+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Like the Cubs winning a World Series....

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Like the Cubs winning a World Series....

I hope I live long enough to see a Louisiana Tech Men's Basketball team play in an NCAA tournament again. 1991 is a distant memory.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Like the Cubs winning a World Series....

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    I hope I live long enough to see a Louisiana Tech Men's Basketball team play in an NCAA tournament again. 1991 is a distant memory.
    We all better stop drinking. Unfortunately, the continued performance of Tech teams makes that impossible catch22

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So, has Mike White reached his pinnacle of development as a head coach?

This is pertinent to the thread subject because I'm no longer sure White can get us there. Coach White made a HUGE mistake last night by putting the ball in Appleby's hands at the end of regulation. Speedy brought us back from the brink of death IN SPITE OF Appleby's silly missed jump shots down the stretch. Speedy had the hot hand, and Appleby didn't. The ball should have been put in the hands of the CUSA Player of the Year, not the guy that's shooting about 20% from the field.

This is not 2nd guessing. I said the same thing in the game thread during the last break BEFORE the last throw-in at the end of regulation. LA Tech could have EASILY won the game in that situation by simply giving the ball to Speedy and letting him drive the basket for, 1) a score, or 2) a dish, or 3) to draw a foul. Any of those options, and we win. But instead of giong with those 3 options, White chose to box himself in with one poor option: let Appleby shoot again.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see coach take a post player and make him dominant. If he can't develop Holden or White to compliment the gifted guards we have, I will agree he is topped out. That is all he has either not tried or tried and failed at in his time here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    It's gotten so bad you're comparing us to the Cubs? Sheeeesh!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's gotten so bad you're comparing us to the Cubs? Sheeeesh!
    The Cubs will win a World Series within the next 4 years, and I wouldn't be surprised if its this year or next.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

That would be awesome

+ Reply to Thread