+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball. LA Tech-ULM Adjust Baseball Series

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. LA Tech-ULM Adjust Baseball Series

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The way I look at it. We got a nice big target on ourselves. Whether it's from uslull, nlulm, nsula, whomever. That's the way the Bulldogs roll.

It's hard to be humble. So, please, just get over the pettiness and choose your battles.
    THIS.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Should LSU never play us? The same thing happens at our events when an LSU score is announced and they are behind. Probably not the biggest applause of the night, but a fairly heavy amount of applause. As far as their AD courting Tech alumni for money, I wonder how choosy we are in deciding from whom we will take money? The money given is on the head of the Tech alum, not ULM's AD.

If we were in an NIT game and it coincided with a Tech-ULM baseball game, we might make the same request. Our saying no to their request, especially without a good reason (something other than those you've listed here) would just be petty.

I don't know whether we should or should not have accommodated ULM's request; I don't know the specifics. I'm just wondering whether you think we should be held to the same standard to which ULM is (by you).
    What are you talking about? You are just being a contrarian to be a contrarian. Should LSU play us? That's their decision. What does that have to do with this? You totally missed the point. I'm not criticizing ULM fans for cheering. I don't criticize fans or student-athletes. I only criticize the supposed professionals (admin, coaches, media) who get paid to do their jobs. The issue I had was with the low class move by the juco's PA announcer who used a mid-first half Tech score only to get their fans fired up down the stretch of their game. And you of all people know that I hold Tech's admin to the highest standards. I've never heard Jimmy do anything like this nor heard anybody mention Jimmy doing anything like this. Throughout all the years Jimmy has been on PA, the only thing I recall him saying that he shouldn't have was calling UCA by their women's nickname, but I don't know if that was intentional or not. And if a Tech-ULM game in any sport conflicted with our NIT game, I'd be happy with it because the Tech-ULM game wouldn't be played up as big by the local media. Like I said, I don't think we should be playing them in anything anyway.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-26-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What are you talking about? You are just trying to argue to argue. Should LSU play us? That's their decision. What does that have to do with this? You totally missed the point. I'm not criticizing ULM fans for cheering. I don't ever criticize fans or student-athletes. I only criticize the supposed professionals who get paid to do their jobs. The issue I had was with the low class move by the juco's PA announcer who used a mid-first half Tech score only to get their fans fired up down the stretch of their game. And you of all people know that I hold Tech's admin to the highest of standards. I've never heard Jimmy do anything like this nor heard anybody mention Jimmy doing anything like this. Throughout all the years Jimmy has been on PA, the only thing I recall him saying that he shouldn't have was calling UCA by their women's nickname, but I don't know if that was intentional or not.
    Sugar Bears. That made me snicker.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Sugar Bears. That made me snicker.
    And IIRC Jimmy issued UCA an apology.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

How would it have been a PR disaster if we declined their request? It wouldn't have been a story.
    The headlines from every media outlet including the guys in S'Port would have been worse than when they took Dooley's Tech function comments and turned them against us. Also, the cowardly politicians love to feed on that kind of crap. It was not an issue to delay the game especially since we had no time between the Grambling game anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Oh, I never said Jimmy said anything he should not have said. I said I wish we did not report the nlulm score during our games.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Oh, I never said Jimmy said anything he should not have said. I said I wish we did not report the nlulm score during our games.
    When has Jimmy ever reported another school's score at one of our basketball games? The only other results I've ever heard him announce are if one of Tech's other teams wins (i.e., WBB, baseball, softball) or if one of our T&F athletes sets a new record or wins a championship.

The headlines from every media outlet including the guys in S'Port would have been worse than when they took Dooley's Tech function comments and turned them against us. Also, the cowardly politicians love to feed on that kind of crap. It was not an issue to delay the game especially since we had no time between the Grambling game anyway.
    No game was delayed. We swapped locations so ULM wouldn't lose its biggest baseball gate of the year and ensured that no ULM fans would make the trip to Ruston. We hurt our bottom line to help pay off their debt just to avoid a mythical PR disaster? That's just foolish IMO.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-26-2015 at 04:55 PM.

When has Jimmy ever reported another school's score at one of our basketball games? The only other results I've ever heard him announce are if one of Tech's other teams wins (i.e., WBB, baseball, softball) or if one of our T&F athletes sets a new record or wins a championship.
    I said it didn't occur during basketball games. I was referring to giving football score out during football games. Jimmy and other PA guys have done that over the years. Just skip giving the nlulm score.

I said it didn't occur during basketball games. I was referring to giving football score out during football games. Jimmy and other PA guys have done that over the years. Just skip giving the nlulm score.
    I don't ever remember our PA singling out another school's score to fire up our fans, and I honestly don't think we've announced other schools' scores at football games since the Dooleytron was built in 2009. Our PA simply directs people to the video board to see other scores around the country.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-26-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I plan on The ULM pa announcer being my opening rant on Tuesday night. I would have had no problem with them giving the Tech score IF they would have given the other NIT scores as well as the Tech game. I was at both of the CBI games and they never mentioned another NIT game...Corey Crowe is a douche bag who went out of his way to do it. He wasn't told to do this by anyone at ULM to do it. I talked to a ULM admin after it happened and told him how Bush league that was and he agreed. I think even worse than that was the guy telling folks to get tickets for the championship game when it was an 8 point game with 40 seconds to go and Vermont throwing the ball in.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I plan on The ULM pa announcer being my opening rant on Tuesday night. I would have had no problem with them giving the Tech score IF they would have given the other NIT scores as well as the Tech game. I was at both of the CBI games and they never mentioned another NIT game...Corey Crowe is a douche bag who went out of his way to do it. He wasn't told to do this by anyone at ULM to do it. I talked to a ULM admin after it happened and told him how Bush league that was and he agreed. I think even worse than that was the guy telling folks to get tickets for the championship game when it was an 8 point game with 40 seconds to go and Vermont throwing the ball in.
    Thanks for sharing, and glad to have you back on the air. Hope your new show takes off.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Now that we got that settled . . .
    When nlulm comes to the Love Shack, can we charge maroon and gold clothed folks double price to sit with our right field bunch? They love to come to Ruston and not spend a dime . . . . .

(Their former baseball coach even encouraged it . . . .)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I wonder if this had anything to do with Tech boosters purchasing the ULM baseline party section to use an informal Tech gathering. I would bet that ULM got wind of that and switching dates allows them to kick out the Tech boosters that were scheduled to be down the 3rd base line.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

From the Warhawk Nation board. I'll just leave this right here.

DRIDRNDN - "Why are we making up a game against the juco west of here. We really need to cancel all games against them as they do absolutely nothing for us. Any success we have had in basketball and football have come after our end in playing them. Seperation has been great for our programs. I thought that we had decided years back to not play in any sport? I hope our basball teams struggle doesnt leave us with an embarassing loss in a sport that we routinely dominated them in."

I spent 5 minutes looking it up (which is apparently 5 minutes longer than DRIDRNDN did). All time history of the TECH/UL-Monroe Baseball series is TECH 77-63. Additionally, from what I saw, TECH leads the 2000-2008 series 12 games to 7...and I don't think we've played them since 2008. So much for "routinely dominated"

+ Reply to Thread