+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmage -

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmag

I got to watch Wednesday and Driskel looked like Saul among the sons of Kish (compared to the rest). Not that they were bad. He's impressive.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Holds Shorts Practice Friday in Preparation for Scrimmag

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDawg1 View Post
    I see much improvement in Higgins.
    He can't get anything on his throws compared to the other two guys. He struggles to make throws that Driskel makes with ease. Price can flick his wrist and throw a 30yd rope. As far as missing receivers, I'd like to see that stats but my guess was Price had 75% completions today.

Solomon Hunter and Jaylen Ferguson impressed me as well. Of course, Deldrick Canty played well today and Russell Farris--that dude has some nose for the ball. Marlon Watts had a nice one-handed TD catch on a fade route.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Thanks, guys, for all the input. Sounds like the Spring Game will be VERY INTERESTING!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Higgins also takes noticeably longer to deliver the ball to a receiver giving the defender too much time to close.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I think Driskel is a smarter and more consistent passer with as big an arm as Wilson. Adding his ability to run like he can and the starting job competition isn't a close one.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the reports, guys/gals! Please keep them coming

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

From what I saw (full pad practice):

Driskel was the best qb in terms of arm, poise, and timing. He also looks like a formidable runner. Higgins looks good if his first option is open. Price looks taller and leaner to me. He can sling it but often held the ball too long and would have been sacked (doesn't look like a runner).

Henderson is a bonafide stud receiver. He's got it all. I don't think he's a real hard worker but he is very talented. To be honest, I thought Connor Smith caught the ball in traffic better than any of them. He is a physical player that seems to be a gifted possession receiver and blocks downfield. Watts is a constant mismatch, our guys couldn't cover him. Trent is Trent. McKnight is built like a tight end.

Craft looked significantly better than the other running backs (Dixon didn't practice). He's playing faster imo (and he is fast).

Fitte has emerged as a leader. Plays with confidence and aggression. He's also a physical specimen.

Vernon Butler was unblockable. Apart from him, I thought our OL out performed the DL (in both the "thud" and the 3 on 3 hitting drills). In fact, I was impressed by power of the OL. That said, I didn't get to see them do any pass blocking.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys! I can't wait until next Saturday.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

You guys are making me set my expectations very high.

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

I saw some nice punts from two different punters. I sure hope they can keep it in game situations!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronmyster View Post
    I saw some nice punts from two different punters. I sure hope they can keep it in game situations!
    After last year, I would have punters and kickers practicing til their toes hurt!

There were also some bad punts. I did see a made 45yrd FG

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Driskel to Henderson for the score,
    Driskel to Henderson for the score,
    Driskel to Henderson for the score,...

Video clips
    http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/s...S0qkTeJLkUnruQ

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronmyster View Post
    Hope that is accurate they were all horrible last week. I didn't see any improvement in consistency or strength-distance or height. There has got to be some HS punter walking the campus that could outperform what we have on the team. I was shocked no one else has walked on to punt?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Hope that is accurate they were all horrible last week. I didn't see any improvement in consistency or strength-distance or height. There has got to be some HS punter walking the campus that could outperform what we have on the team. I was shocked no one else has walked on to punt?
    Put several signs up in the TONK and around campus. Sign: Would you like to be the punter or fieldgoal kicker for the LA TECH football team??? Tryouts on the Football practicefield on _ _ 2015 @ 10:00AM, 2:00PM, and 5:00PM. You could possibly get a schollarship.

+ Reply to Thread