+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech seniors deserve to go out in front of packed house

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Tech seniors deserve to go out in front of packed house

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: Tech seniors deserve to go out in front of packed house

Good article by Sean Isabella.

USM is playing their last game of the season. They are on a self-imposed ban from post-season play because of recruiting violations linked to former coach Donnie Tyndall. They are now coached by Doc Sadler who is in his first year at USM.

Sadler is a former UTEP head coach. His "performance" at a UTEP-Tech game many years ago was one of the most monumental meltdowns I've ever seen. It was more impressive that the recent display by current UTEP coach Tim Floyd. There must be something about being in El Paso that causes a coaching meltdown in Ruston. Maybe it's the humidity.

How will USM approach this game? I suspect they will play their best. How good is their best? Well, they have won their last two games against UTSA and followed that up with a comeback win against UTEP after being down 24 points with 11 minutes to go in the game. They outscored the Miners 35-8 in the last 10 minutes of the game to take the win. We can't afford to overlook the Golden Eagles.

It should be a good ballgame. Don't miss it and be sure to bring some friends. Let's make it a packed house.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I expect to get USM's best game of the year. The players better be ready for a battle.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I am still amazed that Coach White went out and signed all three within 30 days of being hired... In the late signing period.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I am still amazed that Coach White went out and signed all three within 30 days of being hired... In the late signing period.
    Speedy's highlight clip that his father sent to coach White for recruitment.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Holy moly. That is a great video, but are all of them that long? I used to hear about videos being sent to Barmore all the time. I've also heard over the years that not all of these "interest" videos get viewed (hence, speedy had no other offers). Just curious. Just assumed that a video might be 5-10 minutes.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Enjoyed the video, but they buried the lead. He averaged 9 assists per game and 2.2
    Steals per game and it took 12 minutes for those facts to be revealed.

... maybe that had something to do with the lack of attention from elsewhere. Whatever the reasons, I sure am glad Mike White found him.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Whatever the reasons, I sure am glad Mike White found him.

As am I. Hoping I didn't sound ungrateful. Go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    Whatever the reasons, I sure am glad Mike White found him.

As am I. Hoping I didn't sound ungrateful. Go Dawgs!
    No, not at all. I am not sure how much good these things do, but I found it interesting that whoever put the video together didn't emphasize what were his obvious strengths.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I actually think this year's regular season attendance is slightly better than last years - I think the numbers are more realistic

Unfortunately the effort wasn't put into this year's WHITE OUT that it was last year and I don't count Iona's 4,643 since it was a NIT game

Right now we are avg 3,962 per contest through 15 games

Last year we avg 4,186 per contest with 15 games (including IONA in the NIT)

Last year's avg attendance was 2nd best all time behind 1984-85's avg of 5,009 in 14 games

If weather doesn't get us tomorrow, we could get to 3rd on the all time list if we have a crowd greater than 4K
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Decent weather and I think we could pop 6k

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I wish but I just don't see it happening even with decent weather.

Not gonna sugar coat it. Ain't seen many chillun's still around today....But I will be positive! I am sure they are all coming back to campus tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I wish but I just don't see it happening even with decent weather.
    Yeah we would -

That was a great crowd Saturday and Thursday - students don't make up but maybe 500 in attendance

Weather is the KEY tomorrow

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Speedy's highlight clip that his father sent to coach White for recruitment.
    Nice video, but I think the intangibles probably sold White on recruiting Speedy. Speedy did dominant that girl around the 2:15 mark, I would have left that highlight out, lol

+ Reply to Thread