+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bowl Slate -

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Re: 2015 Bowl Slate -

It's just nice to see everyone talking about what bowl game we want to go to this year. As opposed to the expectation last year.

The HOD bowl will probably be highly sought after by the West Division teams.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

The DFW population is bigger than the entire state of Louisiana. For those that are always wanting bigger exposure the HOD Bowl beats the NO Bowl hands down.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is about perception to me. I want a P5 team. Everyone knows I love New Orleans. The New Orleans Bowl, though, is known as G5 vs. G5 Belt Bowl and no one cares who wins it. Give me a P5 known name any day.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My wife wants Tech to go to the Bahamas Bowl. She, and my daughter, were with me at the HOD. It was awesome! the Cotton Bowl is a venerable old stadium. Great history there. And, a great place to watch a game. Tremendous sight-lines, no bad seats between the 20's for sure.

But! my better-half also watched portions of the Bahamas Bowl on TV and commented...."If Tech goes there, let's go!"

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My wife wants Tech to go to the Bahamas Bowl. She, and my daughter, were with me at the HOD. It was awesome! the Cotton Bowl is a venerable old stadium. Great history there. And, a great place to watch a game. Tremendous sight-lines, no bad seats between the 20's for sure.

But! my better-half also watched portions of the Bahamas Bowl on TV and commented...."If Tech goes there, let's go!"
    We won't have that big of a crowd, but it would be a fun trip. My only issue is the opponent. I don't remember who Marshall played, but everyone I know (Tech and non-Tech fans) know we beat Illinois last year. They, also, see highlight reels with us vs. Illinois over and over from many of us.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Marshall played in the Boca Raton Bowl. WKU was in the Bahamas. (and nearly blew it). vs. Central Michigan.....I think .

Who cares!? It's the frickin' Bahamas. No disrespect to the HOD....but that 'hood is not exactly "vacation central."

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Marshall played in the Boca Raton Bowl. WKU was in the Bahamas. (and nearly blew it). vs. Central Michigan.....I think .

Who cares!? It's the frickin' Bahamas. No disrespect to the HOD....but that 'hood is not exactly "vacation central."
    You are correct. I guess I don't see it as a vacation, but Bahama's definitely would be. I just think that beating and even playing a P5 team is important for perception. Having a decent crowd is a good thing too. Wouldn't you love to beat a B12 team in a bowl?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    But it also says geography is taken into consideration. I think the big crowd we brought to HOD last year would give us some leverage in being able to go there again this year, should the opportunity present itself. For example, if it's down to us going to HOD or Miami come bowl selection time, it'd be hard for CUSA to try to send us to Miami solely on the fact that we were in Dallas last year.
    From the article:

. . .we try to avoid sending teams to the same bowls two years in a row.
    Obviously this isn't binding or anything, but especially if the NO or Indy are in play I bet the conference sends us elsewhere. Supposedly the conference champ gets their pick, and then the conference works with everyone else (bowls and schools) to place the rest with some level of sanity. But I bet even the champion gets some league input.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I better start throwing my extra change in a jar.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I just want to beat up more lower tier P5 schools; how about any of the ACC schools except FSU?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I just want to beat up more lower tier P5 schools; how about any of the ACC schools except FSU?
    Easy now.

I'd much rather play the bottom half of the BIG than the bottom half of the ACC.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Hell, I just want to go to a bowl for two years straight...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I better start throwing my extra change in a jar.
    And save vacation days so you aren't "surprised gosh darn it".

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Hell, I just want to go to a bowl for two years straight...
    Co-signed!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Nothing new to add here but that has never stopped me before. I see NO as the Cajun bowl and that is NOT a compliment --Bahama bowl was empty, I watched it. Great game but empty stadium. HOD bowl is my pick-- great Texas fan base and 2 yrs in row would help recruiting . I will go whever we go --- but HOD would easily be best for fan base and thats what its about --

+ Reply to Thread