+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conference USA Basketball Awards

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Conference USA Basketball Awards

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/...030915aab.html

2014-15 ALL-CONFERENCE USA FIRST TEAM
    Kenneth "Speedy" Smith, Louisiana Tech, Sr., G, 6-3, 180, St. Petersburg, Florida
    Trey Freeman, Old Dominion, Jr., G, 6-2, 175, Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Vince Hunter, UTEP, So., F, 6-8, 205, Detroit, Michigan
    Jeromie Hill, UTSA, Sr., F, 6-8, 250, Cairns, Australia
    T.J. Price, WKU, Sr., G, 6-4, 223, Slidell, Louisiana

2014-15 ALL-CONFERENCE USA SECOND TEAM
    Dennis Mavin, FIU, Sr., G, 6-3, 183, Gainesville, Florida
    Raheem Appleby, Louisiana Tech, Sr., G, 6-4, 160, Jacksonville, Arkansas
    Alex Hamilton, Louisiana Tech, Jr., G, 6-4, 190, Chipley, Florida

Seth Gearhart, Rice, Sr., F, 6-7, 215, Wilsonville, Oregon
    George Fant, WKU, Sr., F, 6-6, 250, Bowling Green, Kentucky

2014-15 ALL-CONFERENCE USA THIRD TEAM
    Pierriá Henry, Charlotte, Sr., G, 6-4, 188, Charleston, West Virginia
    Ryan Taylor, Marshall, So., F, 6-5, 225, Indianapolis, Indiana
    Jordan Williams, North Texas, Sr., G, 6-6, 202, Dallas, Texas
    Chip Armelin, Southern Miss, Sr., G, 6-4, 200, Sulphur, Louisiana
    Robert Brown, UAB, Jr., G, 6-5, 190, Clermont, Florida

The Conference USA All-Freshman and All-Defensive Teams, as well as superlative awards for Freshman of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year will be announced Tuesday. The C-USA Player of the Year and the C-USA Gene Bartow Coach of the Year will be unveiled on Wednesday.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Conference USA Basketball Awards

Kyser needs to be selected. Raheem should have been on the 1st team.

My unbiased opinion
    POY - Speedy
    COY - Mike White

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Really surprised Kyser isn't on any of the teams. Figured he would've at least made Third Team.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Complete blasphemy that Raheem isnt on the 1st team. You're telling me you would rather Price over Appleby? Yeah right. Politics at its finest. Kyser and McCree deserved to be on the second team. Dennis Marvin and Seth Gearhart? Who the heck are those guys? Heck McCree should be the Newcomer of the Year in the conference.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

UTSA's Jeromie Hill on 1st Team? Head scratcher there..

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Complete blasphemy that Raheem isnt on the 1st team. You're telling me you would rather Price over Appleby? Yeah right. Politics at its finest. Kyser and McCree deserved to be on the second team. Dennis Marvin and Seth Gearhart? Who the heck are those guys? Heck McCree should be the Newcomer of the Year in the conference.
    Seth Gearhart is actually really good if you watch CUSA games other than Tech's.
    If Speedy got POY then Trey Freeman would get Newcomer of the Year. McCree is no where close to Trey Freeman in term of leading team and production.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    UTSA's Jeromie Hill on 1st Team? Head scratcher there..
    Jeromie Hill is actually a complete player per stats 4th in point and 4th in rebounding. Not surprise in one bit that Kyser is not on the list - his only ranked stat is blocking and he is only 2nd. FIU's Diaz is first in block and he is not on the list either.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Players from 12 of the 14 teams made the All Conference USA team. Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee were not included. We had 3 players and WKU had 2.

I expect that every team is griping that one of their key players was left off. We can clearly make a case that McCree and Kyser should be recognized. I can think of several players from other teams that played really well in games I watched live, on TV, and on All-Access.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

The case can be made for McCree or Freeman as far as Newcomer of the Year. Freeman definitely leads his team in scoring and assists, but I dont base my opinions on stats. When McCree playing with a high level of energy and rebounding the basketball, Tech will not be beat. I havent seen Freeman outside of the Tech game, but I just feel like McCree is more valuable. Maybe I'm biased. As for the Rice guy, I'll take Kyser over him anyday, anywhere, anytime. You take Gearhart and I'll dominate that guy with Kyser in the post. Gearhart is a good player, but he is nowhere near Michale Kyser.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I think Vince Hunter is a huge stretch for 1st team. He seems to have terrible games against us.

I think you guys are underestimating Trey Freeman. He will likely be Player of the Year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

I think you guys are underestimating Trey Freeman. He will likely be Player of the Year.
    The announcers certainly had a crush on him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think Vince Hunter is a huge stretch for 1st team. He seems to have terrible games against us.

Watched UTEP and UAB play on TV. He announcers couldn't stop talking about Hunter and he played fairly average for almost the entire game. He is a strong guy with a lot of ability, but doesn't seem that special.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He is a strong guy with a lot of ability, but doesn't seem that special.
    TWSS about Champ 967.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Watched UTEP and UAB play on TV. He announcers couldn't stop talking about Hunter and he played fairly average for almost the entire game. He is a strong guy with a lot of ability, but doesn't seem that special.
    I still think Washburn is the most impressive player on UTEP and the one most likely to make it at the next level.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I still think Washburn is the most impressive player on UTEP and the one most likely to make it at the next level.
    I agree. Well...him and Cedrick Lang, UTEP's 6-10, 255 lb center. Lang handles a basketball very well for a big man.

+ Reply to Thread