+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 Basketball Roster

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: 2015-2016 Basketball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Kid didn't make grades and if the slight chance he did, it was evident he wasn't going to happy with his playing time that he was going to be starting out with - so we let him go with our blessings (Cause if he doesn't qualify it costs us a ride for one year)

Freed up a slot of another big or another PG or transfer who is immediately eligible with better grades and a happier frame of mind

Kid gets to go and play immediately in a system with a coach who he is familiar with and Larry C gets a high caliber talent kid he usually doesn't have a chance with at that level
    Granted, we don't need someone on the roster who likely won't make the grades required to remain eligible. I'll give you a "win" on that one.

We have an open roster slot and it appears we are getting turned down by the prospects we want on the team. I'll give you a "don't know yet" on that one.

lsu-a should never have been granted 4-year college status; they should have been kept a juco. All they do is suck public funding away from legitimate universities such as Tech. It would please me if they had only club sports at lsu-a. I'll give you a "LOSE" on that one.

My call on this is win - don't know yet - LOSE

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

P
    Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Granted, we don't need someone on the roster who likely won't make the grades required to remain eligible. I'll give you a "win" on that one.

We have an open roster slot and it appears we are getting turned down by the prospects we want on the team. I'll give you a "don't know yet" on that one.

lsu-a should never have been granted 4-year college status; they should have been kept a juco. All they do is suck public funding away from legitimate universities such as Tech. It would please me if they had only club sports at lsu-a. I'll give you a "LOSE" on that one.

My call on this is win - don't know yet - LOSE
    We have lost one player we have offered due to the player's coach's relationship with the SFA coach.

The professor can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think lsua offers full rides, I like Larry Cordaro a lot and think he is doing a wonderful job down there and someone we should keep an eye on for future reference

It's rare when all parties end up better off in these recruiting situations and in this one everybody did
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

We aren't stuck with a player that would be buried on the bench. We now have a scholly to upgrade from said player. Said player will not be buried on bench at LSUA, and LSUA gets a player they normally wouldn't get. Win-Win-Win.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I'm going to agree with both of you on certain points and call it a win-TBD-win. The one in the middle has potential to be a win, but we can't say we're upgrading a position until said player signs. Granted, I think MW and his staff will be able to turn it into a win, but I have to reserve judgment until I see this new guy's signature on some paperwork and some time on the TAC floor. An open scholly alone isn't a win.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I'm going to agree with both of you on certain points and call it a win-TBD-win. The one in the middle has potential to be a win, but we can't say we're upgrading a position until said player signs. Granted, I think MW and his staff will be able to turn it into a win, but I have to reserve judgment until I see this new guy's signature on some paperwork and some time on the TAC floor. An open scholly alone isn't a win.
    Neither is a scholarship player riding the pine.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    P

We have lost one player we have offered due to the player's coach's relationship with the SFA coach.

The professor can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think lsua offers full rides, I like Larry Cordaro a lot and think he is doing a wonderful job down there and someone we should keep an eye on for future reference

It's rare when all parties end up better off in these recruiting situations and in this one everybody did
    NAIA allows schools to give up to 10 scholarships for basketball. That can be 10 fulls or any combination adding up to 10. However, due to serious funding constraints, my understanding is LSUA is only offering about 2.5 to 3 scholarships for basketball at this time. I'm not sure that will ever get up to 10.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    NAIA allows schools to give up to 10 scholarships for basketball. That can be 10 fulls or any combination adding up to 10. However, due to serious funding constraints, my understanding is LSUA is only offering about 2.5 to 3 scholarships for basketball at this time. I'm not sure that will ever get up to 10.
    Thanks
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I know, slipping on the updates, but here is where we stand with the latest changes of Smith signing with SFA
    and Jackson's decision to not come to TECH:

