+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know who Tech is scheduled to play in 2015-2016

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Anyone know who Tech is scheduled to play in 2015-2016

I hope White loads the schedule w/ some big opponents and doesn't try for any non D1

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Anyone know who Tech is scheduled to play in 2015-2016

I don't know, but unless we bought any of these games, I think we're stuck with these 3 awful road games:
    at McNeese State (current RPI 279)
    at Samford (current RPI 305)
    at Nicholls State (current RPI 321)
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-19-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I think the problem is getting the big opponents to play us.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I think the problem is getting the big opponents to play us.
    We'll always be able to get a couple money games against big opponents, but Tech and UTSA are the only C-USA schools that haven't hosted a power conference team in the last couple years. I think our biggest scheduling problems are that Coach White has not been able to get us into a good tournament like the other top programs in C-USA have done, and then we schedule home-and-homes with the dregs of Division I basketball.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-19-2015 at 02:08 AM.

For next season, there are only 3 bracketed tournaments still possibly open to us:
    - NIT Season Tip-Off (Villanova, +3 spots)
    - Las Vegas Invitational (West Virginia, San Diego State, +2 spots)
    - Great Alaska Shootout (Alaska-Anchorage, CSU-Bakersfield, Loyola-Chicago, +5 spots)

No Longer Options:
    - Corpus Christi Challenge (UTEP)
    - Hall of Fame Tip-Off (Old Dominion)
    - Emerald Coast Classic (UAB)
    - Gulf Coast Showcase (WKU)
    - Battle 4 Atlantis (Charlotte)
    - Coaches vs Cancer Classic (2014-15)
    - CBE Hall of Fame Classic (2012-13)
    - Puerto Rico Tip-Off (full)
    - Charleston Classic (full)
    - Paridise Jam (full)
    - Orlando Classic (full)
    - The Wooden Legacy (full)

Only visitor sideshow spots remaining:
    - 2K Sports Classic
    - Maui on the Mainland
    - Legends Classic
    - MGM Grand Main Event
    - Cancun Challenge
    - Barclays Center Classic
    - Las Vegas Classic

Our only other option will likely be to play in some round robin against mediocre competition.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We need to add some lower B12 and SEC teams, even on the road (if we absolutely can't get them to the TAC). Their rpi will be decent, even if they are average. That seems to be the way it works.

Puppy C-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We need to add some lower B12 and SEC teams, even on the road (if we absolutely can't get them to the TAC). Their rpi will be decent, even if they are average. That seems to be the way it works.
    These are the teams that WILL NOT play us. This game doesn't help them at all and they know they will more than likely lose this game.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Our rpi could of been 29 and lost in the conference finals and probably still not of made it as an at large...

Fact is - we can not afford two home and homes when it cost us $30K plus in travel expenses

They have to be bus trips within 6 to 8 hours - there are NOT a lot of opportunities out there with those willing to schedule us

It's that simple

Schedule who ever you can and who ever will schedule you and win as many of those games you can and then payoff the conference off to get the breaks you need in the conference tourney

That said - when all is said and done I think our OOC SOS takes about a 100pt jump this year solely due to the 3 seniors leaving

We will play 3 money games and have a chance in all of them just like the last two years - just hope we get some bounces and steal one of them
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

That said - when all is said and done I think our OOC SOS takes about a 100pt jump this year solely due to the 3 seniors leaving
    They didn't notice our bench.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I've always wondered why we couldn't play more games against teams like:

Davidson, Belmont, SFA, Wofford, Murray State, Florida Gulf Coast, Mercer, Winthrop, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, Wichita State, or Eastern Kentucky.

These smaller conference schools traditionally have good RPIs and make a run at the NCAA tournament every year. I would think it would be a deal that would help Tech and our opponents. What am I missing?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post

Davidson, Belmont, SFA, Wofford, Murray State, Florida Gulf Coast, Mercer, Winthrop, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, Wichita State, or Eastern Kentucky.

These smaller conference schools traditionally have good RPIs and make a run at the NCAA tournament every year. I would think it would be a deal that would help Tech and our opponents. What am I missing?
    Probably none of them wanting to play in the TAC. Looking at our home record, I am surprised we can get any OOC team to come play.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Yep,. we need to get with some of the teams like the ones above, who have the same issues we have, and set up something. If nothing else, maybe a tournament which rotates hosts each year.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

SFA has historically been on our schedule - they just got good the last three years - bad timing and both had schedule slots that didn't work this year

Wichita State is a BIG and only wants home games they can buy

They other - its an issue of $$$$ - they are NOT bus trips and all are long trips and costs for a home and home if you look at their OOC they also schedule bus trips for all of their home and homes

I would much rather HAVE a one off money game than a home and home we lose money on

And outside of Belmont most of those schools could revert back to a sub 200 the NEXT year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I want some of Duke in the TAC. Think Mike can call his dad and set it up?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    SFA has historically been on our schedule - they just got good the last three years - bad timing and both had schedule slots that didn't work this year

Wichita State is a BIG and only wants home games they can buy

They other - its an issue of $$$$ - they are NOT bus trips and all are long trips and costs for a home and home if you look at their OOC they also schedule bus trips for all of their home and homes

I would much rather HAVE a one off money game than a home and home we lose money on

And outside of Belmont most of those schools could revert back to a sub 200 the NEXT year
    Here is the information I had for the last three years on the teams I mentioned:

Davidson - 11.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 76
    Belmont - 8 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 58
    SFA - 2.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 51

Wofford - 10 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 150
    Murray State - 7.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 92
    Florida Gulf Coast - 14.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 128
    Mercer - 9 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 127
    Winthrop - 11 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 218
    Missouri State - 6.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 177
    Northern Iowa - 13.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 70
    Wichita State - 9 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 13
    Eastern Kentucky - 11.5 hours away - Three Year RPI Average: 102

I would think we could at least work out a deal with 3 out of the 4 in green. Can we not agree to simply play a one and done with Wichita? I just think that it is beneficial for our school and those mentioned to have a good program on the schedule rather than gamble with a team you're hoping does well.

+ Reply to Thread