+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Britt McHenry

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: ESPN's Britt McHenry

With the video out there for the world to see, ESPN had to do something to punish her. If they didn't suspend her, it makes people assume think that they don't hold their employees to any code of conduct.

Fans look up to the sportscasters they see on TV every day. For someone to be that hateful on on video for the world to see, there has to be a consequence

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I still don't understand how being angry about her car being towed is national news.
    Did you check out the video? It wasn't just being angry, she was clearly drunk and verbally abusive to the woman working there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post

Fans look up to the sportscasters they see on TV every day.
    Sportscasters are not to be looked up to.

Did you check out the video? It wasn't just being angry, she was clearly drunk and verbally abusive to the woman working there.
    Did you hear what was being said back to her to make her so angry? Not to excuse her behavior, but she was baited into the rant.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Sportscasters are not to be looked up to.

Did you hear what was being said back to her to make her so angry? Not to excuse her behavior, but she was baited into the rant.
    Like my attorney told me "he used fightin words" is no longer a defense.

Imo, she reps espn on camera and off. They had to do something or it looks like they condone the behavior.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

No, and I won't. I am sick and tired of people making private matters public.

Had it been handled correctly, a sincere apology could resolved the matter.

Besides, if you work for a towing service that picks up illegally parked cars, you should have thick skin. We are a pussified society.

Besides, have you read the stories about the abuses by towing companies? It is often criminal.

Again, I'm simply not going to click on the stories and thus place my vote that I want stories like this. It was a private matter and it should have stayed a private matter. Nothing I've read on this thread gives me any hint that this should have been a public story.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Why couldn't this have been Chris Berman??
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Why couldn't this have been Chris Berman??
    No kidding. If he was a real man he would have done us all a favor and accepted the suspension in her stead.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Other than being eye candy, those reporterette babes are useless. They ask stupid questions. I'd like to see a coach, just once, tell one to "eff off!"

My favorite stupid question from a sideline reporterette babe is: How proud are you of your team?

I'd like a coach to answer, oh...87% proud. We should have played better.

And then, oh my! a reporterette babe giving permission to a player or coach to go enjoy a win, with: Go celebrate.

Player: Really? Ya mean I have your permission to celebrate. Thanks! (come with me to the locker room...)

Fire 'em all.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

She desperately needed an attitude adjustment. Maybe this will do it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    No, and I won't. I am sick and tired of people making private matters public.
    In the "digital age" (to use an antiquated phrase), any matter that takes place in the presence of a smart phone is a public matter.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In the "digital age" (to use an antiquated phrase), any matter that takes place in the presence of a smart phone is a public matter.
    Yep. When in public there is no expectation of privacy.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We are always being watched, but those in the public eye are watched even closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Yep. When in public there is no expectation of privacy.
    The problem with this and many cases is that the recordings are sometimes manipulated before being released. FOX jumped on this deal in their haste to hate on an ESPN reporter. They should have researched it more before they acted like the drive by guys.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I'd submit that public figures, by definition, have a lower expectation of personal privacy. And her words, irrespective of any alleged provocation, were ill-considered.

But we all say ill-considered things sometimes ... can't a person, even a public figure, have a bad moment anymore???

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

But we all say ill-considered things sometimes ... can't a person, even a public figure, have a bad moment anymore???
    Yes, and especially if being provoked by a toothless, uneducated, overweight, ...

Varsity Bulldog Kodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the rough

She lacks almost all that's necessary to be a protected class. As you know stupid is not something that allows one to be included. The qualifications for not being held accountable are...

-Liberal
    -Black
    -Female
    -Gay
    -Proud non-Christian
    -Anti-Gun

Any of the above not met puts a person in question by CNN, MSNBC, and the remaining drive by media. BTW, ESPN is part of the drive by media.
    Wow, you seem to have a lot of issues with anything you don't like or agree with. Can you explain to me your racist thoughts on why blacks are protected. Remember to be a proud Christian when explaining.

+ Reply to Thread