+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lance

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Lance

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    The Postal Service has no business suing anybody. The sponsored Lance for the advertising and boy did he deliver, that has nothing to do with his performance or if he cheated. Also no one in their right mind is thinking that the USPS has anything to do with Lance cheating so why so him. Its like somebody jumping onto a wrecked bus after the accident so they can get a piece of the settlement.
    Wasn't just the USPS. Other firms, companies, promoters, etc made $millions on Lance's endorsements, paying Lance a %. Afterwards, some of them sued wanting that % back. Thankfully, in most cases, if not all, the judge in the case threw it out, asking those promoters if they planned to refund money to their customers who bought products/services based on Lance's endorsements.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I personally could care less about the cheating. Like Dawg80 has said, everyone was cheating.

What bothers me is how ardent he was about denying the cheating, and how nasty he was against those who accused him. He (and his supporters who I would say make up a large percentage of the people currently hating him) constantly went on about being the most tested athlete ever, never tested positive, these are just people who are jealous of his success etc.

He was the pinnacle of the sport and as such was shoved in our face every time he denied using PEDs. The other guys were using too, but we didn't hear from them as much. Unfortunately I think that is why he is so hated now. A lot of people really believed him and defended him and he made fools of them.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I personally could care less about the cheating. Like Dawg80 has said, everyone was cheating.

What bothers me is how ardent he was about denying the cheating, and how nasty he was against those who accused him. He (and his supporters who I would say make up a large percentage of the people currently hating him) constantly went on about being the most tested athlete ever, never tested positive, these are just people who are jealous of his success etc.

He was the pinnacle of the sport and as such was shoved in our face every time he denied using PEDs. The other guys were using too, but we didn't hear from them as much. Unfortunately I think that is why he is so hated now. A lot of people really believed him and defended him and he made fools of them.
    Yes, me, too. But, I, could NOT care less. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well...cycling is still thriving. What an incredible Tour of California, just concluded yesterday. Hats off to Peter Sagan. Great courage yesterday, and even more limiting his losses Saturday on that long climb up Mt. Baldy. I was so inspired I hopped on my bike and rode a whopping 12 miles in 54 mins! How 'bout that!!! But....it was windy.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well...cycling is still thriving. What an incredible Tour of California, just concluded yesterday. Hats off to Peter Sagan. Great courage yesterday, and even more limiting his losses Saturday on that long climb up Mt. Baldy. I was so inspired I hopped on my bike and rode a whopping 12 miles in 54 mins! How 'bout that!!! But....it was windy.
    You've inspired me!! Takin' my bike in tomorrow for a check-over/spring tune up, looking forward to getting on the road this weekend. I did get in two 40 minutes spin classes at the Y this morning at 6 and 8. But the road rules!!!

Yep, get out there, ride!

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

I gained new respect for Peter Sagan after Mt. Baldy. Did you see just after he finsished, with the cameras in his face he was dry heving(sp?). He left NOTHING on that climb. I think he can become a "rounder" and eventually compete for the grand tours.

Agreed. Sagan won over a lot of fans for his effort on Baldy. Not known as a pure climber, although he could always get over big "hills" better than most sprinters, he surprised a lot of people....including himself. A "rounder?" Hmmm....maybe. He's only 25, so his prime years are still ahead.

That Frenchman fellow....the guy who finished 2nd in California, definitely has potential. He's only 22.

I was in a bike shop the other day, getting repairs on my machine, and struck up a convo with the shop owner. In short, like so many others, he has joined the lynch mob against Lance. Stated many of the things I have heard before. But...

...he then admitted that Lance was very, very good for his business. Said business has been "okay" for most of the 30 years he has owned/operated the shop. Beginning around 1999 or so, and continuing thru about 2011, his business BOOMED! Recognizes that Lance caused this surge of interest and now, it's back to pre-Lance levels again. Admitted to being a hypocrite in his self-righteous angst against Lance.

Today another rider has been booted from the TDF, testing positive for doping. Fortunately for him his name is not Lance Armstrong. All he has to do is apologize, serve a short suspension, and he'll be welcomed back with open arms.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I am not very knowledgeable in the Armstrong saga, but the court of public opinion has gotten out of hand in our country. I am watching a news story about the Freddy Gray/Baltimore deal. Truth apparently no longer matters in seeking justice. I suspect that a lot of misinformation passes for "facts" in the Armstrong deal, as well. Accurate history has become a thing of the past, also (pun intended). Our nation is being destroyed and if our "leadership" doesn't get their eyes on the ball we are doomed.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Fortunately for him his name is not Lance Armstrong. All he has to do is apologize, serve a short suspension, and he'll be welcomed back with open arms.
    And maybe not slander the people telling the truth about what he did.

That might help.

It might!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/disgrac...000228615.html

Ya know...

I think I'll step away from common sense for a moment and join the ranks of the irrational Lance haters. Umm, not aimed at anyone on this forum, of course. Here goes:

As a LA detractor, I think it's good that he's raising money for cancer research and such charitable causes. It's the least he can do. Like any harden criminal paying society for the ill they have perpetrated. Lance owes it to all of us, all of we...well, even those of us who never actually met him or had any dealings with him...fans and the like who feel so put-upon by his antics. I think Lance SHOULD do these rides for charities and to raise money for cancer research. I am a cancer survivor myself, and to be honest, was inspired by Lance's defeat of cancer. That was back in 2004.

So, get out there and ride Lance! Continue to raise money for cancer research, and continue to inspire people to fight that dread disease!

+ Reply to Thread