1 Davis, Qiydar 6-6/200 G SR 1L Red Springs, NC Indian Hills CC

2 Hamilton, Alex 6-4/190 G SR 3L Chipley, FL Chipley HS
    3 Ruttley, Jermaine 6-3/200 G SR TR Radcliff, KY Florida A&M
    4 McCree, Erik 6-8/220 F JR 1L Orlando, FL Murray State
    5 Holden, Merrill 6-8/215 F JR 1L Lincoln, NE Pratt Community College
    6 Justin Leon 6-8/200 F JR TR Conway, AR Shawnee Community College
    7 White, Joniah 7-00/210 C SO 1L Grenada, MS Grenada HS
    8 Stapleton, Xavian 6-6/190 G SO 1L Madison, MS Madison Central HS
    9 Boykins, Jacobi 6-6/160 G SO 1L St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood HS
    10 Griffen, Dayon 6-5/188 G SO 1L St. Petersburg, FL St. Petersburg HS
    11 Sheppard, Branden 6-7/225 F FR RS Shreveport, LA Huntington HS
    12 Derric Jean 6-2/170 PG FR HS Hollywood, FL McArthur HS

Outstanding offers per verbal commits and the twitteratzi:

Najeal Young 6-6/220 F JR TR Milwaukee, WI Lincoln College

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

The roster as of day 1 of the Konkel regime. Although Leon and Jean have opened their recruiting back up,
    they have not asked out as of yet. Apparently the 9 returners from last year's squad are solid.

3 McCree, Erik 6-8/220 F JR 1L Orlando, FL Murray State
    4 Holden, Merrill 6-8/215 F JR 1L Lincoln, NE Pratt Community College
    5 Justin Leon 6-8/200 F JR TR Conway, AR Shawnee Community College
    6 White, Joniah 7-00/210 C SO 1L Grenada, MS Grenada HS
    7 Stapleton, Xavian 6-6/190 G SO 1L Madison, MS Madison Central HS
    8 Boykins, Jacobi 6-6/160 G SO 1L St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood HS
    9 Griffen, Dayon 6-5/188 G SO 1L St. Petersburg, FL St. Petersburg HS
    10 Sheppard, Branden 6-7/225 F FR RS Shreveport, LA Huntington HS
    11 Derric Jean 6-2/170 PG FR HS Hollywood, FL McArthur HS

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    The roster as of day 1 of the Konkel regime. Although Leon and Jean have opened their recruiting back up,
    they have not asked out as of yet. Apparently the 9 returners from last year's squad are solid.

3 McCree, Erik 6-8/220 F JR 1L Orlando, FL Murray State
    4 Holden, Merrill 6-8/215 F JR 1L Lincoln, NE Pratt Community College
    5 Justin Leon 6-8/200 F JR TR Conway, AR Shawnee Community College
    6 White, Joniah 7-00/210 C SO 1L Grenada, MS Grenada HS
    7 Stapleton, Xavian 6-6/190 G SO 1L Madison, MS Madison Central HS
    8 Boykins, Jacobi 6-6/160 G SO 1L St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood HS
    9 Griffen, Dayon 6-5/188 G SO 1L St. Petersburg, FL St. Petersburg HS
    10 Sheppard, Branden 6-7/225 F FR RS Shreveport, LA Huntington HS
    11 Derric Jean 6-2/170 PG FR HS Hollywood, FL McArthur HS

Do we room for 1 more scholarship or is it an 11 man roster?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Do we room for 1 more scholarship or is it an 11 man roster?
    We have room for 2 even if Jean and Leon stick.

Who knows whether Konk fills those or saves them for next year. If he holds them he could sign 4 as early as November.

Jean tweeting a pic of himself with Coach Konkol has to be a good sign. Hope we are able to hang onto him and Leon.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Jean tweeting a pic of himself with Coach Konkol has to be a good sign. Hope we are able to hang onto him and Leon.
    I agree, I saw that and was excited.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Hate to put a lot of stock in a tweet, but it can't be considered a bad thing.

Would love to see Jean at the point next year and Leon running the floor

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Hate to put a lot of stock in a tweet, but it can't be considered a bad thing.

Would love to see Jean at the point next year and Leon running the floor
    If the pair of them don't show, we'll need some walk on's just to have enough for an inter-squad scrimmage.

+ Reply to Thread