "style" of play just isn't conducive to winning 3 tough games in 3 days.

I'm concerned, because I really think we have the best team in CUSA (and have proved it in the regular season). But our guys can't play like they have done numerous times this season, including the 1st half tonight. Gotta be hitting on all cylinders....for 3 straight nights!!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Will try to post this again since the board crapped out the first time I tried it.

Here are the seeding scenarios with WKU at ODU, UAB at FIU, and Rice at UTEP on Saturday. Only the ODU-WKU winner can be the outright #2 seed, and only the ODU-WKU loser can be the outright #5 seed.

If ODU, UAB, and UTEP all win Saturday--UTEP #2 seed, UAB #3 seed, ODU #4 seed, WKU #5 seed
    UTEP is 2-0 vs ODU and UAB to get the #2 seed, UAB is 1-1 vs UTEP and ODU to get the #3 seed, and ODU is 0-2 vs UTEP and UAB to get the #4 seed.

If WKU, UAB, and UTEP all win Saturday--#2-#4 seeds will have to be determined by tiebreakers down the standings from Tech and ODU, ODU #5 seed

If ODU and UAB win--UAB #2 seed, ODU #3 seed, WKU #4 seed, UTEP #5 seed
    UAB and WKU have the head-to-head advantage over ODU and UTEP respectively

If WKU and UAB win--UAB #2 seed, WKU #3 seed, UTEP #4 seed, ODU #5 seed
    UAB and UTEP have the head-to-head advantage over WKU and ODU respectively

If ODU and UTEP win--UTEP #2 seed, ODU #3 seed, UAB #4 seed, WKU #5 seed
    UTEP and UAB have the head-to-head advantage over ODU and WKU respectively

If WKU and UTEP win--UTEP #2 seed, WKU #3 seed, UAB #4 seed, ODU #5 seed
    UTEP and UAB have the head-to-head advantage over WKU and ODU respectively

If only ODU wins--ODU #2 seed, #3-#5 seeds will have to be determined by tiebreakers down the standings from Tech and ODU

If only WKU wins=--WKU #2 seed, UTEP #3 seed, UAB #4 seed, ODU #5 seed
    UTEP is 2-0 vs ODU and UAB to get the #3 seed, UAB is 1-1 vs UTEP and ODU to get the #4 seed, and ODU is 0-2 vs UTEP and UAB to get the #5 seed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I still want both UAB and ODU together on the opposite side of the bracket. Yep, UTEP and WKU are both capable of beating us, as are a couple of other teams on "one of those nights." But, I think we have the easier path to the Dance avoiding both UAB and ODU. Having to beat one of them will be tough enough.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I still want both UAB and ODU together on the opposite side of the bracket. Yep, UTEP and WKU are both capable of beating us, as are a couple of other teams on "one of those nights." But, I think we have the easier path to the Dance avoiding both UAB and ODU. Having to beat one of them will be tough enough.
    No way. Give me ODU as the 4 seed. I want no part in a 3rd game between UTEP or UAB.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    No way. Give me ODU as the 4 seed. I want no part in a 3rd game between UTEP or UAB.
    Agreed. Therefore, I want UTEP, UAB, and ODU to win Saturday.

Florida Atlantic over UAB was a surprise. I wonder what happened.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't match up with ODU very well in that game, but I am unsure if it was because we were just really off or they just match up with us better than others.

I will take what comes. We are in UTEP's heads. I don't believe in the 3rd time is more difficult rule. I think we have their number. UAB might be scary in Birmingham, but we seem to thrive on adversity at times.

This is a 50/50 proposition of winning. There are 5 teams that could legitimately win the tournament. We may have the best chance, but on any given night....... Just hope we have the hot hand for 3 straight games!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Just win and hold court -

2 of the last 3 years we have made the championship game - let's get back and see what happens...

Just be playing on Saturday, that's all I want
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    My preference as well

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I just don't want to play Charlotte in our first game. They have the talent to win the tournament even if they are the lowest seed. If Charlotte doesn't end up in the 8/9 game, I will feel really good.

So many different scenarios could play out by the time the semifinals or championship game come around that it's hard to say who we'd rather have seeded 2-5. But I think it's obvious we want to avoid having to play UAB if possible, but if we had to play UAB, I think we'd be better off playing them in the semis than the championship game. It's a catch-22.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

There are 3 teams I want on the opposite side of the bracket - UAB, UTEP, and Charlotte. The only lower seeded team I see having a chance to win it is Charlotte. Of course, as we should remember, in any game a lower seed can upset a higher seed.

+ Reply to Thread