+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest question marks going into 2015 season.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Biggest question marks going into 2015 season.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    How many stadiums did we kick in the last 2 years with windows that close, and without a super wide net?
    Good point.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

A big question for me--- hate to get back to original thread-- is LEADERSHIP FROM WITHIN-- Chemistry. Coaches can only do so much, last year Sokol and Bates were natural leaders, both had fire in belly to will team to victory. Sounds stupid but some players just have "it". QP had it--us old folks remember Duron had it-- over years certain players have just taken team on back and refused to give up - coach has mentioned a few players that he expects to step up and fill that void. "lead by example" is not as effective as lead by example and be vocal of your expectations of teamates-- thin line between being a guy others will follow and guy others ignore , come crunch time--you need that leader on field and sideline

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    A big question for me--- hate to get back to original thread-- is LEADERSHIP FROM WITHIN-- Chemistry. Coaches can only do so much, last year Sokol and Bates were natural leaders, both had fire in belly to will team to victory. Sounds stupid but some players just have "it". QP had it--us old folks remember Duron had it-- over years certain players have just taken team on back and refused to give up - coach has mentioned a few players that he expects to step up and fill that void. "lead by example" is not as effective as lead by example and be vocal of your expectations of teamates-- thin line between being a guy others will follow and guy others ignore , come crunch time--you need that leader on field and sideline
    +1

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Jerry Pope--he was consistant from 50 tards...
    I don't think they're called that anymore. Not very PC of you.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I don't think they're called that anymore. Not very PC of you.
    I guess I am so used to being called that I forgot ..

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Our net punting ranked #119 in FBS last year. 33.24 yard avg after discounting for total return yards. Only 208 return yards allowed on 68 punts. Not too shabby there. Easy to get down the field pretty quickly when the ball only goes 100 feet though.

Our team FG % was 62.9% (17 for 27). Very few teams were worse. We were also one of 4 FBS teams with more than 10 FG misses. We also had 3 of a total 20 FBS extra point misses in the 2014 season.
    Of course, the benefit of the directional rugby style punt is to prevent returns. But if they aren't end over end, they don't roll. And if they aren't kicked away from the returner, they can be scooped fairly easily.

Fischer was an all conference honorable mention kicker in 2013. It seemed to me Holtz was giving Barnes a chance to win the job last season (as both Fischer struggled). Neither kicker was consistent. Part of the reason for the struggles might have been the punitive approach taken by the coaching staff. I'm not sure, but it might be best to settle with one guy and give him a larger margin of error.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I heard from a student assistant that if you see Fischer in practice, you won't be able to stand him any more than you already do watching him kick. Supposedly laughs when he misses and doesn't take it very seriously at all.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

That could be easily fixed with a visit from the O Line. That shouldn't be tolerated.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    That could be easily fixed with a visit from the O Line. That shouldn't be tolerated.
    They could strip him naked and duct tape him to the flagpole for a few hours! OR....they could each give him a swift kick in the ass!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think leadership on offense ultimately comes from the qb. Patton was good for a morale boost and a big play but Colby Cameron led that offense. Conversely, on defense the leadership can be shared and often comes from one from each position group.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    We our awl accossiated with edukasion in Lousyana. Does speling reely mater?
    Not if you have to raise taxes to do it. Bobby has his minions asking outside the state people if this or that revenue generater would be considered a tax increase. If so, the people of Louisiana aren't worth it. I have been a registered Republican in the state since 1971 before the open primary (doubt if anyone has been one longer) and I have never been so disappointed. Edwards did not disappoint me because I had low expectations. Bobby would ruin this state for a third place finish in Iowa and a second place finish in S. Carolina.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think leadership on offense ultimately comes from the qb. Patton was good for a morale boost and a big play but Colby Cameron led that offense. Conversely, on defense the leadership can be shared and often comes from one from each position group.
    I'll mildly disagree with you. Patton was the heart and soul of his two years here.

Perhaps one of our most natural leaders . . . Quin Harris.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    They could strip him naked and duct tape him to the flagpole for a few hours! OR....they could each give him a swift kick in the ass!
    sportsdawg wants him to do wet tee shirt ... looks like weather woukld accomodate that== its pouring in Shreveport (9:45) and our weather drifts to Ruston

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I heard from a student assistant that if you see Fischer in practice, you won't be able to stand him any more than you already do watching him kick. Supposedly laughs when he misses and doesn't take it very seriously at all.
    What is a "supposedly" laugh?
    This sounds like typical gossip to me. A lot of people have a habit of giggling when they screw up, no "supposedly" to it.
    To jump to the conclusion he doesn't care, then tell someone else about it isn't the way to go. That "student assistant" should have confronted Mr. Fischer to make sure. This is how a team can get way out of whack.
    I'm disappointed that you went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    my experience is leadership comes from your experienced players ( often seniors) and the workaholics -- agree that QBs tend to get most of credit ,or blame - think Werner (spelling) with CC got a lot of leadership credit--- just hope it happens --In Times interview today Coach said he is focused on 2 things--- who will be the 2s and who will be the leaders

+ Reply to Thread