+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM Saturday

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM Saturday

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech closes out the regular season Saturday when the Lady Techsters travel to face Southern Miss at Reed Green Coliseum.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM Saturday

Let's see if that workout with vests did it's job yesterday! GO TECHSTERS! Beat USM!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Let's see if that workout with vests did it's job yesterday! GO TECHSTERS! Beat USM!
    Does anyone care about our actual game or is everyone beating the horse on the other thread?

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Does anyone care about our actual game or is everyone beating the horse on the other thread?
    Wait! We've got a dead horse beating thread? Where!? Am I too late? Champion, I guess in the realm of fandom, there are spectators and speculators. But one thing's for sure: winning cures all.

"Nine of USM's 13 Conference USA wins have come by six points or less or in overtime."
    That's not encouraging. They have proven character. When things are tight, they have confidence they can pull it out.

"...the Golden Eagles possess a deep lineup that sees 12 players averaging 10 or more minutes per contest."

That's not encouraging either. Playing zone with a deep bench... they can run all they want on offense and transition, keep a fresh team on the court, and if on offense we do get some penetration... they have plenty of fouls to give.

At game time I'll be busy entertaining out-of-town guests. That's a little encouraging.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

I care . I'll be making the trip tomorrow to support the ladies and I'll also be in Birmingham for the tournament (I have an understanding boss and the ability to work outside the office). This might not be the dream end to the season but it won't stop me showing up and cheering.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    I care . I'll be making the trip tomorrow to support the ladies and I'll also be in Birmingham for the tournament (I have an understanding boss and the ability to work outside the office). This might not be the dream end to the season but it won't stop me showing up and cheering.
    Now, I am just a bit jealous! I hope you have a blast on your road trip and get to see the Techsters and Dawgs both do great in Birmingham
    and see the Techsters up-set the Golden Eagles Sat. early evening down in Hattisberg!

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Wait! We've got a dead horse beating thread? Where!? Am I too late? Champion, I guess in the realm of fandom, there are spectators and speculators. But one thing's for sure: winning cures all.

"Nine of USM's 13 Conference USA wins have come by six points or less or in overtime."
    That's not encouraging. They have proven character. When things are tight, they have confidence they can pull it out.

"...the Golden Eagles possess a deep lineup that sees 12 players averaging 10 or more minutes per contest."

That's not encouraging either. Playing zone with a deep bench... they can run all they want on offense and transition, keep a fresh team on the court, and if on offense we do get some penetration... they have plenty of fouls to give.

At game time I'll be busy entertaining out-of-town guests. That's a little encouraging.
    Yes, the Golden Eagles have perhaps won many games just due to that depth and having enough decent talent to stay in games. We should have beat them in Ruston and it might have set the tone for the whole conference season. I would love to have that one back, but just about every team in CUSA is saying the same thing. They are deep and pretty consistent and they have managed to outlast just about everyone. The key to win is to stay right with them and go on a big run in the last 5 minutes. That will be tough to do, especially on their home court and with only 10 players.

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    I join BlindDog in being jealous! Cheer loudly for us all!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope these seniors know that we support them. They have had an uphill battle this year and I would love for them to finish on a high note and do some damage in the tournament after this!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

tied at 2..
    Walter gets lay-up... Techsters lead 4-2...
    turn over UsM... Langston out.
    Wingate in..
    turn over Techsters...
    Wingate gets bucket...
    8-4 Techsters lead.. 15lus left in first half!

USM gets bucket.. 8-6 Techsters leading...
    turn over Techsters...
    USM gets 3ptr! and lead by 1...
    Walter gets bucket, she has 4pts... Techsters by 1...
    Shelton gets bucket! 12-11 Techsters lead..
    UfSM with turn over..
    Walters gets bucket.. 14-11...
    trading buckets here! 16-15 Techsters leading!Wingate with bucket! Time out.. 9:53.. 20-15 Techsters!

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

20-15 tech with 9:37 to play

USM gets bucket!
    lead at 3...
    uSM gets 3ptr! tied game!
    USM takes lead.. 22-20
    Time out Tyler!

USM gets 2 more buckets.. 110-0 run for USM...

USM ball...
    Shelton scores...
    turn over USM...
    USM ball.
    Techster ball..
    Wingate gets bucket and will go to line!
    6pts for Wingate.. USM lead at 1...
    USM makes another 3ptr!
    4pt lead by USM..
    USM ball.. Wingate with rebound and Frazier misses lay-up!
    USM ball.
    turn over USM...
    Time out 3:24 left in first..
    29-24 Techsters trailing!

Wingate gets bucket lead at 2 for USM..
    Wingate has 9pts and just gets rebound..
    Davenport gets 3ptr!
    techsters lead by1
    1:11 lef in first half!
    USM ball.. gets bucket.. 31-30.. USM leas...
    Techsters ball...
    turn over Techsters!
    on USM as well...
    :34 seconds left in half///
    Techsters ball...
    USM ball.
    Techsters gets steal and hit jumper at buzzer1
    Shelton may get a 3ptr!
    Yes!
    33-31 Techsters leading!

+ Reply to Thread