+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmage -

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmage -

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech practiced for two hours in shorts on the Tech Practice Fields Friday as the team prepared for its first full scrimmage of the spring.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmag

Sure are hoping some of you Ruston folks plan to make the scrimmage tomorrow at 1:00 PM!
    Not getting much information from the media department these days for sure!
    Some of you all give some pretty good analysis of how the team is looking!
    We are all grateful as well!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmag

It is almost 2PM and nothing posted about the scrimmage yet?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

What do you want to know?

Driskel and it ain't close. This was obvious just watching drills. Even more so in the scrimmage. I predict he will finish with better numbers than Sokol.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

And our receivers are crazy good and young. Carlos is better. He caught several deep balls in traffic. McKnight is someone you should be really excited about.

I'm not concerned about the defense ---> at all. Particularly with the change in coordinators. If there is a concern it's with depth.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post

Driskel and it ain't close.
    I will have to disagree with you there, Price Wilson has an incredible arm. Driskel will start, but to say it's not even close takes away from how well Price played in the scrimmage today. He zips the ball with ease and hit his targets on time and right between the numbers.

I thought Boston Scott carried the ball well. He got more reps than Blake Martin. Didn't see Walters. Sanford Seay once again looked like a playmaker. Hopefully he can contribute this year.

Kam McKnight is a beast.

1st team D Line looked great. Linebackers flew to the ball, DB's covered well and as we all know love to come up and hit. Roland Dunn had a good scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I will have to disagree with you there, Price Wilson has an incredible arm. Driskel will start, but to say it's not even close takes away from how well Price played in the scrimmage today. He zips the ball with ease and hit his targets on time and right between the numbers.

I thought Boston Scott carried the ball well. He got more reps than Blake Martin. Didn't see Walters. Sanford Seay once again looked like a playmaker. Hopefully he can contribute this year.

Kam McKnight is a beast.

1st team D Line looked great. Linebackers flew to the ball, DB's covered well and as we all know love to come up and hit. Roland Dunn had a good scrimmage.
    Everyone has an opinion. How about: it's very obvious. Like that better? I was there also. Driskel was more accurate. Price had some really great throws and some really bad throws...and several sacks had he not had a red jersey on. I would expect Price to be the #2 this Fall.

Walters has an injury.

Definitely agree on Dunn.

Puppy DemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the roughDemonDawg1 is a jewel in the rough

I was at both Friday and Saturday's practice. I see much improvement in Higgins. He and Driscoll are splitting time with the One's. KD and Craft ran with the Two's, Blake Martin ran with the Two's, and Scott ran with the Three's. Martin Scored Two Touchdowns in The Bone package and Goal Line Sweep. KD was stuffed and Craft got in on Goal line Bone package after three tries. Defense was Salty.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDawg1 View Post
    I was at both Friday and Saturday's practice. I see much improvement in Higgins. He and Driscoll are splitting time with the One's. KD and Craft ran with the Two's, Blake Martin ran with the Two's, and Scott ran with the Three's. Martin Scored Two Touchdowns in The Bone package and Goal Line Sweep. KD was stuffed and Craft got in on Goal line Bone package after three tries. Defense was Salty.
    Best news to me. How do the young LBs look? (I hear Thomason and Cleveland are not participating in Spring ball).

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Thank you! Despite the differences of opinion I gather that we are in good shape all around with the only possible concern being depth at some positions. Glad to see that the D approaching last year's. It also appears that Driscoll is just what we needed to help mature Wilson over this year.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't there but my source called me after. Not Driskels best scrimmage, too many mistakes and OL is looking better. Can't wait until Saturday to see for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Wasn't there but my source called me after. Not Driskels best scrimmage, too many mistakes and OL is looking better. Can't wait until Saturday to see for myself.
    And he still looked better than Wilson and Higgins today.

Varsity Bulldog Kodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the rough

I agree with RhythmDawg that it's Driskel by far. I would say Jeff is the starter and Driskel is the backup. It wasn't just the accuracy but also the decision making. Higgins should have had a couple of ints but they were not caught and he drew the defense off side, got the flag and ran out of bounds instead of throwing down field and Wilson had a blitzer fall down when he tried to change direction to go cover and left the receiver wide open and still didn't throw to him and Holts was not happy.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kodawg View Post
    I agree with RhythmDawg that it's Driskel by far. I would say Jeff is the starter and Driskel is the backup...
    Wow--he must be VERY good, but he'll probably get fatigued easily. 😉

+ Reply to Thread