+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/5 USM game (STRIPE OUT)

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Re: 3/5 USM game (STRIPE OUT)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Well my cut and paste screen shot didn't work -

But I got the ticket page that allowed to choose the level and price amount and number of tickets I wanted

With choice of two seat options of the price I wanted
    That wasn't there when I posted but it is popping up for me now. So I stand corrected, someone with a Louisiana Tech account manager profile can buy tickets online through the LA Tech website. Still, why can't the general public access tickets on the normal Ticketmaster site like people do for most concert and sporting events that they attend? It would be like wanting to buy tickets to a concert at Centurylink and seeing they are not onsale on Ticketmaster. Then finding out that we had to go to the artist's website to login to a ticket manager account to even get to the secret Ticketmaster-lite site to buy tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/louisian...004D73DE596769

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I know this isn't related to online ticket sales, but buying them over the phone is just as easy (at least it always has been for me). Called earlier today and ordered 4 tickets in my choice of available section during a 3 minute conversation.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    That wasn't there when I posted but it is popping up for me now. So I stand corrected, someone with a Louisiana Tech account manager profile can buy tickets online through the LA Tech website. Still, why can't the general public access tickets on the normal Ticketmaster site like people do for most concert and sporting events that they attend? It would be like wanting to buy tickets to a concert at Centurylink and seeing they are not onsale on Ticketmaster. Then finding out that we had to go to the artist's website to login to a ticket manager account to even get to the secret Ticketmaster-lite site to buy tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/louisian...004D73DE596769
    I never to go Ticketmaster/etal to ballgames that I attend away that can't be purchased through TECH - I go to that school's athletics web site...

UAB, USM, ULAR, McNeese, USL, UNT, UTA -

It's cheaper and you avoid the big surcharge that Ticketmaster assesses...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Believe me....... I agree with you. I was just showing how FB is doing a good job. I have stated before that we need boots on the ground all over campus for this game and in all the towns around. That hasn't happened yet. The students are whom I am most interested in attending and that means staying in town when school is out.
    I agree with you on all of this. The FB tributes to the seniors are great. I hope it does enough to get more people to the game Thursday. They deserve a sold out TAC.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I agree with you on all of this. The FB tributes to the seniors are great. I hope it does enough to get more people to the game Thursday. They deserve a sold out TAC.
    Not saying they don't "deserve a sold out TAC", but another +5K crowd would be great considering all the things that are working against us. A lot of people will stay home to watch on TV at the least little hint of bad weather. Can't really blame them for not wanting to drive home on black ice after 10.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not saying they don't "deserve a sold out TAC", but another +5K crowd would be great considering all the things that are working against us. A lot of people will stay home to watch on TV at the least little hint of bad weather. Can't really blame them for not wanting to drive home on black ice after 10.
    I'm confident we'll get 5k. The weather "should be" okay Thursday night. Last I saw, the winter mix was forecasted for early Thursday morning and the high temps are near 40, so the roads will probably be okay as long as the temps don't dip below freezing early in the evening.

When I called to get my tickets earlier today, there were only a couple of sections in the 100s that I could get 3 seats together, and even fewer that had 4 seats together when I had a last second addition to the group. I know ticket sales don't equal actual attendance, but I think it's worth noting nonetheless. Another high student turnout will be the key.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I agree that the crowd doesn't have to be a sell out, but I do think they deserve it as loud as this...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    I agree that the crowd doesn't have to be a sell out, but I do think they deserve it as loud as this...

That was amazing to witness.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I'm confident we'll get 5k. The weather "should be" okay Thursday night. Last I saw, the winter mix was forecasted for early Thursday morning and the high temps are near 40, so the roads will probably be okay as long as the temps don't dip below freezing early in the evening.

When I called to get my tickets earlier today, there were only a couple of sections in the 100s that I could get 3 seats together, and even fewer that had 4 seats together when I had a last second addition to the group. I know ticket sales don't equal actual attendance, but I think it's worth noting nonetheless. Another high student turnout will be the key.
    the lack of availability of several red seats together is pretty much because of season ticket sales. I hope a LOT of students stay for the game but based on history I am skeptical. When we change that we will be making great progress.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    the lack of availability of several red seats together is pretty much because of season ticket sales. I hope a LOT of students stay for the game but based on history I am skeptical. When we change that we will be making great progress.
    We've had to kick more out of our seats this season, that's a good thing I suppose. I don't get why Tech doesn't have more begging to get in these games, I really don't. College basketball is the ultimate "spectator's sport"--you are close enough to see each individual's performance (body language, facial expression, athleticism, etc.,...) but it's in a team context (coordination, interaction, communication, etc.,...). I love being able to see the whole court on every play! Nothing like it.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We've had to kick more out of our seats this season, that's a good thing I suppose. I don't get why Tech doesn't have more begging to get in these games, I really don't. College basketball is the ultimate "spectator's sport"--you are close enough to see each individual's performance (body language, facial expression, athleticism, etc.,...) but it's in a team context (coordination, interaction, communication, etc.,...). I love being able to see the whole court on every play! Nothing like it.
    I agree. Simple to understand too. Watching a live competitive basketball game, with a dog in the hunt, is an intense and exciting experience. The intensity of basketball is lost on TV. You can feel the collective emotions of everybody in the arena. Don't get that in football. The late season home games the last two years have been unbelievable. Really the most fun I've ever had watching any sport Tech or otherwise.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Any news on ticket discounts? Me and a few will be heading over from Shrevesburg.

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

The three seniors had a sit down interview on Monday. This was supposed to be posted on social media and emailed. I've yet to see it on social media, and wonder if anyone has received it in an email. Or are we just waiting to send it the day of?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    The three seniors had a sit down interview on Monday. This was supposed to be posted on social media and emailed. I've yet to see it on social media, and wonder if anyone has received it in an email. Or are we just waiting to send it the day of?
    The one with MamaLovesManning (Teddy) is set to debut Thursday night from what I've been told
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post

I still watch that video to remind me how amazing basketball at Tech could be. Electric.

+ Reply to Thread