+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Football. @LATechFB Hosts Spring Game Saturday - latechsports.com

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Football. @LATechFB Hosts Spring Game Saturday - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Blake Martin is the best second back we have. I don't know why he doesn't get more playing time. Of course, the coaches know more than I do and maybe he's most effective as a pinch hitter.
    You have to take into account pass blocking and pass catching, as well. I like Craft a lot as second back personally. He seems to have a little more wiggle than last year. I think Walters, Scott, and Martin are having a great competition for the third back spots.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Driskel threw a bad int to Barnes. Then led the team to a two minute drill win with the two point conversion. Barnes almost had another but stepped out somehow. Higgins to Taylor was unstoppable.
    The coaches told driskel to throw it up so the receivers could try to make plays. It was a fun spring game.

My thoughts on it:

Driskel passed the eye test. His game is strong arm and being a beast running. If they let him run, the O would almost be unstoppable.

Higgins looked good also. Good touch on passes and very mobile. Did not make a bad throw.

Wilson could be special. Quick release and cannon arm. Needs to work on placement and the change up. Throws hard every psss and needs to put more air under it.

Running backs are great. all looked capable of grinding and big plays.

Henderson is a special player caught every pass and is a bitch to tackle. all the receivers looked good and only a couple drops in the rain.

OL and DL hard to judge since they were split up but should be better than last year.

D was screwed by running cover 2 and 3 but the D backs were in good position on all plays. No blitzing we are ok on D but I expect there will only be a slight drop off from last year.

The offense will roll with Higgins or Driskel. Price needs another year to be able to compete for the starting job.

With the better O and stout blitzing D I am estimating 9 to 11 wins next year and a conference usa championship will be in Ruston. There is no scenario where I can see less than 8 wins and a bowl game.

The only weakness I saw was lack of depth. The 2s and 3s looked young and small.

Kicking was bad but Shouse will be the punter this year.

Fun day but won't be enough football until Sept to keep me sane. When is the draft?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Higgins second pass sailed on him but overall did well, should note that many drives had to use fourth down to pick up the first down, so Dwas better than stats indicate. (no punts in first half)

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody for the reports.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Higgins second pass sailed on him but overall did well, should note that many drives had to use fourth down to pick up the first down, so Dwas better than stats indicate. (no punts in first half)
    A bad throw is a pick or bad read.

I would be excited with any of the 3 qbs. wait until they unleash Driskel, he will be a man amongst boys next year. His running threat is going to make it very hard on defenses to stop. He's a 4.5 guy that's in the top 3 on the team in speed. I talked to a couple of OL guys and they are very impressed with running the ball.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Driskel can easily throw it 50 yards and he showed his speed at Florida too. Being 6'-4" 237 he is difficult to bring to the ground. Opponents will hate having to defend against him.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Connor Smith had a great spring game. He has added some flesh. Beau Fitte also did well on Defense and looked bigger. Q Moore is a beast. Jaylon Ferguson is good to go and Cedric Johnson played well in the middle.

I spoke to T Walters after the game. He said he did not play much today bc of hamstring concerns. He is a good looking athlete.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Sound likes it was a fun game to watch.

But this very disappointing considering the staff made no effort to go recruit some decent kickers. This is going to cost us some W's like it did last year.
    On kicking game:
    "They have to do better. I have seen them do better. We missed an extra point today. We missed a field goal from the two yard line today. We had a 20 yard punt and probably another one that went 20 in the air, it had a lot of roll so it looked like it went a long way. I did not think the kicking game was very good at all today. We have to be able to perform in some game like situations with people in the stands. When you pull out the charts and numbers, they are capable of doing it. I just hope we can take what we are capable of doing and put it out on the field. Right now we have not and it is disappointing and frustrating."

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post

But this very disappointing considering the staff made no effort to go recruit some decent kickers. This is going to cost us some W's like it did last year.
    On kicking game:
    "They have to do better. I have seen them do better. We missed an extra point today. We missed a field goal from the two yard line today. We had a 20 yard punt and probably another one that went 20 in the air, it had a lot of roll so it looked like it went a long way. I did not think the kicking game was very good at all today. We have to be able to perform in some game like situations with people in the stands. When you pull out the charts and numbers, they are capable of doing it. I just hope we can take what we are capable of doing and put it out on the field. Right now we have not and it is disappointing and frustrating."

I cannot believe they didn't make an effort to find new kickers. I'm not saying that last year's losses from ODU and NSU solely fell on the kickers. However, if our kickers were at least "mediocre" both of those losses would have been a W.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I cannot believe they didn't make an effort to find new kickers. I'm not saying that last year's losses from ODU and NSU solely fell on the kickers. However, if our kickers were at least "mediocre" both of those losses would have been a W.
    +1

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    The coaches told driskel to throw it up so the receivers could try to make plays. It was a fun spring game.

My thoughts on it:

Driskel passed the eye test. His game is strong arm and being a beast running. If they let him run, the O would almost be unstoppable.

Higgins looked good also. Good touch on passes and very mobile. Did not make a bad throw.

Wilson could be special. Quick release and cannon arm. Needs to work on placement and the change up. Throws hard every psss and needs to put more air under it.

Running backs are great. all looked capable of grinding and big plays.

Henderson is a special player caught every pass and is a bitch to tackle. all the receivers looked good and only a couple drops in the rain.

OL and DL hard to judge since they were split up but should be better than last year.

D was screwed by running cover 2 and 3 but the D backs were in good position on all plays. No blitzing we are ok on D but I expect there will only be a slight drop off from last year.

The offense will roll with Higgins or Driskel. Price needs another year to be able to compete for the starting job.

With the better O and stout blitzing D I am estimating 9 to 11 wins next year and a conference usa championship will be in Ruston. There is no scenario where I can see less than 8 wins and a bowl game.

The only weakness I saw was lack of depth. The 2s and 3s looked young and small.

Kicking was bad but Shouse will be the punter this year.

Fun day but won't be enough football until Sept to keep me sane. When is the draft?
    . Good post. Pretty much what I saw

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    . After game coach was very disappointed with kicking game-- pretty much only negative thing he said. Very defensive of 2 of picks JD had-- one Hail Mary to end half-- basically let fans see how far he can throw and other 4th 10 so what the heck

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

who was 18 in white?

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post

On kicking game:

Hate it when I make a post and see a much better one I did not see---

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

who was 18 in white?
    Andy McAlindon

+ Reply to Thread