+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A tradition unlike any other...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A tradition unlike any other...

Glad to see Phil M. high up on the leader board. Probably won't win it today, but he's playing very well.

That 21-yr-old kid, Jordan Spieth, is not folding. Hanging tough, in the lead.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A tradition unlike any other...

Loved the finish. Wish that Tiger had not entered. Golf is so much better without him taking attention off the contenders, IMO. Wish that Phil and Rory had put it together earlier and been a real threat today.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Loved the finish. Wish that Tiger had not entered. Golf is so much better without him taking attention off the contenders, IMO. Wish that Phil and Rory had put it together earlier and been a real threat today.
    This. The announcers just wont shut up about Tiger. make him go away!!!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This. The announcers just wont shut up about Tiger. make him go away!!!
    Why should he not enter? His final score indicated he belonged there. If the media pays too much attention, that's on them, not him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Mav, he said himself he is not in shape to play and contend regularly. Commentator asked when we would see him enter another tourney and Tiger said, "Not for a while." His body was broken down so badly by his swing early in his career that now he can't keep it up for 4 rounds.

When he waits 6 weeks to enter again, it will be another media circus and the newer rising stars will be ignored. As I said, IMO, golf is better without him.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Mav, he said himself he is not in shape to play and contend regularly. Commentator asked when we would see him enter another tourney and Tiger said, "Not for a while." His body was broken down so badly by his swing early in his career that now he can't keep it up for 4 rounds.

When he waits 6 weeks to enter again, it will be another media circus and the newer rising stars will be ignored. As I said, IMO, golf is better without him.
    Tigger's won what, 3, green jackets?

I think he'll be back next year and the next year and the next year after that. As long as he can walk and swing a club, he'll be invited . . . as per the rules of returning champions. 'And I can guarantee he (and his dwindling media entourage) will be there.

Get used to it.

Of course his body is not what it was, but, come on, -5 for four days at Augusta. Only 16 golfers were better this past weekend.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Tiger Woods : PGA = Notre Dame : CFB

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

What's funny is D80 was commenting on how well Jordan Spieth was playing and made mention of lefty. Techman05 (I love your posts) was the first to mention Tiger - and then complain that the media spends too much time on Tiger. I'm not a Tiger fan or hater. I did watch a little of the tournament to watch both Spieth & Tiger. I think he is good for golf overall (maybe not for the other players) because he puts eyes on the screen (haters & fans).

Tiger played well enough to finish in a Tie for 17th and take home $155,000. I don't know why he shouldn't have entered.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    What's funny is D80 was commenting on how well Jordan Spieth was playing and made mention of lefty. Techman05 (I love your posts) was the first to mention Tiger - and then complain that the media spends too much time on Tiger.
    Exactly!

Tiger belonged out there. He isn't the same as when he was young, but he's a helluva golfer.

I will admit to being in the minority on this one. I don't hate Tiger, but I enjoy golf more when he doesn't make the weekend. The media and PGA love him because it keeps them relevant. I also appreciate what he was able to do when healthy and realize there may never be another player with the killer instinct he had. He had the ability to affect players all over the course without saying a word. Everyone has their favorite players, drivers, and teams. He just doesn't make my list.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I will admit to being in the minority on this one. I don't hate Tiger, but I enjoy golf more when he doesn't make the weekend. The media and PGA love him because it keeps them relevant. I also appreciate what he was able to do when healthy and realize there may never be another player with the killer instinct he had. He had the ability to affect players all over the course without saying a word. Everyone has their favorite players, drivers, and teams. He just doesn't make my list.
    ...Spieth could have laid up on both par 5s with a 4 stroke lead. He didn't. THAT'S killer instinct. Phil has killer instinct too. IMO, killer instinct is defined on the putting greens at Augusta more than going for the pins.

True

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The kid can roll the rock...

Flat stick was unreal all 4 rounds

Mickelson just has IT at Augusta, he reverts back 10 years every time he enters the gates

I love seeing Tiger meltdown and throw F-bombs every where and then seeing Els, Mickelson, Rose, McIlroy, Fowler and Spieth etal with their class on the turf which now makes Tiger look about 3 inches tall

Palmer's directives Thursday morning to the golfers (Tiger especially) seemed to only last one day with el Tigre -

BTW as much as I hated Montgomerie the player, I love as the analyst
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Tiger's accomplishments on the course and off are undeniable. He made pro golf relevant and really generated interest for younger players. But the media blows his being in a tournament completely out of proportion. An NFL program on Bleacher Report on XM radio kept getting interrupted a Tiger update on every stinking hole. It was like listening to a radio program hosted by that dog in the movie "UP."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Tiger's accomplishments on the course and off are undeniable. He made pro golf relevant and really generated interest for younger players.
    For a short time, but not for long. Golf is in decline in every way. Young people are not playing today like they did when Arnie, Jack, and Greg Norman were all gaining stardom.

+ Reply to Thread