+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lance

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Lance

It is a very sad sad thing for me. I had or have tremendous respect for the man. Did he cheat? The real question is who didn't cheat in cycling?? Its like steroids in baseball. Almost every major player in the game was doing something to get ahead. IT was still a level playing field, but because Lance was so dominant and an "American" they went after him until finally they got him. It was total BS. There is an old story I heard about how Bobby Thompson snuck a peek at the signals that the catcher was relaying to the pitcher and knew what the pitch was going to be when he hit his homerun to beat the Dodgers. Did they go after Thompson over it? Hell no. I am no fan of cheating, but when its par for the course, how can you single one man out??

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    There is an old story I heard about how Bobby Thompson snuck a peek at the signals that the catcher was relaying to the pitcher and knew what the pitch was going to be when he hit his homerun to beat the Dodgers. Did they go after Thompson over it? Hell no. I am no fan of cheating, but when its par for the course, how can you single one man out??
    except stealing a catcher's sign is not cheating

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    except stealing a catcher's sign is not cheating
    They will put one in your ear if they catch you.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

They will put one in your ear if they catch you.
    And I will dust myself off and knock the cover off the next one. I've got an epic home run trot.

And I will dust myself off and knock the cover off the next one. I've got an epic home run trot.
    Does it involve the "riding a pony?" Pitchers love that one.

Does it involve the "riding a pony?" Pitchers love that one.
    One armed windmill ala Dutch Kincaid

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Lance = A-Rod/Barry Bonds/Roger Clemons

Solely because the way both of them handled themselves...

The American sporting public is basically a forgiving lot, IF you come clean - neither were willing to come clean
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Lance was legendary for his training regimen. His teammates often would stop and let him go because they were worn out on a training ride. Did he use PE drugs? Well, apparently so. But so did everyone else at that time. And Lance didn't just win the Tour, once or something, he won it seven times. And he didn't just win it, he dominated it. Those tours were 7 of the fastest 9 ever in history of the event. He, and his team, dragged the peloton around France on record-breaking pace! You're gonna tell me Lance Armstrong was "just another rider" but the drugs made him a superman? BS! He had great talent and his work ethic was beyond reproach.

One armed windmill ala Dutch Kincaid
    Nice!!! And you have to talk about the catchers mother while you are rounding third. They like that a lot.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lance was legendary for his training regimen. His teammates often would stop and let him go because they were worn out on a training ride. Did he use PE drugs? Well, apparently so. But so did everyone else at that time. And Lance didn't just win the Tour, once or something, he won it seven times. And he didn't just win it, he dominated it. Those tours were 7 of the fastest 9 ever in history of the event. He, and his team, dragged the peloton around France on record-breaking pace! You're gonna tell me Lance Armstrong was "just another rider" but the drugs made him a superman? BS! He had great talent and his work ethic was beyond reproach.
    And he cheated.

And he lied about cheating.

And he went hard after people telling the truth as if they were lying (while lying about them).

Its sad all around. People like Lance only know one speed and that's to win at all cost. ALL cost.

I could copy and paste my post above, but it speaks for itself....still.

I will add this, as a "recreational" endurance athlete (former) and current bike-rider, it is grueling out there. Especially when you've been out 25+ miles and are fighting a stiff headwind. I admire all those who participate in, and especially those who excel, at endurance sports. Some of you can stay hung up on the nonessential aspects, I'll focus on what I know it takes to be successful.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I could copy and paste my post above, but it speaks for itself....still.

I will add this, as a "recreational" endurance athlete (former) and current bike-rider, it is grueling out there. Especially when you've been out 25+ miles and are fighting a stiff headwind. I admire all those who participate in, and especially those who excel, at endurance sports. Some of you can stay hung up on the nonessential aspects, I'll focus on what I know it takes to be successful.
    I just thought you left out some relevant information.

Many things in life are difficult. When Lance Armstrong was fighting cancer no one on the planet would have begrudged him fighting to win at all costs.

But rules are essential to sports. Even really hard ones. And not slandering people for telling the truth (when you know that they're telling the truth particularly) is something I consider essential as well.

But if rules and integrity are not essential to success as you define it, then they aren't.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    And he cheated.

And he lied about cheating.

And he went hard after people telling the truth as if they were lying (while lying about them).
    This. Especially point 3. Lance is a jackass. He actively harmed people who were simply telling the truth about him. I don't really care if "everyone was cheating" It doesn't make his cheating OK and it certainly doesn't make the rest of his actions OK.

+ Reply to Thread