+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bowl Slate -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

2015 Bowl Slate -

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/02/conf...bowl-bids-2015

Picked this up off the CUSA board
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2015 Bowl Slate -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I know some disagree, but if we make it, I do not want the N.O. Bowl. It is seen as a Belt bowl and a warm-up bowl to the Sugar Bowl.

Loved going to the Heart of Texas Bowl. I know the team and fans may want another one, but I would love to repeat that one against a P5 team again.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This is a fantastic line up of bowls with 3 from within 3 hours driving distance. My heart is still at the HOD Bowl. I would kill to play a Big12 team there next year.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I know some disagree, but if we make it, I do not want the N.O. Bowl. It is seen as a Belt bowl and a warm-up bowl to the Sugar Bowl.

Loved going to the Heart of Texas Bowl. I know the team and fans may want another one, but I would love to repeat that one against a P5 team again.
    I loved the HOD Bowl, too, and a repeat would not bother me, either. G5 vs.P5 draws attention.

But, remember, the N.O. Bowl may be a prelim to the Sugar Bowl, but the HOD Bowl is prelim to the Cotton and the Poinsettia is a prelim to Holiday Bowl, etc.

They all have about the same volunteer committees that help man them. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I like the HOD, too. It's the best of the lineup (even better than the Duck thing).

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    This is a fantastic line up of bowls with 3 from within 3 hours driving distance. My heart is still at the HOD Bowl. I would kill to play a Big12 team there next year.
    With a new QB and a new DC for this coming season, I'll be happy with any bowl. What we accomplished with Sokol at QB and Diaz at the helm of the defense will not be easy to duplicate.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

My experience in the Cotton Bowl against Illinois was absolutely magical and I don't know if NOLA Bowl against a Belt team can compare. The Indy is alway a good game as long as it's against a p5. The Miami game would be awesome if you could get it against the right AAC team.

Side note. We will have the baby Cotton Bowl, baby Sugar Bowl and baby Orange Bowl this year.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

New Orleans would be fun!

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I loved the HOD Bowl, too, and a repeat would not bother me, either. G5 vs.P5 draws attention.

But, remember, the N.O. Bowl may be a prelim to the Sugar Bowl, but the HOD Bowl is prelim to the Cotton and the Poinsettia is a prelim to Holiday Bowl, etc.

They all have about the same volunteer committees that help man them. . . .
    Not so much now that the Cotton Bowl is played at Jerry World in Arlington 25 miles west on I-30. HOD is the only bowl actually played in Dallas

It's still the baby Cotton Bowl to me. Played in Cotton Bowl stadium.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

HOD was fabulous and I would prefer that again but the link indicates that CUSA tries to not send a school to the same bowl two years in a row.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    HOD was fabulous and I would prefer that again but the link indicates that CUSA tries to not send a school to the same bowl two years in a row.
    But it also says geography is taken into consideration. I think the big crowd we brought to HOD last year would give us some leverage in being able to go there again this year, should the opportunity present itself. For example, if it's down to us going to HOD or Miami come bowl selection time, it'd be hard for CUSA to try to send us to Miami solely on the fact that we were in Dallas last year.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Not so much now that the Cotton Bowl is played at Jerry World in Arlington 25 miles west on I-30. HOD is the only bowl actually played in Dallas
    No need to complicate things. Same volunteers. HOD, CB and FTWorth bowls all use a lot of the same folks.
    Louisiana Tech University

I think if CUSA was going to pick a non access bowl for us is would either be Indy against a P5 or US as Conference champs against Sunbelt Champ in Nola Bowl kinda like what Marshall did. The great part about this is viable options. Heck if UTEP and us both were Bowl eligible we could face a MWC team in New Mexico while UTEP faces a Big12/MWC team in Dallas.

I say all that to say this. HOD is tailor made for Tech, UNT and UTSA. All will bring a crowd.

+ Reply to Thread