+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM Saturday

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    We actually had a good (and vocal) tech section behind the bench. It was great that the girls came up into the crowd for hugs and high fives after the game.
    Solid WIN to build confidence and fantastic to have Techster fans they could celebrate with. Wish I could see those great smiles. AWESOME!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Amazed.

Hope Eager Eagle was at the game. Told him his school was nuttin' but a WBB school now, and he replied, yeah but we'll kick your sorry Tech azzes.

Oooops!

Good job Coach Summitt and Techsters. Great road win.

.....but come on, man! tighten up down the stretch, will ya!

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

I was there as well. Nice job by the ladies. A bit sloppy, but they had a lot of energy. I sat where I could hear Tyler working the refs all game. The officials were letting them play. Several over-the-back calls were not made under the Tech basket. Nice appreciation by the team going into the stands after the game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

They really played hard for this one. I watched it on All-Access and had to listen to the Southern Miss. announcers. They had an "on-the-court" color announcer and she was the most biased person I had ever heard. I loved it at the end! She was the only lady I had ever heard make a southern accent sound horrible.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They really played hard for this one. I watched it on All-Access and had to listen to the Southern Miss. announcers. They had an "on-the-court" color announcer and she was the most biased person I had ever heard. I loved it at the end! She was the only lady I had ever heard make a southern accent sound horrible.
    I watched it on All-Access as well, but, opened a second window and listened to the Tech radio broadcast.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

A tardy but heartfelt thank you to Blind Dog and everyone who posted during the game...
    from the 48-hour Delay Fan Club!

I was able to avoid learning the final score before taking in the game thread. After so many posts I thought we'd blown it for sure. What a welcome surprise that we escaped, if with rubberbanded hands. We tried to throw it away, but it came back to us anyway!

I think Tyler's post-game assessment is the story on this team:

"...we did not play smart by any stretch."
    [On the near disastrous foul] "We even went over it. We went through situations. This team is an instinctive team, and I think it was an instinct play. Chrisstasia was frustrated from missing the free throw and she went over and fouled. It was a senior making a freshman mistake. Hopefully we don't do that in the conference tournament."

Hopefully... but unfair for us fans to expect our leopards to suddenly show up in stripes.

These Techsters were recruited for their instinctive play, to play a run-and-gun style which played to their strengths. But in came a new staff asking--demanding--that they analyze situations, attack defenses tactically, then somehow bring their instinctive ball skills to bear. My expectations for post-season are lower, but my appreciation for these ladies never higher.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    A tardy but heartfelt thank you to Blind Dog and everyone who posted during the game...

I was able to avoid learning the final score before taking in the game thread. After so many posts I thought we'd blown it for sure. What a welcome surprise that we escaped, if with rubberbanded hands. We tried to throw it away, but it came back to us anyway!

[On the near disastrous foul] "We even went over it. We went through situations. This team is an instinctive team, and I think it was an instinct play. Chrisstasia was frustrated from missing the free throw and she went over and fouled. It was a senior making a freshman mistake. Hopefully we don't do that in the conference tournament."

Hopefully... but unfair for us fans to expect our leopards to suddenly show up in stripes.

These Techsters were recruited for their instinctive play, to play a run-and-gun style which played to their strengths. But in came a new staff asking--demanding--that they analyze situations, attack defenses tactically, then somehow bring their instinctive ball skills to bear. My expectations for post-season are lower, but my appreciation for these ladies never higher.
    Excellent post. I agree, this team will look completely different with Brooklyn Pumroy running the point and Ashley Santos on the wing. Most of the teams in CUSA will lose quite a bit next year and everyone should be quite evenly matched.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post

Excellent post! And, I think Tyler was spot on with his quote, as well.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I tried watching their broadcast of it but it was so slow it made my head hurt.
    I will say though that besides the Miss State game I think this came close to our ladies working hard for 40 minutes.
    The coaching staff did an excellent job of using time outs. We never let them get a run sustained on us and we were able to keep their fans out of the game.

JLM may have looked like a bumble bee but she has done an excellent job with that program as she did with the Memphis program back in the 90's

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    The coaching staff did an excellent job of using time outs. We never let them get a run sustained on us and we were able to keep their fans out of the game.
    From what I've read, I wonder if that wasn't a concession by CTS (in his way of thinking).

He's wanted them to develop the toughness throughout the season to absorb a run, halt it, and turn it around. At the championship level, the more things your team can manage on the court without a timeout, the more timeouts you'll have when they can really make a difference.

I get the feeling he's at the point--and we're at a point in the season--where the seniors have learned about all they're going to, so now it's time to maximize their effectiveness in each game, trying to make sure the game we're in doesn't become their last game.

I'd like to hear Tyler explain how his coaching philosophy changes, from regular season to tournament play.

+ Reply to Thread