+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Tech to build new Assembly Center

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Tech to build new Assembly Center

A new article has been posted on
    www.latechsports.com:

Tech to build new Assembly Center

tac.jpg

The final remnants of the Thomas Assembly Center were cleared Monday to make room for a new sports arena to be built on the same hill above Joe Aillet Stadium for the basketball teams at Louisiana Tech University.

The TAC demolition was funded with monies left over from the tearing down of Neilson and Caruthers dormitories across the railroad tracks.

Tech president Dr. Les Guice said construction on the new arena cannot come soon enough. “You know basketball season is just eight months away.

“Athletics Director Thomas McClelland and I have come up with a plan for a new Assembly Center, but we could not wait for the normal approval process. So, hey, why fool around when we can use those monies left over from the dorm demolitions? Their equipment was still on campus and the men needed the work,” said Guice, who awaits his official anointment and incarnation as the new Tech president in an official ceremony April 8. “Yeah, we had to move my anointment over to Howard Auditorium. I hope we can get all the politicians in there who have helped higher education in Louisiana the last few years.”

McClelland said the new arena, which will seat 11,894 for games and graduations, will feature luxury suites at the top of the bottom level. “The students are really going to like it,” T-Mac said. “There will be the Johnny’s Pizza party center at one end of the bottom level. The students will be able to enter and go right to the party center and then view the game from that end. Unfortunately, we cannot seat the students near the floor because Coach Michael White’s new contract extension allows him to sell seats in the ‘old’ student section and on the floor to our new boosters . . . you know, the ones who can’t get seats in Section 107? Our wine and beer consumption by the floor people this past Dunkin’ Dogs season was really flowing for those ground level front row seat holders, so we’re thinking about doing the same for the student pizza place at the concourse.”

“The season ticket holders have complained about restrooms, concessions, souvenir areas, the location of the band, the new sound system. Actually, they’ve complained about everything in the building but the Paul Millsap/Community Trust video boards . . . so while the NIT was going on I suggested to Dr. Guice we just tear down the TAC and start over,” McClelland said. “Oh, and Paul’s having a good year. He’ll buy us a bigger and better scoreboard!”

And, a new basketball floor?

“Oh, I know a disgruntled postal worker who really wants to help us and be supportive of his alma mater,” McClelland said.

Coach White arrived at his temporary Scotty Robertson Memorial Gym office Monday morning to work on the layout plans of the new TAC. He was surprised the dumpy TAC had been torn down
    “Tech said they would do everything in their power to keep me here,” said Coach White. “I mean we averaged 4,186 at home this season, highest in history. Our team set a ton of records; we won back-to-back conference regular season championships; back-to-back NIT appearances; 28-1 record at the TAC; and 29 wins each of the last two years.

“We do need to set the date for a ground-breaking ceremony. You know those types of ceremonies do take a while to plan and set up around here.

“Rebuilding the TAC is the least the administration could do,” added Coach White. “I mean, it’s now all about the Dunkin’ Dogs!”

Former Lady Techster coach Teresa Weatherspoon couldn’t be reached for comment, BUT former AD Bruce van de Velde could. "I am proud to have accomplished this – and another men’s basketball championship, the first in our rookie C-USA year -- even though I was in Wisconsin for the past few months,” BvdV said. “Some of the credit for the new building and the basketball success should go to …… Wait a minute: who am I fooling? All of the credit should go to me.”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Tech to build new Assembly Center

Glad I was on campus Monday to get a photo to show y'all this IS happening.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Nobody believes anything posted on April 1st.....

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

This. Was. Hilarious.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I hope they put suites like they have at CenturyLink!!! I'm sure several of my colleagues at my company would pitch in for one!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I can't wait! MeTooU will try to copy us.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Fant-Ewing was detonated at 8:43 this morning.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    that would be the best part of the joke.... some of those fools would do it

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

WHAT?!?!?!?! Did they get the old Dunkin' Dawgs sign out first????

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!?! Did they get the old Dunkin' Dawgs sign out first????
    Straight down to the ground, signs, awards, and trophies and all. Fresh start.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

roflmao I almost shit myself, i was upset that they would tear it down without giving us a chance to buy things from the tac.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeah, why would anyone believe a new hire for WBB announced on April 1st?

On that thought, I've decided to sell the rights to my seats in the TAC for Lady Techsters games. The rights will be sold to the one with the highest bid at the end of the day. Let the bidding begin. Payment expected within one week.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    roflmao I almost shit myself, i was upset that they would tear it down without giving us a chance to buy things from the tac.
    Please tell me you weren't gullible enough to believe this for even a second?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Except for NLU fans who get punked into believing we cancelled the long-awaited renewal of our football rivalry with them! That was classic.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Classic!
    Epic!
    Best sequence of the day.
    Thanks for playing along.
    (My Coach Mick will join the radio network is still my classic!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread