+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball. LA Tech-ULM Adjust Baseball Series

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech-ULM Adjust Baseball Series

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    From the Warhawk Nation board. I'll just leave this right here.

DRIDRNDN - "Why are we making up a game against the juco west of here. We really need to cancel all games against them as they do absolutely nothing for us. Any success we have had in basketball and football have come after our end in playing them. Seperation has been great for our programs. I thought that we had decided years back to not play in any sport? I hope our basball teams struggle doesnt leave us with an embarassing loss in a sport that we routinely dominated them in."

I spent 5 minutes looking it up (which is apparently 5 minutes longer than DRIDRNDN did). All time history of the TECH/UL-Monroe Baseball series is TECH 77-63. Additionally, from what I saw, TECH leads the 2000-2008 series 12 games to 7...and I don't think we've played them since 2008. So much for "routinely dominated"
    You can't call someone "juco" when your school academics is not better than theirs.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    You can't call someone "juco" when your school academics is not better than theirs.
    Or when, you know, you actually were a Junior College. Since, yknow, Ouachita Parish Junior College. haha, n00b

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

They are too stupid to know why we call them the JUCO. At least they know a good taunt when they steal one.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't ever remember our PA singling out another school's score to fire up our fans, and I honestly don't think we've announced other schools' scores at football games since the Dooleytron was built in 2009. Our PA simply directs people to the video board to see other scores around the country.
    You complained about what nlulm did last night. I agreed and stated that our fans would have done the same. They have many times when the nlulm score was announced.

I never said J.W did what they did last night. I said we should not give the score at all.

We have continued to give scores on our PA system since the jumbotron was built.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Or when, you know, you actually were a Junior College. Since, yknow, Ouachita Parish Junior College. haha, n00b
    I've heard of self-deprecating humor...but self-deprecating insults? That's a new one.

Dude's "brilliance" is blinding, isn't it?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

We've done the same in Football... announcing lspoo scores when they are losing... I always cheer.

Anyways... this is so petty that it should be getting about as much attention as the BoP's "We Have Football" chant.... oh wait.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What are you talking about? You are just being a contrarian to be a contrarian. Should LSU play us? That's their decision. What does that have to do with this? You totally missed the point. I'm not criticizing ULM fans for cheering. I don't criticize fans or student-athletes. I only criticize the supposed professionals (admin, coaches, media) who get paid to do their jobs. The issue I had was with the low class move by the juco's PA announcer who used a mid-first half Tech score only to get their fans fired up down the stretch of their game. And you of all people know that I hold Tech's admin to the highest standards. I've never heard Jimmy do anything like this nor heard anybody mention Jimmy doing anything like this. Throughout all the years Jimmy has been on PA, the only thing I recall him saying that he shouldn't have was calling UCA by their women's nickname, but I don't know if that was intentional or not. And if a Tech-ULM game in any sport conflicted with our NIT game, I'd be happy with it because the Tech-ULM game wouldn't be played up as big by the local media. Like I said, I don't think we should be playing them in anything anyway.
    If I "totally missed the point" it's because the point was unclear. You did mention their PA guy, but you also talked about their fans giving it the loudest applause of the night, so I wasn't sure at whom your post was directed.

What does LSU playing us have to do with this? You said we shouldn't accommodate ULM because of this incident (and SelloutGate and their AD's solicitation of a Tech grad's money). I asked whether LSU shouldn't play (accommodate) us because we do the same thing (at football games). I see you've posted we don't announce scores anymore since Dawgzilla, but I am certain we still do, and when it's a losing score from LSU, it is provided after all other scores and with a flair for the dramatic (e.g., "LSU 14...Alabama...28) and loud cheering ensues.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Now that we got that settled . . .
    When nlulm comes to the Love Shack, can we charge maroon and gold clothed folks double price to sit with our right field bunch? They love to come to Ruston and not spend a dime . . . . .

(Their former baseball coach even encouraged it . . . .)
    How do we collect for tickets, if we do, from those in the right field bunch. That area is beyond the Love Shack boundry and some is actually railroad property. No fences, etc. If not, could it be arranged?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    How do we collect for tickets, if we do, from those in the right field bunch. That area is beyond the Love Shack boundry and some is actually railroad property. No fences, etc. If not, could it be arranged?
    Probably not, or it would have already been done. . .

Speaking of April 22 at nlulm, I noticed the WM/WOuachita Chamber of Commerce is having a big social that night at the Warchicken diamond.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    From the Warhawk Nation board. I'll just leave this right here.

DRIDRNDN - "Why are we making up a game against the juco west of here. We really need to cancel all games against them as they do absolutely nothing for us. Any success we have had in basketball and football have come after our end in playing them. Seperation has been great for our programs. I thought that we had decided years back to not play in any sport? I hope our basball teams struggle doesnt leave us with an embarassing loss in a sport that we routinely dominated them in."

I spent 5 minutes looking it up (which is apparently 5 minutes longer than DRIDRNDN did). All time history of the TECH/UL-Monroe Baseball series is TECH 77-63. Additionally, from what I saw, TECH leads the 2000-2008 series 12 games to 7...and I don't think we've played them since 2008. So much for "routinely dominated"
    In the interest of historical accuracy, I borrowed your information to respond to "dridrndn." They have 6-8 posters over there and I think they all have me on ignore anyway, so it probably will not be read. If it is someone will cuss me. They aren't very friendly, but not as bad as the @ Lafayette folks.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    In the interest of historical accuracy, I borrowed your information to respond to "dridrndn." They have 6-8 posters over there and I think they all have me on ignore anyway, so it probably will not be read. If it is someone will cuss me. They aren't very friendly, but not as bad as the @ Lafayette folks.
    I bumped it so the ignorers can't ignore.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I bumped it so the ignorers can't ignore.
    Over the past 30 years, ULM has had a better baseball program, plain and simple.

Without looking it up, I'm guessing from 1985-2015 we are close to .500 with them at worst.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

WarkhawkNation Thread: technical juco

My point is that we are down now and makes no sense to play Tech. It does nothing for our program.

It looks when they field a competitive team they want to play us? But when they are down, don't play Tech.

Hope you will come and watch the only team in Louisiana playing basketball next Wednesday.
    CBI < NCAA or NIT
    He probably thinks CBI is a prestigious tournament.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Over the past 30 years, ULM has had a better baseball program, plain and simple.

Without looking it up, I'm guessing from 1985-2015 we are close to .500 with them at worst.
    From 1985 - 2015, Tech leads the series 36-24 for a 60% win margin.

Interesting series trivia:

1) 10 of their 24 victories in the last 30 years over the Bulldogs occurred between 1995-99. This would be the ONLY period of time in the series that the Indians would "routinely dominate" the Bulldogs. We didn't beat them a single time we played in those 5 seasons...Tech went 0-10 against the Indians.
    2) 24 of OUR 36 victories in the last 30 years over the Indians/Warhawks occurred between 1985-94. The record in that decade: Tech 24, NLU 7

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

For what its worth I heard an interview with ULM Coach Petty on the radio yesterday and he was very appreciative of Coach Goff for allowing the game to be played in Ruston and said it was a classy move on Tech's behalf. Coach Goff has played Coach Petty while he was at Campbell so I look for this to be a series played each year. Coach Petty also mentioned that maybe the two schools could play a 3 game midweek series over the course of the year and the winner gets a trophy to show the bragging rights. I like the thought of that.

+ Reply to Thread