+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tech seniors deserve to go out in front of packed house

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: Tech seniors deserve to go out in front of packed house

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep -

All we need to do is set aside a FAMILY section of 1,000 seats per game and price them accordingly -

I have argued with them about this until I'm blue in the face - it's not a DISCOUNT, it's a price structure for seats that are not filled, so you don't have to qualify it under the NCAA guidelines - (FAMILY 4 x 4 plan) $44 gets you 4 tickets, 4 drinks and 4 hotdogs - additional tickets can be purchase at $8 each...
    UTSA has a deal called the three point play - ticket + drink + hot dog or popcorn for $12 plus if the roadrunners score 65+ or more you get a free whataburger coupon.

So I walk out their gym with a Tech win and free whataburger! Tech ticket office needs some creativity especially for families

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    I've been screaming this for years. This can apply to football as well, except the price will be a little higher because football. I don't think it should be limited to families with kids either. Sure, discount the kids tickets, but what if a group of 4 students from Grambling want to come watch our game just out of lack of anything else to do? Give them a deal at 4 for $50 or something. Butts in seats.

There are quite literally countless ways to structure a promo pack to spur attendance, and Tech does little to none of it. Blame it on budgets, staffing, blah blah blah, who cares. Simple fact is, no one is taking accountability for building the Louisiana Tech brand through getting people to attend our sporting events.

And enough with the free pizza for students. They're getting to the point where they expect it, if they're not already there. Change it up a little bit.
    You are right and it is sad that Tech can't be more creative

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Talked to Chris and the ticket office had been rocking today. Hope for a great crowd!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If we're gonna start pricing closer to big boys (and even the NBA), then I suggest we promote family seating promotions, yes, in the upper blue section. (like the big boys and the NBA)

There is a sponsor out there just waiting to latch onto a four-for-four ticket/concession deal.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

What was the attendance last night-?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    What was the attendance last night-?
    The box score says 5,805. It looked good on TV.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Think we ended up averaging 4,077 in 16 ball games this year

That's 3rd best all time

I think about 109 less per ballgame than last year - but we had a Thanksgiving tourney that was Friday, Saturday Sundaya

Ad there was not as much effort on operation SELL OUT this year as there was last year cause we were not trying to one up the juco

But the last half of conference slate at home we finished strong - 3 straight crowds over 5,000 and even against the F_U's we were over 4k

And we have some VERY bad weather the last two Thursday's - our fans stepped up

And its EXPENSIVE for a family to make multiple trips per week to the TAC
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    While standing in line last game to purchase a ticket for a child's friend, I witnessed a family (mom, maybe teenish daughter, and two tweenish girls) go up to the ticket window. She (mom) said "
    general admission is 12.00 for these kids?? Oh my gosh...I can't do that." one of the girls said, "mommmmm". Mom said, "I am sorry, I just can't." They left. Missed opportunity for 4. If I had the money/tickets, I would have given!
    If anybody knows this lady, please send me a PM with her phone number. I'll make sure she gets season tickets next year.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Been in Ruston a long time, didn't recognize her.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It came down to vacation vs. season tix for us. My family chose the tickets.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The upper level was $12 for kids. $12 for kids tonight in the upper level.
    Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    While standing in line last game to purchase a ticket for a child's friend, I witnessed a family (mom, maybe teenish daughter, and two tweenish girls) go up to the ticket window. She (mom) said "
    general admission is 12.00 for these kids?? Oh my gosh...I can't do that." one of the girls said, "mommmmm". Mom said, "I am sorry, I just can't." They left. Missed opportunity for 4. If I had the money/tickets, I would have given!

On the same night, that woman could have taken her kids to ULM for a basketball double-header for $5.00 per kid (12 and under, I think). I'm certainly not equating ULM basketball with Tech's, but if we're trying to get the casual fan hooked on Bulldog basketball, we're not doing enough to encourage them. What good are empty seats doing Tech?

+ Reply to Thread