+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freshmen vs. Seniors - an exercise in expectations

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Question Freshmen vs. Seniors - an exercise in expectations

Who do y'all think should perform better:

Freshmen who have been
    - recruited for the system, but
    - have no experience at this level
    - may be physically/athletically undeveloped
    - and are just learning the system,

or...

last season's seniors who
    - had experience competing at this level
    - were physically matured and athletically developed, but
    - were recruited for a different style of play
    - and were also just learning the system?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Freshmen vs. Seniors - an exercise in expectations

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Who do y'all think should perform better:

Freshmen who have been
    - recruited for the system, but
    - have no experience at this level
    - may be physically/athletically undeveloped
    - and are just learning the system,

or...

last season's seniors who
    - had experience competing at this level
    - were physically matured and athletically developed, but
    - were recruited for a different style of play
    - and were also just learning the system?
    Only one senior on this year's team. I think that this year we will see a much more disciplined team running Tyler's style of play. Not one player on the roster didn't begin their college career under him, even though some were recruiting by Spoon. Not many coaches can say that in their second year.

There will be a learning curve for the freshmen, but that is always the case. I am hoping a couple of them really step up and jump right into their role!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Only one senior on this year's team. I think that this year we will see a much more disciplined team running Tyler's style of play. Not one player on the roster didn't begin their college career under him, even though some were recruiting by Spoon. Not many coaches can say that in their second year.

There will be a learning curve for the freshmen, but that is always the case. I am hoping a couple of them really step up and jump right into their role!
    I agree. However, technically Richie and Moten had one year of the previous coaching staff. Richie sat out due to transfer rules, and Moten was simply hardly used . We have a chance to have a bigger lineup as well. Pumroy 5' 9, Santos 5'11 in the backcourt and Wingate 6'2, Cleaver 6'2, Moten 6'4. I have seen Cleaver play quite a bit and I believe that she can have a similar impact on us as Vivians had on Mississippi State as a Freshmen who starts right away. although Cleaver is more of a power player and does not shoot from distance like Vivians

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. However, technically Richie and Moten had one year of the previous coaching staff. Richie sat out due to transfer rules, and Moten was simply hardly used . We have a chance to have a bigger lineup as well. Pumroy 5' 9, Santos 5'11 in the backcourt and Wingate 6'2, Cleaver 6'2, Moten 6'4. I have seen Cleaver play quite a bit and I believe that she can have a similar impact on us as Vivians had on Mississippi State as a Freshmen who starts right away. although Cleaver is more of a power player and does not shoot from distance like Vivians
    You are right about the two sitting out. I guess I was thinking more about playing time. I think he is really going to be able to implement his system this year.

I am SO glad to have Cleaver. We need that strong power type player inside. I still am hoping Moten puts on more muscle and can have her way inside, as well. She has the benefit of being able to run the floor quickly and I am hoping we still have that style of play. Some of the power players can't get up and down the court as quickly.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Last year's Sr.s perhaps tried to buy into the new system, but no doubt it would have been difficult for them,
    the Freshmen, on the other hand, Gals should be excited about learning and able to adabt quicker.. I would have to believe!
    I am really excited about the new class coming in and the addition of Pomeroy and Santos! But if history repeats itself, then I will be in for a big let down come the 3rd or 4th week of Nov. this year!
    Maybe, just maybe this year will be different!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Last year's Sr.s perhaps tried to buy into the new system, but no doubt it would have been difficult for them,
    the Freshmen, on the other hand, Gals should be excited about learning and able to adabt quicker.. I would have to believe!
    I am really excited about the new class coming in and the addition of Pomeroy and Santos! But if history repeats itself, then I will be in for a big let down come the 3rd or 4th week of Nov. this year!
    I agree. Our schedule will be tougher as well. Miss st., LSU and Stephen F Austin will come to us as part of non-conference schedule.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Exactly. I'm strongly ambivalent both ways! We're heading toward a familiar goal, but down a new path, with unknown assets, in a new era of unprecedented parity among the competition.

