+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 Basketball Roster

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: 2015-2016 Basketball Roster

won't play much zone
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

And by the last two weeks Quydar was one of our better defenders

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I just dont see Joniah being ready to contribute in a major role next year unless he improves alot over the summer. He has the body, but needs to put on weight and develop some better hand eye coordination. I see it as PG: Hamilton SG: Jackson SF: Stapleton PF: McCree C: Holden. If CMW wants to keep Alex off the ball Jean could start if he is ready, but opening night this is how it will look in my opinion. Griffin, Jean, Boykins, White, Sheppard, and JUCO big off the bench. We will have pretty good depth. Boykins could easily start but I love a scorer coming off the bench and thats what he is. He can fill it up when he is hot and I think next year he will show that a la Kenyon McNeill.

Joniah is ready NOW - he was ready at the end of the year and shined at home the last month of the season - I would argue that he was the STRONGEST big we had

Has more offense than most realize and he has really soft hands

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

So what's the way-too-early guess on how many wins next year?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Joniah is ready NOW - he was ready at the end of the year and shined at home the last month of the season - I would argue that he was the STRONGEST big we had

Has more offense than most realize and he has really soft hands
    You may be right, I hope I'm wrong, but I just didnt see it out of him. He got abused physically by thicker guys in the post. Yeah he blocked a few shots just by his height alone, but we need more. I will say that against FAU or FIU at home I cant remember which one, but he turned that game around and I thought he was gonna break out. However, from then on he had many DNP-CDs and made a minimal impact when he was in there. He does have a mean streak and he is a 7 footer so the potential is there.

He was a force in the UTEP game as well as the USM game also

After that he barely got on the floor -

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Joniah's high school stats
    • Games Played 48
    • Points Per Game 10.7
    • Assists Per Game 1.3
    • Rebounds Per Game 10.5
    • Steals Per Game 0.5
    • Blocks Per Game 5.4
    http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/joniah-white/mfRH9fTmEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

That had me scratching my head.

He was a force in the UTEP game as well as the USM game also

Solid game against UTEP 2 PTS 4 REBS 3 BLKS in 13 MIN

He had 2 PTS 1 OFF REB 0 BLKS in 7 MIN against Southern Miss

So good impact in the UTEP game and I guess average against Southern Miss. He just needs way more polish. In both of those games he didnt attempt a shot. He scored with free throws. He does have a smooth stroke from the line. I would love to see him at 235-240 lbs anchoring the defense. That being said he still has to do a better job of holding on to rebounds once he gets them. He did way better late in the year, but still not where he needs to be. He'll be good as a JR and SR but as far as his SOPH more year I'm still think he has some developing to do.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

And Joniah has a mean streak that Kyser never had....
    Based on Joniah's demeanor this season in his limited playing time, I find this surprising. He didn't appear to be very excitable in his non-playing time either. He seems very quiet and laid back.

I am certain you are more familiar with the guy than I am so I look forward to seeing that mean streak. We all know the team would benefit from some big-man mean-streak

Realize my seats are three rows from the basket..

We get to see him up close and personal -

He is NOT the passive individual everyone seems to think he is

And he plays with more PHYSICALITY than any of our bigs

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

So, we got the X's & O's covered. Who gonna really "replace" the body of work called Speedy.

I was disappointed at Temple one of the underclassmen guards didn't visably step up to the leadership role when Speedy got injured and was obviously out for the game.

It's that intangible I consistently write about here on BB&B involving our teams. We got the talent. Do we have leadership coming?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Joniah needs to strengthen his base more than anything else. Once he has the ability to stand his ground and adds a little more spring, he will be formidable
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Realize my seats are three rows from the basket..

We get to see him up close and personal -

He is NOT the passive individual everyone seems to think he is

And he plays with more PHYSICALITY than any of our bigs
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Joniah needs to strengthen his base more than anything else. Once he has the ability to stand his ground and adds a little more spring, he will be formidable
    This is good to know and hear.

It did appear he was willing to put a body on someone and at least trying to push people around under the basket. However, he seemed to end up on the floor quite a few times too. That should change for the better with an improved base.

Thanks for commenting. I want to believe Joniah is going to be a major factor in the team's success as soon as next season, but it is difficult for me to have an idea on how much he can develop physically and athletically over the offseason.

I can easily add 20lbs in an offseason, but I resemble an 44yr old Oompa-Loompa and not a 7 foot teenager.

+ Reply to Thread