+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-hire Mike White

Puppy SummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her game

Re-hire Mike White

Espn announcers said tonight, no disrespect to ruston or louisiana tech, but HCMW won't be around much longer. I disagree. I think he could be happy to stay for another 100 wins. But Tech needs our help to keep him. We need to Re-hire him, and we need money to do so. So I will commit to buying 4 EXTRA season tickets next year if he is still in Ruston. Who's with me? Will you help tech Re-hire a Mike White?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Re-hire Mike White

I will have to. I've always just have purchased two knowing I usually need four. We would move wherever we needed to so we could sit together. It got impossible to sit in the red with that method and we had to sit higher and higher in the blue as the season progressed.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I had already planned to buy 2 for next season, but I may bump up to 4.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I dont think there is any way he leaves. He loves Ruston and he loves this fan base. Listening to him on the postgame show last night I believe he will be here quite a while.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Let's just enjoy it for now.

He will leave eventually. He has already been here longer than most thought he would.

Back in 2001 when he told us he would win over 100 games in his first four years, everybody thought he was crazy.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We already have him hired.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Come on guys, enough with the sunshine pumping. We've seen this happen too often over the years. We can't afford what the big guys can. Period.

If the right school comes offering with enough $$$, he is gone.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Just pay him fairly and continue to give him "stuff" for his assistants...

What will be will be -

Make him have to make a tough decision....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Just pay him fairly and continue to give him "stuff" for his assistants...

What will be will be -

Make him have to make a tough decision....
    I agree. All we can do is continue to promote and support the program. Pay the man what he's worth, and give him enough to keep his assistants around and enough to continue to recruit good players.

We've already proven we can "compete" with the "bigger" schools on this when he turned down Tennessee. I'm not saying he'll be here forever, but there's obviously some mutual interest in him being here.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I agree. All we can do is continue to promote and support the program. Pay the man what he's worth, and give him enough to keep his assistants around and enough to continue to recruit good players.

We've already proven we can "compete" with the "bigger" schools on this when he turned down Tennessee. I'm not saying he'll be here forever, but there's obviously some mutual interest in him being here.

We can't compete with their money, sure. But I would argue that schools like VCU, Wichita St, Butler, and all the highly successful programs from "non-power" conferences have given their coaches control over the program that power conference schools can't provide due to nosy, entitled boosters and control freak ADs/administrations. These schools just hired well, provided necessary resources, and let the coach run his program with minimal micro-managing because he gets results. I think Coach White fits in that category. As a guy who likes this kind of hands-off oversight myself, that would go a LONG way towards contributing to my job satisfaction.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    nosy, entitled boosters
    Sure glad we dont have any of those types ....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    We can't compete with their money, sure. But I would argue that schools like VCU, Wichita St, Butler, and all the highly successful programs from "non-power" conferences have given their coaches control over the program that power conference schools can't provide due to nosy, entitled boosters and control freak ADs/administrations. These schools just hired well, provided necessary resources, and let the coach run his program with minimal micro-managing because he gets results. I think Coach White fits in that category. As a guy who likes this kind of hands-off oversight myself, that would go a LONG way towards contributing to my job satisfaction.
    The Koch Brothers at Wichita State are very nosy and have their hands all over the program - Marshall makes over $1.2 million a year and they have a $22+ million dollar athletic budget without football

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    He loves Ruston.
    They all do don't they?

Now that you have said that; he gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The Koch Brothers at Wichita State are very nosy and have their hands all over the program - Marshall makes over $1.2 million a year and they have a $22+ million dollar athletic budget without football
    Correction - he makes over $2 million a year

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Sure glad we dont have any of those types ....
    I was just thinking the same thing. Lol.

+ Reply to Thread