Since I have gotten back into bowling I have noted that there is a lot of bowling that is shown via live streams on YouTube. My SmartTV and my ChromeCast/phone make it possible for me to watch these streams without too much of a hassle. 90% of you can as well.

You can catch NBA D-League games just about every night on YouTube live. This weekend I found fencing, womens curling world championships, the Carolina Nationals BMX competition, go-kart racing from Florida and USA Cycling mountain biking competition. Most of this stuff was produced at a surprisingly entertaining level and a good bit of it was in HD. There was even a top notch table-tennis competition online as well as some pro-level soccer from south of the border and college hockey. This is the kind of stuff that made ESPN happen back in the day. I feel like I have found a gold mine of interesting things to watch.

Anyway, I bring this up for one reason.

The Southland Bowling Championships was this weekend. Many of the teams in our conference had live streams of the teams so you could watch remotely. We did not.

I know we have pay streams. That is fine and dandy for the hardcore Tech fan. There are other schools that broadcast their non-revenue sports on YouTube FOR FREE. In fact an MTSU-FIU baseball game was on today on a stream published by the university. We should do this NOW even if it is only select events.