+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wyly Tower

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Wyly Tower

According to the Dallas Morning News Sam Wyly and his deceased brother Charles owe the IRS $3.2 billion dollars. According to the paper the IRS may seize many of their holdings. Wonder if this would include donations? They could seize the Wyly Tower! On the other hand if they did it could become the Obama Presidential Library and could be eligible for billions of federal dollars. Or the IRS could seize the entire university and make it into the university of record for everyone who chooses to come to the U.S. through, ahem, non traditional methods. I see an unbelievable future if that occurs. Think how proud you would be to be an alum.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Wyly Tower

I was hoping they would go the other way and hide vast sums of money at TECH to avoid the IRS.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

$3.2 billion dollars? Wow! I didn't realize that he was a billionaire. With that kind of wealth, Wyly should have done for Tech what T. Boone Pickens and Phil Knight did for their teams.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

The IRS isn't going to seize Wyly Tower.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

In response, Wyly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Despite listing assets of $100 to $500 million, Wyly’s lawyers stated that bankruptcy protection was necessary due to the judgment and “the massive costs of investigations and then litigation” by the SEC.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonyn...pist-sam-wyly/

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    The IRS isn't going to seize Wyly Tower.
    With the poor condition it is in, we should let them take it off our hands.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

According to the new IRS dictator, the IRS is short on employees, so, I guess the IRS is trying to raise money to hire some more worthless employees and throw some more parties. I used to call the IRS to try to get help, but, I finally gave up when I could never get any information. They knew less about the tax system than I did. Last year they audited me for 2011 and I had to pay another $38. Several of the IRS employees have delinquent taxes that go back several years. I wonder who audits them?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    According to the new IRS dictator, the IRS is short on employees, so, I guess the IRS is trying to raise money to hire some more worthless employees and throw some more parties. I used to call the IRS to try to get help, but, I finally gave up when I could never get any information. They knew less about the tax system than I did. Last year they audited me for 2011 and I had to pay another $38. Several of the IRS employees have delinquent taxes that go back several years. I wonder who audits them?
    Al Sharpton

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Al Sharpton
    If that guy was white and Republican he'd be behind bars right now.

+ Reply to Thread