+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Terrific story by Isabella

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Terrific story by Isabella

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    We'll agree to disagree. Sean has more freedom than any Tech beat writer since I started following the team -- and that includes Beder, Conley and Roser. That has a lot to do with it. If those three had been covering Tech in a similar setup as what is available today, you'd have seen very similar stories. None of them lacked a work ethic or desire for quality coverage. However, the previous three were hamstrung a lot more than Isabella is.
    So what has changed as far as News Star giving Isabella more freedom in covering Tech sports than previous writers?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    So what has changed as far as News Star giving Isabella more freedom in covering Tech sports than previous writers?
    Freedom? I thought that News Star assigned him to cover Tech and Grambling.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I see. So the others are as good as Isabella, it's just that TNS never gave them a chance to prove it? Sorry. I'll just go with what I've seen, not what you (and Clyde) think.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Freedom? I thought that News Star assigned him to cover Tech and Grambling.
    Gannett has moved to a more reporter-driven model as part of the latest restructuring. Before, there was a sports editor who basically determined what events got covered, what stories ran, where stories were placed in the paper, etc. In a lot of ways, Beder, Conley and Roser weren't allowed to do as much as they wanted to do. I guarantee you, Conley and Roser could have done a whole lot more under the current structure. (Just look what Roser has done at Nola.com; he's one of the premier authorities on high school sports in Louisiana because they've allowed him to be.)
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Gannett has moved to a more reporter-driven model as part of the latest restructuring. Before, there was a sports editor who basically determined what events got covered, what stories ran, where stories were placed in the paper, etc. In a lot of ways, Beder, Conley and Roser weren't allowed to do as much as they wanted to do. I guarantee you, Conley and Roser could have done a whole lot more under the current structure. (Just look what Roser has done at Nola.com; he's one of the premier authorities on high school sports in Louisiana because they've allowed him to be.)
    And the person for The Times who determines which Isabella articles are printed in the paper, published online, chopped off, or completely ignored is??

Puppy SummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her game

Thumbs Up Re: Terrific story by Isabella

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    Good story. IMHO, someone who is going to Alabama Thursday should absolutely take a "FINISH" sign with them and hold it up. Our twelfth man cannot travel Thursday. Those that can take a sign! If you need me to make it, let me know. I will have it ready before you leave for Alabama!! FINISH DAWGS!!
    Done

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggy View Post
    Done
    See you there. Time to cook up some Rice.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    See you there. Time to cook up some Rice.
    If we defend the right way, Rice won't beat us.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

In this latest remodel Dec. 1 of the state's Gannett newsrooms 99% of the staff were required to go before a panel of editors/GMs/HR people to be "interviewed for their jobs" to stay employed by Gannett....regardless of years of experience (one newsroom employee had 32 years of experience). I was told one of the only ones who did not have to interview was Guilbeau, the LSU beatster. Reason why? "Oh, he's an expert" the panel replied.

REALLY?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Gannett has moved to a more reporter-driven model as part of the latest restructuring. Before, there was a sports editor who basically determined what events got covered, what stories ran, where stories were placed in the paper, etc. In a lot of ways, I was not allowed to do as much as I wanted to do. I guarantee you, Conley and Roser could have done a whole lot more under the current structure. (Just look what Roser has done at Nola.com; he's one of the premier authorities on high school sports in Louisiana because they've allowed him to be.)
    ......woulda, coulda, shoulda,.......and I think I could have been LA Tech's best point guard ever, except I was "hamstrung" because I didn't get a scholarship offer.

I'll think I'll just apply your own logic. There was a coach who basically determined who got the scholarship offers, what players got to play, how often the players practiced, etc. In a lot of ways I wasn't allowed to do as much as i wanted to do. I guarantee you, I could have done a whole lot more under a better coaching structure.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Gannett has moved to a more reporter-driven model as part of the latest restructuring. Before, there was a sports editor who basically determined what events got covered, what stories ran, where stories were placed in the paper, etc. In a lot of ways, I was not allowed to do as much as I wanted to do. I guarantee you, Conley and Roser could have done a whole lot more under the current structure. (Just look what Roser has done at Nola.com; he's one of the premier authorities on high school sports in Louisiana because they've allowed him to be.)
    ......woulda, coulda, shoulda,.......and I think I could have been LA Tech's best point guard ever, except I was "hamstrung" because I didn't get a scholarship offer.

I'll think I'll just apply your own logic. There was a coach who basically determined who got the scholarship offers, what players got to play, how often the players practiced, etc. In a lot of ways I wasn't allowed to do as much as i wanted to do. I guarantee you, I could have done a whole lot more under a better coaching structure.

+ Reply to Thread