And I confess, the way things are going in the real world, I think by November I'm going to be looking for a frequent, healthy, heartening escape in the sports world.

Speaking of the real world, BlindDog, how has Spring Break been going down in your part of the country? Do you just stay in the bunker for the duration, or is the chaos well-zoned by the local powers that be?

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. Our schedule will be tougher as well. Miss st., LSU and Stephen F Austin will come to us as part of non-conference schedule.
    That seems a little easier compared to last year when we went to them. We went 1-2 with them, but almost a 2-1. M State was an amazing game that we could have won.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That seems a little easier compared to last year when we went to them. We went 1-2 with them, but almost a 2-1. M State was an amazing game that we could have won.
    We could have beaten MSU if we'd been allowed to shoot FTs

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Exactly. I'm strongly ambivalent both ways! We're heading toward a familiar goal, but down a new path, with unknown assets, in a new era of unprecedented parity among the competition.

And I confess, the way things are going in the real world, I think by November I'm going to be looking for a frequent, healthy, heartening escape in the sports world.

Speaking of the real world, BlindDog, how has Spring Break been going down in your part of the country? Do you just stay in the bunker for the duration, or is the chaos well-zoned by the local powers that be?
    Orange, I understand that it's been pretty crazy over on the coast, but since I can't enjoy all the eye candy, no need for me to try and go out to enjoy the scenery!
    I am all though waiting for the waters to warm up just a bit here, the last time I was at the beach the waters were just too cool to really enjoy... Taking a cruise on the 13th and hoping to have some fun!
    Summers are always hard on us BBB'rs!
    Fall and Football can't get here soon enough!

Orange, I understand that it's been pretty crazy over on the coast, but since I can't enjoy all the eye candy, no need for me to try and go out to enjoy the scenery!
    I am all though waiting for the waters to warm up just a bit here, the last time I was at the beach the waters were just too cool to really enjoy... Taking a cruise on the 13th and hoping to have some fun!
    Good grief, BlindDog. Here I was concerned about your ability to get to the store or pharmacy through all the unruly mobs... and you're talking eye candy!

Hearing that, I'm hesitant to ask what the un-sighted pleasures of a cruise might be...

Good grief, BlindDog. Here I was concerned about your ability to get to the store or pharmacy through all the unruly mobs... and you're talking eye candy!

Hearing that, I'm hesitant to ask what the un-sighted pleasures of a cruise might be...
    Besides no cell pphone, enternet, and dogs to walk.. there is the awesome food, people waiting on you hand and foot, just hangin with friends is all priceless !
    Being around a group of folks all having fun and seeming to not have a care in the world is like
    being at a home game and cruising to a victory!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

That all sounds good except for the no dog part. (:-)

Besides no cell pphone, enternet, and dogs to walk.. there is the awesome food, people waiting on you hand and foot, just hangin with friends is all priceless !
    Being around a group of folks all having fun and seeming to not have a care in the world is like
    being at a home game and cruising to a victory!
    Wow, BlindDog! That's a better pitch than Kathie Lee Gifford singing, "If my friends could see me now!"

Enough to make me think I should take a cruise (...if only I enjoyed being around lots of happy people).

Wow, BlindDog! That's a better pitch than Kathie Lee Gifford singing, "If my friends could see me now!"

Enough to make me think I should take a cruise (...if only I enjoyed being around lots of happy people).
    That's funny Orange! Aren't we all happy campers here on BB and B?
    And to BeaverDawg, Vito went on my last cruise, can't take him again, he got all the attention!
    All the " Oh, I miss my puppies pats on the head and butt!"
    Getting back to basketball, who does everyone think will be the starters for 2015-16?
    Pomroy and Santos for sure...
    The fact that Tyler started all the Sr.'s in every game, makes me think that Wingte will get the nod as well...
    Thinking in the post it could be a toss up between Molton and cleaver...
    The 3. whether its a guard or a small forward type play, could be either Richie, Davenport, or possibly LaBlanc???

+ Reply to Thread