+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lance

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Lance

So....y'all are saying if I, or any of you, took the same drugs Lance did, we could win the Tour!? Man! that would be awesome.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So....y'all are saying if I, or any of you, took the same drugs Lance did, we could win the Tour!? Man! that would be awesome.
    Who said that?

I said that he cheated, lied about cheating, and went hard after the people who tried to tell the truth about his cheating.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ullrich, Vinokourov, Landis, etc....the list reads as a who's who in professional cycling. ALL caught using PE drugs, or blood doping, and all competed against Lance. Every legit contender to win the Yellow Jersey from 1999 to 2007, the years Lance was so dominant, used something. And most, which is why they got caught so easily, used more drugs than Lance. Seems to me the playing field was level. Or, if anything, those others had an unfair advantage since they were more into PE drugs use.

I guess all those THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of miles Lance rode in training....his work ethic is legendary....didn't mean a damn thing.

The world loves a winner.....to a point. But, if you win too much, well, that's not fair, and suddenly you are hated, impuned, attacked, and made to pay a price.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I guess all those THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of miles Lance rode in training....his work ethic is legendary....didn't mean a damn thing.
    Where are you getting this?

People cheat at difficult things too. That doesn't make those things easy (although the point of the cheating is often to make them easier).

Are you asking us to be angry that he was stripped of his titles for cheating?

No, Lance cheated. But, the hatred aimed at him now has been blown out of proportion. I won't even mention all that he did for cancer research, and the personal inspiration he was for so many. Truth be known, since having the will to fight dread diseases is often the difference....Lance's support for so many cancer patients probably saved lives. Yes, some folks are alive today because they were inspired to keep fighting. Inspired by Lance. That's a separate issue.

As for his cycling, as I said, he did NOT have an unfair advantage. Every legit contender was using some kind of PE drugs, or blood doping, or something to improve performance. That's why so many team leaders (I mentioned a few) were caught, some banned for life, and some given a 2-year suspension.

When I see someone who is down, being kicked again and again, I feel compelled to step up. Enough is enough. It's gotten ridiculous when Lance is banned from a frickin' charity ride (a non-competitive event) that was to raise money for cancer research and care for cancer patients. I mean....really?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

No one wants to be associated with Lance now, and that is just a fact. He looks like a narcissist on his Oprah interview, and he dragged everyone over the coals that dare crossed him. If he would have fessed up in the first place and not been such an asshat about it, then he would have been forgiven a long time ago. Dawg80, as usual, has rewritten history through his foggy looking glass. Everyone was cheating, no doubt. Lance was the best, no doubt in my mind. However, the way he handled this whole situation will never be forgotten. Then, this dumbass hits a car and gets his woman to take the wrap? It just shows the character of the man.

I will say he did great things for cancer research, though. I think we can all tip our hat to him on that.

It is so easy to stand in the midst of a mob and kick a man when he's down.

Until the next article that comes out about LA, I guess we have "kicked" this topic enough, for now.

Until the next article that comes out about LA, I guess we have "kicked" this topic enough, for now.
    I think we may have different definitions of "kicking."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I am playing the world's tiniest violin for Lance...

Didn't take long, Here's the next article:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/04/0...een-lance.html

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I am playing the world's tiniest violin for Lance...
    And I bet you feel so empowered too!

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I think we may have different definitions of "kicking."
    I do want to point out just one more thing. You might consider it a small point, but it needs to be made nonetheless.

A lot of the angst aimed at Lance these days is because he "lied" about his doping. Okay. Except, Lance never tested positive for anything. All the others who were caught, and paid a price, ONLY owned up to it AFTER they were caught. Not one of them, Alberto Contador, the oh-so-honest Floyd Landis, etc... offered to the race officials: Hey, by the way, just so you'll know, I used PE drugs to prepare for this race. Nope! They practiced lies of omission....until they got nailed! Wow! such honesty.

The ONLY cyclist who admitted to using PEs without being caught was Lance Armstrong (on some very bad advice, it now appears).

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The Postal Service has no business suing anybody. The sponsored Lance for the advertising and boy did he deliver, that has nothing to do with his performance or if he cheated. Also no one in their right mind is thinking that the USPS has anything to do with Lance cheating so why so him. Its like somebody jumping onto a wrecked bus after the accident so they can get a piece of the settlement.

I do want to point out just one more thing. You might consider it a small point, but it needs to be made nonetheless.

A lot of the angst aimed at Lance these days is because he "lied" about his doping. Okay. Except, Lance never tested positive for anything. All the others who were caught, and paid a price, ONLY owned up to it AFTER they were caught. Not one of them, Alberto Contador, the oh-so-honest Floyd Landis, etc... offered to the race officials: Hey, by the way, just so you'll know, I used PE drugs to prepare for this race. Nope! They practiced lies of omission....until they got nailed! Wow! such honesty.

The ONLY cyclist who admitted to using PEs without being caught was Lance Armstrong (on some very bad advice, it now appears).
    On the other hand, nobody is telling us how sorry we should feel that their titles were taken away or how we should stop being so mean to them (by calling them cheaters and liars).

But if it makes you feel better, I feel that the other people who cheated in those races were also cheaters.

Nobody cares about those guys. Lance Armstrong is the Barry Bonds of cycling. You ride high, you bring the sport to heights of popularity never seen before pretty much by yourself (Bonds with the homerun barrage). Then, when people find out you were cheating, you get raked over the coals. People in the US barely know any other cycler outside of Lance, so all anger is pointed at him. When you ride high, the fall is long and brutal when it comes. That is life.

I do wonder what would have happened if Lance just kept lying. It seemed like there was too much coming out against him for him to keep his heels dug in, though. He would look like Bonds, who still denies, but is still a pariah. Bonds was never as loved as Lance, though, so the backlash hasn't been as bad for Bonds.

+ Reply to Thread