+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The TAC

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: The TAC

I found this in an old thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Here are the buildings I have found that were built and/or renovated during Dr. Taylor's tenure as Louisiana Tech's President. This is not a complete list.

1962-Graham Hall
    1964-Harper Hall
    1965-College of Business Building (also renovated in 1982)
    1967-Nethken Hall
    1968-Bookstore (also renovated in 1986)
    1968-Joe Aillet Stadium
    1971-J.C. Love Field
    1972-The President's House
    http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/im...44ce75c2b4.pdf
    1973-Wyly Tower
    http://wikimapia.org/8197701/Wyly-Tower-of-Learning
    1982-Carson-Taylor Hall (renovated)
    1982-Lady Techsters Softball Complex
    1982-Thomas Assembly Center
    1982-Bogard Hall (renovated)
    1983-Howard Auditorium (renovated)
    1985-Engineering Annex (renovated)
    1985-Keeny Hall (renovated)
    1986-Dudley Hall (renovated)
    1986-Adams Hall (renovated)
    1986-Aswell Hall (renovated)
    1986-Student Center (renovated)
    1986-Adams Classroom (renovated)

I can't find the exact date, but I pretty sure that the old Kidd Residence Hall as well as Neilson & Caruthers dorms were built while Dr. Taylor was in charge.

http://www.ltadm.latech.edu/facilities/campus_map.htm

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I stayed in Kidd the summer of '68, and it was either brand new or relatively new, so I'm sure it was built in Taylor's tenure.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I stayed in Kidd the summer of '68, and it was either brand new or relatively new, so I'm sure it was built in Taylor's tenure.
    I'm sure TechAlum didn't mean anything when he wrote "old Kidd Residence Hall."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

How about the Natatorium? I know the pool itself has been around for awhile, when was the building structure built? Under FJ or DR?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    How about the Natatorium? I know the pool itself has been around for awhile, when was the building structure built? Under FJ or DR?
    DR

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Add the Lambright Sports Complex to buildings constructed during F.J.'s time.
    Last edited by Tech77; 03-09-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I'm sure TechAlum didn't mean anything when he wrote "old Kidd Residence Hall."
    I didn't catch that. But, yeah, I feel like I'm falling apart, too. Thankfully I lasted longer than the building did, hopefully way longer.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Pretty sure the Natatorium opened in 84 or 85. I think it was opened before DR was President.

So 1984? Quote from article linked:
    "In 1984, Tech constructed a roof (hereinafter the "Roof") over its swimming pool or Natatorium. As shown by a photo of the Natatorium (Appendix A), the Roof extends to within several feet of the ground with steel beams or buttresses sloping beyond the roof line to the ground. After hoisting himself up on one of the buttresses, a person would have to negotiate approximately 154 feet of the metal roof to its apex which is approximately 56 feet off the ground."
    "The shrubs were planted in 1984, the year that Tech's Natatorium roof was constructed."

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19992...N%20v.%20STATE
    Lawsuit of family of student who jumped off the roof.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How many of F. Jay Taylor (1962-87) era facilities are still standing? Looks right? Doesn't look much was done under DR regarding athletics except for a new soccer field and tennis courts.

Active
    J.C. Love Field
    Joe Aillet Stadium
    Thomas Assembly Center
    Softball Complex
    Nethken Hall
    Wyly Tower
    Bookstore
    Graham Hall
    Harper Hall

Demolished
    College of Administration and Business
    Kidd
    Caruthers
    Neilson
    Add the Intramural complex to the list of buildings raised under FJ Taylor's purview.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Add the Lambright Sports Complex to buildings constructed during F.J.'s time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Add the Intramural complex to the list of buildings raised under FJ Taylor's purview.
    Still not paying attention to your mentor 30+ years later.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Hmmm? What did DR build? What has fallen apart? When was Lomax Hall built?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Still not paying attention to your mentor 30+ years later.
    Once again, I posted that BEFORE I saw my "mentors" post much further down the thread.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

T-mo was our mentor... And we are not to forget that.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    T-mo was our mentor... And we are not to forget that.
    Bless you both.

+ Reply to Thread