+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First Round: FAU Game Thread

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 3/11 FAU game (C-USA 1st Round)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I thought the Lady Techsters were too good for the WNIT?
    No need to be that way. We all know that we are rebuilding a program and now need every extra game we can get for the younger players. Who knows? We might pull off some upsets yet and end up in the NCAA. You just never know.

I sure did like seeing Wingate play today and Frazier did what she does almost every game. All around great play today.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Just got home and read the game. Whew! It was deja vu all over again that first half.

Thank you Blind Dog, Latech & Dawg06 for bringing the play-by-play... and everyone else for the color commentary.

If I was Coach Summitt, I'd be tempted at this point to tell the girls tomorrow at 1:30 "we got here late and missed the first half, but fortunately there are 3 halves in tournament play. So go get 'em."

It really is screwy how this team does (and doesn't) play. Like y'all have said, the talent's there. I just keep hoping the light will come on for them and they'll put it all together.

[With this season in mind, and jumping ahead a few months... can you imagine what kind of conditioning regimen the incoming class is going to face this summer?!! ]

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Great Tech crowd there! The Hoop Troop was fired up and really made it a great atmosphere!

First half, Techsters played okay until that one referee started calling ticky-tack fouls every time FAU drove to the basket. I think she really, really wanted Tyler to say something else to her so she could T him up. That rattled the team and allowed FAU to make that run at the end of the half.

Second half, as we all know, was much better. And that one referee made few calls that half--seems she was told to swallow that whistle.

Go Techsters! We can beat MTSU if we play as great as we did in the second half today.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Second Half Leads @LATechWBB To Win

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Whitney Frazier scored 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead No. 7 seed Louisiana Tech to an 84-74 come-from-behind win over No. 10 seed Florida Atlantic Wednesday afternoon at Bartow Arena in the first round of the 2015 Conference USA Tournament.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    The women's NIT is a 64 team tournament. I think we'll probably make that bracket.
    I dunno. I don't know how many Division I Women's teams there are, but a team with just over a .500 record that was the # 7 seed in its conference tournament doesn't seem like it would be that attractive to the WNCAA or WNIT. I think we need to win the C-USA Tournament to make it for sure. Of course I guess there is always the "Summitt Factor".

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Well, after checking I see that there were 6 C-USA teams in the WNIT last year, so Tech getting a bid to the WNCAA or WNIT tournament is not out of the realm of possibility I guess. http://www.womensnit.com/news/wnit-6...ield-announced

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 3/11 UAB game (C-USA 1st Round)

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    53 points scored by Techsters in second half!
    Final... Techsters 84
    UAB 74
    What was the final score vs. FAU today?

I can see why we struggled, playing two teams at once ain't easy!

WTG Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

WTG Techsters!
    10 point win, after being down 11 at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Well, after checking I see that there were 6 C-USA teams in the WNIT last year, so Tech getting a bid to the WNCAA or WNIT tournament is not out of the realm of possibility I guess. http://www.womensnit.com/news/wnit-6...ield-announced
    Tournament title winner automatically goes to the NCAA. I, personally, think we need to win tomorrow to have a chance at the WNIT. MTSU is a tall order, but they dismissed their star player, so you never know...... If we play like we did in the second half today, we will win.

WKU has the inside track to win the tournament, but I am hoping someone upsets them before the final.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

We turned the ball over a lot in the first half and barely turned over in the second half. We rushed our plays in the first half which caused the turn over and quick transition points for FAU.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

YES!!! WTG Techsters!!

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

FAU ... UAB ... Maybe it would help to refer to Florida Atlantic University as FlAtU.

FlAtu barada nikto

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    FAU ... UAB ... Maybe it would help to refer to Florida Atlantic University as FlAtU.

FlAtu barada nikto
    I call FAU and FIU the FU twins.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

WTG Techsters!
    Sorry folks! Some times my mind and fingers don't always work together!
    Don't have a clue why I kept saying UAB! I knew it was FAU... Just call me stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Don't have a clue why I kept saying UAB! I knew it was FAU...
    Hey, for awhile FAU's 3-pointers were flying like UAVs flown out of the UAE.

UKWIM?

+ Reply to Thread