+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blonde Bomber

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Blonde Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    ...Also, Louisiana Tech has the reputation of coaches who do well and get offers for other larger schools (Dooley to Tennessee, Dykes to Cal, Mike White almost to Tennessee last year). ULL does not have that yet.
    ...and then don't do so well when they arrive at the next destination.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    In taliking with a higher up at TECH last year, he said Holtz indicated he wanted to be successful at TECH and in a few years, retire in Ruston.
    Well there it is!! He is gone for sure!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    .....So here's the inevitable question facing Tech: This will be Skip Holtz's 3rd year.....If he has another good year like last season, will he get offers to go elsewhere? Or is he on the same track as ULL's coach?.....always getting overlooked for bigger jobs?
    On a positive note--he still gets 500k a yr ( 2 more) from Florida , so the rush to leave for bigger salary is a "little" less.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Skip will be here until at least the USF money runs out. Skip seems to be a good recruiter, manager and speaker. So far we are getting our money's worth. After 2013, I was one that wanted him gone but I was wrong. He has showed he can bring excitement to Tech football even with the WTF game every year. Unless a big P5 comes after Skip, he will be at Tech becuase Tech is a top G5 program.

I hope Rattay is learning what is required and networking with other coaches as I think he is HC in waiting. He has a couple more years to soak it all in.
    GEEZ!! I replied to a post before seeing your post -- said same thing about money. I agree with your post

He also talked about why he gave Super Bowl stuff to Tech-- not in the article-- I did find it cool that Bob Griffen will have a full interview on news--do not know when. what I found interesting is That night Bradshaw drafted #1 by Pittsburg--BoB Griffen was at Terrys home-- of course Bob's son in law is Luke Mccown--- crazy circle going there

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Dittos for me as well. Robertson was QB when I was a freshman and a sophomore. He decided not play his senior year and Bradshaw started and we had 2 Grantland Rice Bowl appearances. I played against Bradshaw in high school. Very good memories!
    one year behind you --where did you play HS ?

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post

I hope Rattay is learning what is required and networking with other coaches as I think he is HC in waiting. He has a couple more years to soak it all in.
    I hope this is the case. I'd like to see Hunter Lee as an assistant coach as well.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    one year behind you --where did you play HS ?
    played at Byrd. Best memory is of a picture of Michael Landon-little Joe in Shreveport for a rodeo, on front page of Shreveport Journal with Terry B. In his Woodlawn track uniform both holding a javelin. Landon held national high school record before Terry broke it. Then it was broken by kid forgot his name who was QB at Ruston and Tulane.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

played at Byrd. Best memory is of a picture of Michael Landon-little Joe in Shreveport for a rodeo, on front page of Shreveport Journal with Terry B. In his Woodlawn track uniform both holding a javelin. Landon held national high school record before Terry broke it. Then it was broken by kid forgot his name who was QB at Ruston and Tulane.
    I understand Phil Robertson threw javelin well at North Caddo as well.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    He also talked about why he gave Super Bowl stuff to Tech-- not in the article-- I did find it cool that Bob Griffen will have a full interview on news--do not know when. what I found interesting is That night Bradshaw drafted #1 by Pittsburg--BoB Griffen was at Terrys home-- of course Bob's son in law is Luke Mccown--- crazy circle going there
    I hope Bob was at TB's house back then . . . . Griffin was the top TV sports anchor in town and all things Shreveport.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

That would be Patrick Ramsey.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    That would be Patrick Ramsey.
    Who also has retired to Ruston.
    On another note, I think you can expect to see Ryan Moats relocate to Ruston soon.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    In taliking with a higher up at TECH last year, he said Holtz indicated he wanted to be successful at TECH and in a few years, retire in Ruston.
    Yes, but only after he's spent a decade or so behind the AD's desk.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's funny that most lsu fans who are non lsu grads are offended by his comments. I've heard that some of our own grads who claim to be "a fan of all state schools" have said Bradshaw is out of touch.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It's funny that most lsu fans who are non lsu grads are offended by his comments. I've heard that some of our own grads who claim to be "a fan of all state schools" have said Bradshaw is out of touch.
    Truth is that those grads are the ones who need to get back in touch. A gentle touch over the head with a whoopin stick sounds appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread